• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LG Display Claims Samsung's QD OLED More Susceptible to Screen Burn Than LG's WOLED

More of them? So for every photon emitted by the OLED layer, the QD layer emits another one? I find that hard to believe, the QD layer is not emissive, afaik.

Quantum dots are... weird. They are "emissive" as in when excited by a wavelength they will produce a different one.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Wha wha wha, ooh was i supposed to actually hear them o well.

Dam how bright people need these screens ?, people are going be pretty dam darn blind.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I don't know if it's possible for quantum dots to go from a lower energy wavelengh to a higher one, that might be a reason why they went with blue instead of green or red.
It absolutely isn't possible and yes that's exactly why they use blue.

Photons are only emitted when an electron drops from a higher orbital to a lower orbital around an atomic nucleus. These orbitals are discrete energy states and there aren't half states, For an incoming photon to "knock" an individual electron into a higher energy orbital, it needs to have enough energy to do that in one "hit". That process of successfully knocking an electron into a higher orbital is the absorbing of the photon. An incoming photon without enough energy will just "ricochet" off the electron (quotes are used because it's easy to model and conceptualise electron-photon interactions by thinking of them as particles with momentum, which is a long way from the truth as we currently know it)

So quantum dots work by absorbing photons. Omitting units and real numbers for simplification, If the incoming photon ha 10 energy and the electron needs 8 energy to move up to a higher orbital, the electron moves up 8, the photon passes through and leaves with 2 energy left, and then the electron drops down to a lower orbital and releases a new photon with that 8 energy. The end result is that one high-energy photon passed through and was de-energised, a second photon was "created" and ejected with the energy that was taken from the first one. 10 energy come in (blue light photon) and 8+2 energy come out (red light photon and infra-red photon).

If only an 8 energy photon comes in, the sum of all photons coming out must total 8 too. You cannot make a 10 energy photon from an 8 energy one, and in this simple example, blue is 10, red is 8.

This is a law that should be adopted in other countries. Unfortunately, here(Brazil) the law obliges companies to offer the minimum of Just 1 year warranty. I think it's too little for some expensive products like big TVs.
In Australia manufacturers must of course offer a statutory warranty. Let's say it 1 year for a TV, and your panel fails after 2 years. Our consumers affairs bureau has said that a customer should not expect a product to fail prematurely and the TV manufacturer is still obligated to repair or replace the TV outside of the statutory warranty period. The period of time depends on the price of the item it seems and for a high end TV you are protected for at least 3 years. Alas no such laws cover cars. We still don't have lemon laws

Wha wha wha, ooh was i supposed to actually hear them o well.

Dam how bright people need these screens ?, people are going be pretty dam darn blind.
I rarely cross 150-180 nits on my monitors and I find 100% brightness on claimed 350 nits obnoxius. There seem to be a large proportion of people who want to burn their eyes and their screens.

Well there is a way to make higher frequency output, if you have quantum dots with a 3rd order non-linear response. You can have two-photon absorption via excitons for example. It's not of use in a TV at all, but for bio-sensing it's a big deal.

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
Gotta say the marketing dept. @ LG "won" on this one.
Whether their claims are true or not, they just brought major attention to the issue(s) that LG and every other display technology IP-holder 'doesn't like to talk about'.

LG, if not *genuinely* confident in their latest OLED-iteration, is at least confident in their ability to out-BS their competitors in PR.

I look forward to 3rd party reviews; especially, where the reviewer(s) had to purchase consumer-available units. (as opposed to being 'provided' a supposedly production unit.)

I have both a PC QD-OLED display and an LG TV. Been saving for some time for a PC screen upgrade (much needed) and, once you use OLED, it's hard to look at LCD again lol.

I really like both, I can say that my LG TV after years of usage is as new, 0 burn-in despite being used with static HUD in games etc.
My PC display is new but come with a 3 years warranty from Samsung, I'm not too worried (Samsung support in France told me it includes burn in but can't be 100% sure)

Apple is going to introduce in its 2024 ipad pro lineup a new generation of OLED screen (done in conjunctions with display manufacturers) that is reporterdly brighter and more durable

Our salute will come from micro-led: no burn-in, excellent brightness and infinite contrast.

IMHO, MicroLED will be 'a' holy grail-like milestone in display technologies. Sadly, we all missed out on the last big milestone: Manufacturing technology limits at the time and changing consumer-culture killed the Surface-conduction Electron-emitter Display (SED) before it had any time to shine. IIRC, the vestiges of the IP are owned by AUOptronics, today.

Surface-conduction_electron-emitter_display_2.png

Amusingly, Samsung's QD-OLED seems extremely similar 'in concept' to the SEDs. Except, taking full advantage of advances in tech; using Photon-Photon 'conversion' via 'Quantum Dot' nanotechnology vs. SED's Electron-Photon 'conversion' via phosphor excitation.

Photons are only emitted when an electron drops from a higher orbital to a lower orbital around an atomic nucleus. These orbitals are discrete energy states and there aren't half states, For an incoming photon to "knock" an individual electron into a higher energy orbital, it needs to have enough energy to do that in one "hit". That process of successfully knocking an electron into a higher orbital is the absorbing of the photon. An incoming photon without enough energy will just "ricochet" off the electron (quotes are used because it's easy to model and conceptualise electron-photon interactions by thinking of them as particles with momentum, which is a long way from the truth as we currently know it)

So quantum dots work by absorbing photons. Omitting units and real numbers for simplification, If the incoming photon ha 10 energy and the electron needs 8 energy to move up to a higher orbital, the electron moves up 8, the photon passes through and leaves with 2 energy left, and then the electron drops down to a lower orbital and releases a new photon with that 8 energy. The end result is that one high-energy photon passed through and was de-energised, a second photon was "created" and ejected with the energy that was taken from the first one. 10 energy come in (blue light photon) and 8+2 energy come out (red light photon and infra-red photon).

If only an 8 energy photon comes in, the sum of all photons coming out must total 8 too. You cannot make a 10 energy photon from an 8 energy one, and in this simple example, blue is 10, red is 8.

I do believe that is 'mostly-to-totally correct'. However, I was under (the potentially false) impression that QDs worked more like sub-wavelength re-attuners (for lacking a better word). In other words, QDs were attenuating/converting a higher-frequency analogwaveform to a lower one, passively. Basically, I assumed QDs worked more like RF-engineering, but at many-TeraHertz frequencies, and using nanostructures to 're-attune' the THz electromagnetic emission.
(then again, this may be touching on the 'compatible' but 'seemingly contradictory' modeling of 'light' as both a particle(photon) and an EM-waveform.)
In 'particle terms' I thought QD's worked like a funnel/cone, limiting or 'bleeding off' the 'frequency and intensity' of the photon's vibration(phase?) as the photon passes through the nano-structure 'QuantumDot'.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Only people who don't know better use motion processing
60hz is just fine for people who have never went above
Nonsense. You simply get used to anything you use frequently. That also applies to higher resolutions and refresh rate.

Gamers do not make up 100% of the market though. And if they can make a 48" 4k oled tv for a grand, then a oled monitor 1/4 the size should not be the same price.
Pixel dot pitch is a thing though. Smaller diagonal at the same resolution means you need smaller pixels = OLEDs. Thats exactly why LG is so slow on smaller diagonals.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Well there is a way to make higher frequency output, if you have quantum dots with a 3rd order non-linear response. You can have two-photon absorption via excitons for example. It's not of use in a TV at all, but for bio-sensing it's a big deal.
Absolutely, but I'm trying to keep this from turning into a multi-page physics dialogue and stay on the topic of quantum dots for TV ;)

I do believe that is 'mostly-to-totally correct'. However, I was under (the potentially false) impression that QDs worked more like sub-wavelength re-attuners (for lacking a better word). In other words, QDs were attenuating/converting a higher-frequency analogwaveform to a lower one, passively. Basically, I assumed QDs worked more like RF-engineering, but at many-TeraHertz frequencies, and using nanostructures to 're-attune' the THz electromagnetic emission.
(then again, this may be touching on the 'compatible' but 'seemingly contradictory' modeling of 'light' as both a particle(photon) and an EM-waveform.)
In 'particle terms' I thought QD's worked like a funnel/cone, limiting or 'bleeding off' the 'frequency and intensity' of the photon's vibration(phase?) as the photon passes through the nano-structure 'QuantumDot'.
We're both right. Honestly, it's such a complex subject that you have to dumb it down to a partial, oversimplified model to even talk about it in a reason amount of time and page space. From the age of 14 to 23 I took every possible educational choice fork that involved quantum mechanics, and have enjoyed continuing to follow scientific advancements and increase my education on the subject for the last 20+ years since and I still have gaps in my knowledge.

To keep this on track, yes light colour change of a quantum dot is best explained with a simple photon-as-a-particle model with energy level. As mentioned, it's a very simplified and incomplete model that only really works for that one scenario of explaining how energy cannot be created or destroyed when talking about individual photons.

The reality is that the energy level of photons relates to (but does not equal) the wavelength and frequency of photons. That relationship is far for simple to explain, and yes - best to just handwave it all into the larger, more complex topic of wave-particle duality. You definitely can model QD mechanics using EM-spectrum wave behaviours and it's just another simplified perspective of the same exceptionally complicated thing from a different point of observation.

Last edited:
System Name R9 5950x/Skylake 6400
Processor R9 5950x/i5 6400
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360/Stock
Memory 4x8GB Patriot PVS416G4440 CL14/G.S Ripjaws 32 GB F4-3200C16D-32GV
Video Card(s) 7900XTX/6900XT
Storage RIP Seagate 530 4TB (died after 7 months), WD SN850 2TB, Aorus 2TB, Corsair MP600 1TB / 960 Evo 1TB
Display(s) 3x LG 27gl850 1440p
Case Custom builds
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Silverstone 1000watt modular Gold/1000Watt Antec
Software Win11pro/win10pro / Win10 Home / win7 / wista 64 bit and XPpro
Ones should not trow stones when living a screenglass house.... It isnt nice to see dirt trowing like this it did hit AMD hard when makeing fun of Nvidia and then haveing a cooler isue with the 7900XTX afterwards - lets see some fair and real competition and lower prices instead

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't know if true but I stay far away from anything LG these days.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@z1tu
never said anything about what i can "pick up/see", im talking about preference and that not everything needs to be running at a high refresh.

btt

D

Deleted member 185088

No surprising, LG has been making OLEDs for a while now, early models were much worse when it comes to burn in, pretty sure after a couple of generations QD-OLED will catch up.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Blue is the most efficient color wavelength - thus easiest to control.

View attachment 286133

Without the annoying LG color filter array blocking light - QD panels can theoretically run with greater efficiency and last longer (however processing and a TVs ABL have a big impact also). It's why QD monitors from Dell have free 3 year warranties.

Sony's new QD - a95L also has a carbon heat distribution layer to extend the TVs life.

QD-OLED panels from Samsung are WAY ahead of LG. See one in person and it's clear as day.

Cheers
So far there is not a single property of QD Oled in a better place than WOLED except maybe peak brightness - which also goes at the expense of pure blacks and therefore static contrast. On top of that: bad subpixel arrangement, apparently faster degradation... and Samsung's history of planned obscolescense.

Dont go drinking too much Youtube / Samsung koolaid...

Sadly, we all missed out on the last big milestone: Manufacturing technology limits at the time and changing consumer-culture killed the Surface-conduction Electron-emitter Display (SED)

I never heard of that one before, sounds insteresting. Another one that was dropped way to soon was dual layer LCD: one lcd on top of the other to achieve contrast close to oled, like full array local dimming but number of zones equal or close to the number of pixels. No oled burn in, no fald blooming, no insane cost.

So far there is not a single property of QD Oled in a better place than WOLED except maybe peak brightness

Don't forget about much better color reproduction and saturation, and constant at all brightness levels for that matter.

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
People who say OLED can't be used in bright rooms must be the ones that use their phone screens on max brightness.

I've never once thought my panels weren't bright enough. My TV room is ridiculously bright and I have an 83" G2 that is plenty bright. My bedroom has a solid wall of windows and my 5 year old 65" E7 is good.

WOLED is mature, QD is still in it's infancy. When Samsung gets into it's 4th+ gen they will hit their stride and iron out the kinks (read up on AVSF on the troubles they're having). I'd consider buying one in 2-3years but until then it's all WOLED for me- unless Samsung gets off their ass on microLED at semi reasonable prices.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
Well, LG has no room to talk. My C3 OLED has terrible burn in. So if they want to start throwing stones they should get out of that glass house they live in. And yes, I have all of the optional settings turned on to minimize that risk and I don’t leave my TV on and the screen saver is enabled just in case.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Don't forget about much better color reproduction and saturation, and constant at all brightness levels for that matter.
The deltaE error margin of WOLED is lower - its more accurate; as in, pretty much perfect. Below error number 2 you're in 'who cares' land anyway. HDR is another story; it'll depend largely on how well you remain within the screen's capabilities, and QD OLED can go brighter so it also has better control at very high brightness peaks. But... again, you're in who cares land here. High brightness suffers heavily from diminishing returns. 1000 nits is not perceived as 'twice as bright' as 500 nits, what matters is the actual static contrast you're looking at, because our eyes adjust to the whole picture.

'Better' is not 'more' - more is oversaturation. Something lots of screens are great at. Too bad it looks horrible, or more accurately: badly calibrated.

Higher brightness could be perceived as a quality, but if the black point rises along with it, you're on a self-defeating exercise for the most part. This is where VA stands out among LED technologies; it can reach lower black point than IPS and still similar brightness levels, creating a 3-5x better static contrast. The OLED vs QD OLED comparison has similar properties, although I think we can agree they're much, much closer together now than VA and IPS ever were.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the tech develop further. But at its current iteration, its a no buy to me.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Well, LG has no room to talk. My C3 OLED has terrible burn in. So if they want to start throwing stones they should get out of that glass house they live in. And yes, I have all of the optional settings turned on to minimize that risk and I don’t leave my TV on and the screen saver is enabled just in case.
C3 is pretty new. That sounds like an easy open and shut rma claim... and yeah it's defective to go bad that fast.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Quantum dots are... weird. They are "emissive" as in when excited by a wavelength they will produce a different one.
Not weird at all, it's kind of the same thing that happens with laser: use energy to excite the material, material will emit a different kind of radiation.
The problem with what you are describing, is there is not enough energy in a blue photon to produce two red photons (even at 100% conversion), much less two green ones (see: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.04830.pdf)

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Not weird at all, it's kind of the same thing that happens with laser: use energy to excite the material, material will emit a different kind of radiation.
The problem with what you are describing, is there is not enough energy in a blue photon to produce two red photons (even at 100% conversion), much less two green ones (see: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.04830.pdf)
To be fair he said red and infrared.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
To be fair he said red and infrared.
He said QD-OLED is efficient because it convert one high energy (blue) photon into several lower energy ones. The QD layer just converts to read and green.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
He said QD-OLED is efficient because it convert one high energy (blue) photon into several lower energy ones. The QD layer just converts to read and green.
I wasn't going to touch the rest of the science (or lack thereof). Way over my expertise level.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
I wasn't going to touch the rest of the science (or lack thereof). Way over my expertise level.
It's really mostly arithmetic.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
It's really mostly arithmetic.
Probably, but if you don't know, you don't claim to know, is my rule. I'll have to read up some other night.

Reactions: bug