• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Readies New Stepping of 9th Gen Core Processors

Refresh after refresh after refresh. I’m glad I jumped to team red for a Zen+. I was all worried my purchase would immediately be stomped by intel. Turns out that’s not the case at all. Not looking so hot for Intel.

bobhumplick

I want 10th gen

youre looking at it. they will just take the 9900k and make it the next i7. then they will slot in an i9 with 10 cores

Refresh after refresh after refresh. I’m glad I jumped to team red for a Zen+. I was all worried my purchase would immediately be stomped by intel. Turns out that’s not the case at all. Not looking so hot for Intel.
dude its a stepping. just means they changed the manufacturing side of things. probalby so they dont waste wafer space with the kf cpus that have the igpu turned off. now they can make them with no igpu in the first place and make more chips per wafer. its just a new stepping not a new gen.

however i think the next gen will be based on these. so youll get a 9900k for i7 prices. i dont really care about refreshes or whatever word you wanna call it. i care about performance. and i think these are gonna deliver. and anybody who bought an i5 on the 8th gen will be able to move up to a cometlake i7 with 8 cores 16 threads and be plenty happy.

youre just looking for reasons to justify your purchase and using words that dont even really apply to this article to do so. besides amd just did a refresh with ryzen 2000 and after ryzen 3000 they will do some more refreshes. they are gonna be on 7nm for awhile