• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laser cut on pci-e x800 pro vivo confirmed

nixus

No success at unlocking the last pipe quad after about 14 flashes lead me to examine the core and there it was - a lot smaller than one would think by seeing pictures of it on the net. So, I set about doing the hardmod and, about an hour later, had what I feel is a really clean job, but still no go at enabling the last 4 pipes.

Now, I can handle not getting the full 16 pipes cause that's the deal with any mod, but at this point I'm mostly curious about several things.

For all x800 xt pe bios files I've tried, and for all drivers, including Omegas, this card is recognized as an x800 se. I know the guide says I must have the wrong bios, but these are x800 xt pe bios file. The card boots at 520/560 and I have tried asus, ati, sapphire, gigabyte, and even cleared the bios with the "empty.bin" file. The device id after flash shows as having been changed but still the card is recognized as an x800 se. Flashing to the 16pp x800 pro turned it back into a pro card again (but only 12 pipes) but the xt pe bios files make it an x800se.

Any ideas? I think perhaps the pipelines on this card cannot be unlocked by any method. Would that explain it booting as an x800se?

The guide states:
"If you flash a PCI-E Pro VIVO and the card is detected as "X800 SE" after flashing, you flashed the wrong BIOS."

Wrong in what sense? Because it is an AGP bios?

nixus

It's labeled as a pci-e bios but I'm wondering if maybe it's actually an agp bios. I'm asking if that is why I get the x800 se recognition. That is, the bios is supposed to be pci-e but maybe it's not, and that is why I am getting the x800 se device recognition after flashing.

The guide on this site states that if you get "x800 se" after flashing then the wrong bios was used. I am still curious by the meaning of "wrong" in this context - wrong because I used an x800 xt when I should have used an x800 xtpe - wrong because it was an agp bios?