• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jumper Setting on Diamond Max 10 SATA

mclarko

The problem is that the jumper on this HD has come off and I dont know where to put it back on correctly.

I have a Maxtor Diamond Max 10 6V300f0. The only refernece to the jumper settings is in the MAXTOR PDF manual, which states:
"To ensure proper operation of your drive, do not use the jumper pins to the right of the SATA interface cable." (Page 8)
http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor...ation_guide.pdf

Furthermore, the PDF shows only 3 pins in the diagram , wheres my HD has 4 pins.

Can anybody enlighten me? Its stupid, cos the manual says how great this SATA drive is cos you dont have to worry about jumper settings for slave, master , CS etc, and yet theyve given me a another set of jumpers to figure out - just when i was getting my head around the last lot!

Rgds
Malco

mclarko

Poisonsnak said:
I did a quick google for "6V300f0 jumper" and it seems like the jumpers on your drive are used to force it into SATA I mode (as opposed to SATA II) to fix compatibility issues.

Refer to:

http://forums.storagereview.net/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=22511

"I set my 2 Maxtor 6v300F0 to SATA1 by the jumper at the back..."

Also the link in your post does not work for me.

Sorry I would have replied but my account is broken for replies right now, weird I know.

Thanks for the links. Seems to be much discussion about MAxtor 10 HDs and NVidia 4 chipset compatibility issues, but I think theyve fixed the firmware on my HD made June 2006.

The OS system works fine BTW - its just my inquisitive nature that wonders what these Jumpers are for.

IWS the BIOS chooses SATA @ 1.5Gb/s no matter what jumper setting I have. Even if I uncheck the flag for "Let BIOS select transfer mode" at My Comp-> Properties->Hardware->Device Manager->IDE ATA COntrollers->NVIDIA nForce4, and select a 3Gb mode, the system reboots back into 1.5Gb mode!

Maybe my Moboard just doesnt support 3Gb mode? Its a GB K8NF-9 Rev 1.2.

TBH Im thinking "if it aint broke dont change it" ;-) Just wonder what to do with this spare redundant jumper that came with SATA - marketed as a drive with no jumper settings to worry about!!!!? :D

Malco