• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kyronet performance [JAVA]

System Name HP DL380 G5
Processor 2x Intel Xeon X5460 @3.16 Ghz
Motherboard HP DL 380
Cooling 6 60mm intake fans rated for 14k RPM max load
Memory 16GB of DDR2 667Mhz
Video Card(s) AMD XFX R7 360
Storage 3x 140GB 10K SAS JBOD
Display(s) 1x Hisense 42" TV
Case DL 380 G5
Audio Device(s) HDMI Out
Power Supply 2x 800w Proprietary PSUs
Mouse A cheap logitech wireless mouse
Keyboard Acer KU-0355
Software Windows 10!
Benchmark Scores Ill get around to em soon
Hello all!

For the past 6 months my team and I have been developing an MMO which demands very high concurrency.

This MMO is not at all an FPS, rather styled after the Distant worlds franchise.

Although obscure, as legally I am not allowed to release any other details about the internal programming of the game other than it's Java based, I hope TPU can provide some insight.

If I were going for a concurrency of 10,000 players, could kryonet be used as a viable option as a high concurrency library in regards to NIO networking in Java? //I do have the machinery necessary to undertake such a feat, and as well as much of the game being very lightweight and simple, it is indeed feasible.

Could someone provide maybe performance data regarding Kyronet? Much of the game has gone through the "Re-inventing the wheel" phase, and I am not opposed to develop my own libraries in place of Kryonet. The issue lies in time and whether or not what I could develop would rival Kryonet in terms of performance.

If there's a better library, please say! Time is money to our small development team :)

Thanks ~ Sal

EDIT: Team needs credit too. I'm no comdom.