• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial Linux Community Hit by the Blight of Social Justice Warfare, A Great Purge is Coming

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
A market versus open source software. Unregulated markets lead to events like Black Tuesday--the equivalent of an economic weapon of mass destruction. Open source software...who does it hurt when it goes terribly wrong? It gets forked and people move on.
But why is it wrong for the organization in charge of development of said open-source software to implement rules and regulations that apply (only) to itself and its contributors? I'd say that's just as relevant and logical for them as it is for any other organization responsible for carrying out complex work with many moving parts.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
But why is it wrong for the organization in charge of development of said open-source software to implement rules and regulations that apply (only) to itself and its contributors? I'd say that's just as relevant and logical for them as it is for any other organization responsible for carrying out complex work with many moving parts.
"Regulation" is a function of government. Linux Foundation can establish and enforce its own rules within the confines of the law of the jurisdiction in operates from. I never said Linux Foundation couldn't implement and enforce these rules; I said the rules, and how they were adopted, are flawed. I also pointed out a general unwillingness of Linux Foundation to enforce rules.

I thought that is why there are 27 pages in this thread?
Completely different scales. When economies collapse, you get situations like unfolded in Zimbebwe and now Venezula, and soon Turkey. People can't get the bare essentials and start fleeing the market as a function of survival.

As for Linux Foundation and damages ("hurt"), McHardy already did under the old Code of Conflict. A lot more people have grounds against the Code of Conduct than they did against the Code of Conflict but, that's for plaintiffs to decide in a court of law.

Last edited:
The thing that everyone likes to conveniently forget when they write stuff like the OP is that warfare doesn't happen without at least two parties fighting each other.

Somehow, miraculously, it's not social justice warfare (conducted by social justice warriors) when it's action from the point of view of the side that agrees with that point of view! No. It's authentic correction. It's not even politics!

It's pure magic.

Personally, I think this issue is a distraction from Linux succumbing to the same problem that Windows and macOS have: capture by spies. Let's give them a nice and juicy paranoia social issues wedge steak to divide and conquer. Pay no attention to the spies behind the curtain...

I'm a lot less interested in Torvalds' ability to post profanity than I am in how he, by virtue of his US citizenship, is under the thumb of secret courts. The UK is worse, too.