• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Sneaks in Windows 7-compatible H310 Chipset Revision

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
What is Fuschia? This is the first I've heard of it.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
What is Fuschia? This is the first I've heard of it.

Their new phone (possibly more) OS, with their own kernel.. expected to replace Android when released.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Their new phone (possibly more) OS, with their own kernel.. expected to replace Android when released.
Sounds like Google wants to be more like Apple. I'm kinda expecting them to EOL Android now and continue on with only Fuchsia devices, which will probably be more locked down and give Google more control.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
LOL! Going to presume you're joking. Fuchsia is the joke.

The only joke about it is that it's now less out of the hands of it's engineers now. They tried to develop it with more security and privacy in mind..which, of course, is against the company's whole reason to exist.

Technically though, it's based off of Haiku.. which in turn is based off of BeOS. A thing of beauty to this day. And what probably would have been the basis for Apple's products, if things had slightly gone a different way (Apple decided to purchase NeXT instead and the rest is history).

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
With proper tweak, Win10 1803 is my favorite OS so far... After Bodhi Linux / Elementary OS /Linux Mint.

Each large update breaks many tweaks, re-enables cortana and telemetry, it's a pain in the butt, nope, it's a total disaster, barely usable OS, that's why if you use Win10, you're not suppose to update at all, I've settled with 1607 (AU) for the forseeable future.

Not to mention, most feature updates are cosmetic and targeted for mainstream audience, which makes them almost completely useless.

The next time I update Win10 will be when I install a fresh version on a new PC :pimp:

The only joke about it is that it's now less out of the hands of it's engineers now. They tried to develop it with more security and privacy in mind..which, of course, is against the company's whole reason to exist.
That and the fact that after looking at it for any space of time, no developer wants to use it. Devs are even hesitant about ChromeOS. Most people who use a ChromeBook dislike it almost right away or after a little while because of it's limitations. Android is a much better and more well refined OS. But I digress, we're a bit off topic..

Each large update breaks many tweaks, re-enables cortana and telemetry, it's a pain in the butt, nope, it's a total disaster, barely usable OS, that's why if you use Win10, you're not suppose to update at all, I've settled with 1607 (AU) for the forseeable future.

Not to mention, most feature updates are cosmetic and targeted for mainstream audience, which makes them almost completely useless.

The next time I update Win10 will be when I install a fresh version on a new PC :pimp:

It takes 5 minutes to tweaks the settings back to normal. To say that it's barely usable is extreme to say the least.

If you don't like UWP crap, simply run the bellow command; it removes all the apps and the store, and it doesn't come back after an update.
Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage

Cheers

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
It takes 5 minutes to tweaks the settings back to normal.

You clearly have no idea how much there is to tweak. You also have no idea there is a constant war between Microsoft and the tweakers as many things stop working because MS is renaming various systems that are used for spying, it takes TIME to get new utilities done and figured out, all other new unknown spices and candies MS would throw in each update.

Infact, I can go all the way to tell you that anyone who updates as fast as possible is downright stupid, security updates are for known vulnerabilities, what about all the unknown ones, all systems are compromised one way or another, there's many publicly unknown vulnerabilities , the whole security craze is such a farce with what seems to be various gaming-kids running around like headless chicken, the LEAST demographic that should be worried about security, a hacker is going to steal your Call of Duty save game, give me a break.

This is all fueling the coffers of security companies, private security companies there is, perception of threat, but they have practically little defence against a real threat, if someone wants to hack you, they don't send you a stupid bot or virus that is in known databases, they go in manually and with enough persistence, effort and time they'll eventually get it.

You clearly have no idea how much there is to tweak. You also have no idea there is a constant war between Microsoft and the tweakers as many things stop working because MS is renaming various systems that are used for spying, it takes TIME to get new utilities done and figured out, all other new unknown spices and candies MS would throw in each update.

Infact, I can go all the way to tell you that anyone who updates as fast as possible is downright stupid, security updates are for known vulnerabilities, what about all the unknown ones, all systems are compromised one way or another, there's many publicly unknown vulnerabilities , the whole security craze is such a farce with what seems to be various gaming-kids running around like headless chicken, the LEAST demographic that should be worried about security, a hacker is going to steal your Call of Duty save game, give me a break.

This is all fueling the coffers of security companies, private security companies there is, perception of threat, but they have practically little defence against a real threat, if someone wants to hack you, they don't send you a stupid bot or virus that is in known databases, they go in manually and with enough persistence, effort and time they'll eventually get it.

If you really want anonymity, just run tails from an usb key with a VPN lol.

I'm not an activist who has my life to hide so I disable most of the telemetry options and confidentiality options and yes it does take a couple of minutes (else if you want to disable every piece of diagnostic you send to M$, that can take quite some times).

I'm not talking into the perspective of someone who has something to hide. I'm talking from an enterprise point of view; I hope you patch your systems dude. Just wait a week before pushing patches just to be sure that if there's one bad patch that brick something, you'll know in a week for sure.

But it's not to me that you need to say that patch ain't the only thing in the world that protect your PC please. Patching your PC is the least you can do to be secure.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
If you really want anonymity, just run tails from an usb key with a VPN lol.

I'm not an activist who has my life to hide so I disable most of the telemetry options and confidentiality options and yes it does take a couple of minutes (else if you want to disable every piece of diagnostic you send to M$, that can take quite some times).

I'm not talking into the perspective of someone who has something to hide. I'm talking from an enterprise point of view; I hope you patch your systems dude. Just wait a week before pushing patches just to be sure that if there's one bad patch that brick something, you'll know in a week for sure.

But it's not to me that you need to say that patch ain't the only thing in the world that protect your PC please. Patching your PC is the least you can do to be secure.

Who says VPNs are 100% and even if it is who the hell would rely only on one thing. Why are you even trying to "advise" me like you know anything at all about this, that's the most stupid random internet advice ever, to rely on like one single thing.

Your classic assumption about "doing something bad" being the reason for privacy is the dead giveway you have no idea what is going on and the whole issue altogether, do you close your door when you go to toilet, why does MS have to know that.

If you use Windows 10 then why don't you build your house from transparent glass, every single wall and door would be transparent, you have nothing to hide right. If you don't have a problem with that, that's your decision and you can't force it on others.

And the final nail in the coffin is when you actually believe that those GUI options could be trusted, you are all fools, and I don't mean that insulting, I'm just stating the unfortunate reality. The data being sent might get lessened, but that's about it, this data is being piped through supercomputer AI's, even if they don't get full details at hand they can calculate a good estimate what you were probably talking about in that 10:30 PM phone message or something.

What about the fact that they GAIN FINANCIAL BENEFIT AND I DONT GET NOTHING IN RETURN ?

Corporate espionage will never be the same again with Windows 10, you think it's a coincidence they acquired GitHub, put those Windows double quotes on "private repo". I laugh and cry at the same time whenever I see all those big presentations, conferences and corporate offices with their shiny default windows 10 running on all those screens in the background, while in the back it's all siphoning all those "internal documents" like vacuum machine, it's a total joke, totally unfair, totally criminal, but they'll keep doing it as long as everyone keeps giving them the naked butt for free.

Indeed they may not be directly transferring off hard drive, it would be too risky, would get caught, they probably sniff a ton of metadata (favourites, recent, caches) about filenames, you start uploading that to cloud storage, license terms, bye bye, but they may be doing it directly off the hard drive anyway ... if it's in the license terms which nobody is suppose to read ofcourse.

Why the heck isn't there a LAW which would define the things that corporations/businesses CANNOT PUT INTO ANY KIND OF AGREEMENT - Obviously the first thing that should be on such a list would be the most ridicolous thing of agreeing to waive your right to file a class-action lawsuit, HOW the hell is that even possible I've always been asking my self, how the hell is that legal from the fundamental core of laws, if you transferred that into programming language, it would be a kernel panic. Which means, this thing they keep hammering, "Democracy" is really full of crap, it's all buggy and broken, but hey maybe it's correct by design, probably because the term "democracy" doesn't contain the idea of fairness.

I bet you're one of those people who's as glossy-eyed about Cloud Storage, why don't go all the way, why wait 10 years down the line, why don't just go to Microsoft right now and ask them to make an online toilet snapper, you go to the toilet and it snaps and sends a picture instantly to a Microsoft ToilSnap Representative, via multi hot-link satellite laser digital omg connection, not a milisecond too late, it's for science you know, so it's all right.

Last edited: