• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Readies Core i9-10850K 10-core/20-thread Processor

AMD's entire Zen 2 lineup is slower than 8700k in gaming that was released in 2017...
And calm down on the fanboying. The actual power consumption is about the same during gaming. Nobody is buying these CPUs to play Prime95 and Cinebench.
View attachment 161314

Skylake nets you way more FPS at similar power. Skylake is actually more power efficient during gaming.

View attachment 161315

Objectively, this is a very limited perspective. It is unreasonable to say that you will buy a rig with a top end CPU and GPU to game at 1080p. It is true that Intel still have an edge in games, but that gap is fast getting closed. Also, I doubt the Skylake chip is more efficient when gaming at higher resolution. To achieve that kind of performance, the old Skylake architecture will need to run at very high a clockspeed. In my opinion, I went for a Ryzen because I would prefer a more all rounded PC, instead of gaming focused. I am happy to lose some FPS, but I know when I am encoding/ decoding videos, it is a superior option.

Processor AMD Threadripper 3690x
Motherboard MSI TRX40 Pro 10G
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Turbo OC
Storage 2x 1TB Intel 970 Pro NVM
Display(s) Dell U2415m x2
Case Fractal Define XL R2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Hyper X G6
Power Supply 800 Watt Fractal Design Newton R3
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX-3.0 - Black Keys
Software Win 10 Edu
Someone can't take criticism so launches a personal attack casting aspersions on my ability to read.
The chart posted shows 201MHz difference, which I pointed out.

and yet you fail to see that the max boost is 100mhz (5.2 vs 5.3ghz) different.... grow up.