• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR Laptop missing AMD Radeon Settings

Greetings,

I just recently purchased a new laptop for my mom. I've installed the software she requires. My problem is, that the GPU driver for this laptop does not include the AMD Radeon Settings, as all other AMD-based GPU PC's. I've tried installing the GPU drivers directly from Lenovo's and AMD's website, but it didn't work. Specifically, I'm referring to when you right click the desktop and among the list of options should be "AMD Radeon Settings" (at the top). It does not show that.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

TIA,

grecinos

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Not being a right-click option does not mean the AMD Radeon control panel is not there. It is quite possible Lenovo chose not to put it there. Can you access the setting page from Windows Control Panel? If so, you might be able to add the right-click option from there.

No, the AMD Radeon Settings aren't in the control panel. I may have had the same problem on another laptop, a while go. I'll see if I can dust off the cob webs and take a look. Any other suggestions?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

You're right. And that was indeed my post. Unfortunately, they weren't able to resolve my problem. I know there's a lot bright of people on this forum, so that's why I posted it here.

I'll take a look at this thread. Thanks for the referral.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
You're right. And that was indeed my post. Unfortunately, they weren't able to resolve my problem. I know there's a lot bright of people on this forum, so that's why I posted it here.

I'll take a look at this thread. Thanks for the referral.

You can always call Lenovo since they are the ones that made the laptop to begin with. Their bios are very proprietary so look at that thread and follow all the directions there.

You can always call Lenovo since they are the ones that made the laptop to begin with. Their bios are very proprietary so look at that thread and follow all the directions there.

Yea. I've tried contacting both Lenovo and AMD. Neither were able to resolve my issue. They kept pointing fingers at each other.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Yea. I've tried contacting both Lenovo and AMD. Neither were able to resolve my issue. They kept pointing fingers at each other.

Lenovo bios programming is a pain, so review the fixes there.

By the way get beyond the tech person you speak with initially on the phone as they use a script and are not that technical to begin with.

By the way get beyond the tech person you speak with initially on the phone as they use a script and are not that technical to begin with.

I'll see if I can give them another go. Except this time, I'll request to speak to one of their senior techies.

Interesting the post you've linked says his laptop has a "Radeon Vega 8 GPU and a dedicated Radeon RX 540X GPU". I'm only showing the Radeon Vega 8 GPU in the BIOS and device manager. But, I'm not getting any error messages. I've also checked for hidden devices in the device manager, to no avail.

Edit: I've just downloaded the new video driver from Lenovo's support page. I've installed it, but the issue persists.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I'll see if I can give them another go. Except this time, I'll request to speak to one of their senior techies.

Interesting the post you've linked says his laptop has a "Radeon Vega 8 GPU and a dedicated Radeon RX 540X GPU". I'm only showing the Radeon Vega 8 GPU in the BIOS and device manager. But, I'm not getting any error messages. I've also checked for hidden devices in the device manager, to no avail.

Edit: I've just downloaded the new video driver from Lenovo's support page. I've installed it, but the issue persists.

Ok you need to update your mobo bios, read that entire thread.

If no avail get a tech support/RMA ticket setup with lenovo

Ok you need to update your mobo bios, read that entire thread.

If no avail get a tech support/RMA ticket setup with lenovo

I believe the BIOS is up to date. Interesting enough, their latest BIOS version is "7WCN30WW". The installed version is 7WCN33WW. Not exactly sure what to make of this.

I've installed CPU-Z. According to it, the PC has one GPU, "Radeon Vega 8". It doesn't have the alternate, discrete, Radeon 540X GPU. This doesn't solve my problem, but now I know, and shouldn't worry about that.

I'll give Lenovo a call. I'll inquire about the BIOS version and GPU issue. Before I do, I'd like to determine if the Radeon Vega 8 is compliant with the (right click) Radeon Settings menu option. Initial Google searches are inconclusive.

It used to be a simple deal to install Radeon Settings manually. But with the latest drivers they nixed the folder with the installer in it. And I haven't figured out how to do it another way yet. It might not even be doable anymore. You can always run earlier drivers where you can though. No cards have been released that need the 2019 edition drivers. Well...VII maybe...I dunno...

Anyway...if you can find a CN sub-folder in C:\AMD somewhere...it's possible the installer's in there. I'd go through the entire thing and click on all the installers. You might get lucky and find the right one. Should be something called Cnext64, or ccc2, or it used to be called ccc-core-static...or something. I'm too tired to get off the couch right now and go take a look see. Maybe later...

Update:

I've posted a question on Best Buy (Where I bought the laptop). Simply asking if anyone can tell me if "Radeon Settings" is an option. Pending an answer.

louievenn

Hi dude, I know I'm pretty late with this forum but I think I was able to resolve this issue.

I recently bought this lenovo laptop yesterday and I'm currently updating all the drivers and I am also having a hard time getting to the Radeon settings to utilize the graphics.

I checked through different websites and found this Youtube video.

The steps I did was:

1. Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support.

2. Scroll down below and look for Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows© and click Download Now.

3. Just follow through the installation process and It should detect missing drivers and should also download and install those missing drivers automatically.

*You should see this as the end result of the whole process

4. Here's my end result (Picture below)

Hope this comment helps you and everyone who has this problem with the Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15arr Radeon settings.

Thanks,
L