• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kickstarted - Calyos NSG S0 Fanless Chassis With Phase Change Cooling

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Phase change?

And compressor is.. where?

Seems tad bit too small to be effective TBH. In case you wonder how these things work or how to build one, I suggest http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/ ..

This seems different to what I saw tho..

First, let me apologize, I have an immature understanding of what this technology is because the article doesn't say much...

There is no zero-fan solution.

It does not exist. The most important part of any closed system is airflow. There are high-pressure and low-pressure systems, but there has to be efficient airflow or the case will build heat. The temperatures of the GPU and CPU are important, they should have thermal sensors, and they should be monitored and cooled effectively, but they are not the end-all when it comes to cooling. At the very least, there will be a fan that exhausts hot air from the case (as would be the most efficient option in a single-fan solution).

That being said, fan-less chassis are not a new concept, Streacom is a great example. Two heatsinks does not make something "phase-changing," new, or unique. There are still very inaudible solutions that are vastly superior to such a product.

Hey guys linus tech tips done a video on a computer based on this same technology and it performs pretty decently, he even overclocked it if I remember correctly and temperatures were better than most watercooling solutions from. What I remember.

As for the pump its a passive phase change system that instead has the heatpipes directed out of the enclosure and onto huge by regular PC standard heatsinks or fin arrays. I'm talking 20 kilos of heatsinks here so 20 times as much mass as your typical heavy duty air cooler with many times the surface area as well.

This is why it works so well because it's basically taking heatpipe design to ridiculous extremes.

An average consumer is never going to want a computer that weighs 20 kilos plus before you even take into account the rest of the system, too damn big and to damn heavy.

How ever quiet freaks who are also PC enthusiast might sacrifice ease of use for thermal and acoustic performance.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Well, they did it and it cools the cores better than the stock air cooler. So, what's your point now? The rest of the PCB and VRM of the motherboard and GPU, on the other hand, I wonder about.
it's a kickstarter... the product might as well be vaporware.

Until its sold through retail or e-tail none of these claims will be verified. Instead all you're doing is putting blind faith in the fact that a company who couldn't find any legitimate investors, actually has a decent product.

good luck with that bro.

System Name Z77 Rev. 1
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage Samsung 850 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 28" UE590 UHD
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
Mouse EVGA TORQ X10
Keyboard Leopold Tenkeyless
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 7695

Until its sold through retail or e-tail none of these claims will be verified. Instead all you're doing is putting blind faith in the fact that a company who couldn't find any legitimate investors, actually has a decent product.

good luck with that bro.
It's not blind faith if you look at the photos, videos, and testimonials of other people who have viewed it, reviewed it, tested it, or own a similar product which the same company custom-made for them. It isn't hard to find if you look. I won't give you the links. The first post already gave you the links for you to follow.

But, whatever, dude. You have almost 5000 posts here but apparently can't use the internet.

This is a product from an established company using a technology which the company has been testing, using, improving upon, and selling for years. They already have investors and already have customers. This is a way for them to get a new consumer product -- a segment of the market which is new to them -- on the market in larger mass at a faster pace.

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
It's not blind faith if you look at the photos, videos, and testimonials of other people who have viewed it, reviewed it, tested it, or own a similar product which the same company custom-made for them. It isn't hard to find if you look. I won't give you the links. The first post already gave you the links for you to follow.

But, whatever, dude. You have almost 5000 posts here but apparently can't use the internet.

This is a product from an established company using a technology which the company has been testing, using, improving upon, and selling for years. They already have investors and already have customers. This is a way for them to get a new consumer product -- a segment of the market which is new to them -- on the market in larger mass at a faster pace.

established companies don't do kickstarters...

this is the coolest cooler for computer cases...

again good luck with that

and what reviews? who has one? all I see are people saying "wouldn't it be cool?"
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/calyos-workstationfanless/
no temps, no comparisons, nothing more than an ad

logoster4 months ago
"This is the only prototype in existence" So, they made a basically silent PC with zero fans whatsoever, and then proceeded to send the only prototype in existence to LINUS? yeah that couldn't possibly end badly

they made 1??? yeah that's an "established company"

I can friggin make 1. few more feet of pipe and a trip to the junkyard to gut existing radiators.

know how many concept cars are made? how many can you buy? oh wait just the 1... great

friggin fanboy of something you can't even buy.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
this looks almost like a good idea. Except no passive air over the MB's and it's VRM's along with the VGA and its' VRM's ......that MB is going to cook.
Also I am sure they look like fan mounts on the half built one, likely running low but them heatsinks are mahoosive.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Just look at that radiator guys. This thing is going to weight at least 20-25 kilos :)))))

good luck with that bro.

So I am an editor at another tech publication, this company reached out and sent me one of their units, I have it here now for review. I also saw their unit at CES multiple times (like Supermicro had a version of their PC in their show suite).

System Name Z77 Rev. 1
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage Samsung 850 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 28" UE590 UHD
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
Mouse EVGA TORQ X10
Keyboard Leopold Tenkeyless
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 7695
they made 1??? yeah that's an "established company"

That was quite a while ago. They have more than one now. The current version doesn't even look like that one any more. Like I said, this is an established company which is established in a completely different market. This is there method of starting in the consumer market. Give them some slack. I am giving them slack because their product is actually very solid compared to all the other kickstarter scams out there.

System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
Well, they did it and it cools the cores better than the stock air cooler. So, what's your point now? The rest of the PCB and VRM of the motherboard and GPU, on the other hand, I wonder about.

Their graphs show that AiO cools better then custom LC, so for me it's already a bunch of marketing BS.

So, what's your point now? The rest of the PCB and VRM of the motherboard and GPU, on the other hand, I wonder about.

You answered your own question. Airflow is important. A computer has a much higher tdp than a phone or stereo or tamigochi, you can't just strap an oversized heatsink to the CPU and call it a day.

A single low RPM fan is magnitudes better than none.

System Name 3950X Workstation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact
Cooling Cryorig C1 with Noctua NF-A12x15
Memory G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1650 LP OC
Storage 2 x Corsair MP510 1920GB M.2 SSD
Case Realan E-i7
Power Supply G-Unique 400W
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/the-saga-of-the-little-gem-continues.12877/
Yeah but this would be a nightmare to clean, how ever looks kinda cool.
Nightmare? Just use a can of compressed air. I would argue it wouldn't take more than 10 seconds to clean the whole thing without even touching it, since it's already open.

You don't need a compressor to make an chemical element change back and forth between liquid and gas states. All you need is an atmosphere (or other source of pressure), heat/energy, and the choice of the correct chemical element for your application.
You have heard of a vapor changer and/or heat pipe before, correct?

The powered (compressor, electrical, or combustion) phase change coolers are for creating cooling below ambient temperature. This phase change cooler acts more like your traditional water cooler to create cooling above ambient temperature. The phase change is used to create efficiency and a natural flow.

When I grew up, my parents had a refrigerator which was powered by nothing more than a burning kerosene flame. The flame caused a phase change with a strong enough upward flow of vapor in the tube, that it had a enough high-side and low-side pressure to cool items in the refrigerator to sub-ambient temperature. Google refrigeration if you don't understand "evaporator", "condenser", "expansion valve", and how any source with enough energy can make a specially designed refrigerator of enough size work.

For what it is worth, I have owned 2 sub-zero cooling phase change coolers of the type you originally referred to. I am aware of them and understand your question.

Aha, so its just changing temps between two locations. Much like green heating systems. Or those heatpipes. I expected that its classical vapor change, which are most interesting to me (sub ambient or sub zero stuff). Few companies even made them, just not for long.

System Name Wolf Command
Processor 6700K
Motherboard EVGA Z170 FTW
Cooling EK Custom GPU block + Corsair H60
Memory 16Gb DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengence
Video Card(s) Sapphire Fury X Custome WC
Storage 1x Samsung M.2 128Gb, 1x Intel 256Gb M.2 1x Seagate 500Gb Hybrid
Display(s) Dell 2417H
Case S340
Audio Device(s) OB
Power Supply EVGA 750W
Software Windows 10
Didn't Zalman beat them by about 12 years with the TNN 500?

I built a PC for some one in about 2005 and it was an insanely hard chassis to build with.

Looked awesome though.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
Didn't Zalman beat them by about 12 years with the TNN 500?

I built a PC for some one in about 2005 and it was an insanely hard chassis to build with.

Looked awesome though.

Yup, this one has flexible heatpipes which may ease that install difficulty.