• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop GPU not undervolting

jacobkazmierczak

Hello,

I've been trying to undervolt my laptop. I believe I've had success with all the other settings. When I change the SystemAgent, CPU Core/Cache, and iGPU undervolt settings I am able to get errors or crash the laptop, indicating to me that it's working. I just realized that changing the dedicated GPU undervolt does nothing.

So I have several questions.

1. Just to be clear, CPU Core and Cache are locked together right? It doesn't seem like my SytemAgent and iGPU is locked together though, does that seem correct? I also don't thing that the dGPU is connected to anything because I tried to change the GPU settings while undervolting all the other settings and nothing happened. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

2. Can I use MSI afterburner (or is there a better utility?) while using throttlestop? MSI just for the dGPU and throttlestop for the rest?

3. Is there a more up to date undervolting guide? Would Intel XTU work better for this?

4. Am I doing something wrong with TS? Should it be working?

Thanks

Last edited: