• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Linux/Unix Desktop Screenshots

System Name Gaming PC from bestby
Processor I7
Motherboard Ibuypower
Cooling Stock
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3080
Storage 1TB shared with windows 11 and FerenOS
Display(s) MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR
Case nice big case with rainbow fans allover it
Audio Device(s) realtech
Software OS is Windows 7 home premium, sometimes I use linux mint mate or sabayon both live
Benchmark Scores CL-RCD-RP-RAS Write Speed 2x DDR3-1333 SDRAM 9-9-9-23 CR1 10484 MB/s
Linux Mint Mate
Screenshot at 2022-11-19 19-17-41.png

Last edited:
System Name Gaming PC from bestby
Processor I7
Motherboard Ibuypower
Cooling Stock
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3080
Storage 1TB shared with windows 11 and FerenOS
Display(s) MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR
Case nice big case with rainbow fans allover it
Audio Device(s) realtech
Software OS is Windows 7 home premium, sometimes I use linux mint mate or sabayon both live
Benchmark Scores CL-RCD-RP-RAS Write Speed 2x DDR3-1333 SDRAM 9-9-9-23 CR1 10484 MB/s
I installed ZorinOS Pro; I like it enough for me to stop distro hopping.

Attachments

• zorin1.jpg
    zorin1.jpg
    903.6 KB · Views: 31
  • zorin2.jpg
    zorin2.jpg
    958 KB · Views: 30

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 7500 Kaby Lake
Motherboard AsRock MicroATX Z170M Extreme4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x 16 Gb Gskill Ripjaws 2400
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 5700
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB m.2 NVMe + Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB SATA3 SSD
Display(s) LG 34GK950F-B 34" 21:9 Ultragear WQHD Nano IPS Curved Gaming Monitor with Radeon FreeSync 2
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic SSR-650GD Flagship Prime Series 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
How do you see anything with terminal text that small?

How do you see anything with terminal text that small?
If you view it in its original resolution (1080p) you should be able to read it easily. I think 7 and 8 are optimal. If it is bigger I find it less comfortable to read. The idea behind PragmataPro is that lines are more compact in height and width. You can view a lot of windows at the same time. And another advantage of this is that it is less stressful for your eyes.

Back when 720p was still a more common resolution, the font size 7 was much more popular, especially with programmers. I don't know why fonts in windows and macOS are so large by default, but I think it's mainly so old people can read the text. Not because these kind of size fonts are necessary for people with a well-functioning sight.

Millennials are having more vision problems and at a younger age than previous generations. Nearly 70% of millennials experience eye strain, and more people are nearsighted than ever before. This is thought to be due to the way millennials live their daily lives. Smartphones are not good for your eyesight and RF-EMF has many side effects that are not known to the general public because the telecom industry does not want people to know about it. But specifically 5G radiation is worse for the eyes than 4G and 3G according to research.

System Name Dell Latitude 7490
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz quad core (3.4 GHz max boost)
Motherboard Dell proprietary
Cooling rather lousy
Memory 8 GB DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Intel UHD 620
Storage internal Kioxia XG6 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) HP P22h G4 21.5" 1080p (& 1080p internal LG Display LCD)
Case Dell proprietary magnesium case
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3246 -> JDS Labs Atom (headphone) amp -> Panasonic RP-HT770
Power Supply Dell-branded LiteOn AC adapter
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Cherry G84-5200
Software TBD Linux (microSD) & DragonFlyBSD 6.4 (SSD)
Millennials are having more vision problems and at a younger age than previous generations. Nearly 70% of millennials experience eye strain, and more people are nearsighted than ever before. This is thought to be due to the way millennials live their daily lives. Smartphones are not good for your eyesight and RF-EMF has many side effects that are not known to the general public because the telecom industry does not want people to know about it. But specifically 5G radiation is worse for the eyes than 4G and 3G according to research.
But doesn't non-mmWave 5G (which is essentially just LTE Advanced+) use the same frequency bands as the older standards? One thing that I wonder is if the newer WiFi standards would be better or worse from a health perspective. I think they may be better due to higher efficiency, which means less RF-EMF is needed to transfer the same amount data. Of course, if people compensate for this with 4K video and other nonsense than it would not really be an improvement.