• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech has gone mad!

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stay on topic.
Do not post illegal/criminal activities as a solution.
This is a tech site... Not a Criminal Education site.

Thank You and have a Good Day.

System Name DELL Inspiron 5400 AIO / HP 17 ca1065cl
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz / Ryzen 5 3500u
Memory 16GB /12GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA MX 330 / Radeon Vega 8
Storage 1TB +SSD
Display(s) 23.8 inch touch screen 17.3 touch screen
Case DELL AIO / HP LAPTOP
Mouse Dell Wireless /LOGITECH
Keyboard Dell Wireless / HP LAPTOP
Software WINDOWS 11
In my honest opinion just about any mouse out there is pretty good. I know there are gaming mice and so forth but its all just a gimic. I had a razer naga once it was pretty cool.

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I've had to replace 3 M570's over the past 10 years due to failing switches, I am currently on my fourth which is an RMA replacement for one I bought back in 2018 which I had to warranty last year, didn't have any issues getting the replacement, but I did decide to start looking for a new mouse.
I have found that getting some silicone oil into the switch can fix them, and not just for the short term; or get some quality replacement switches. There are some switches out there that claim to be good for 80 million clicks.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
i have 3 kids here, each with a G502, each with some variant of Logitech headset & logitech webcam as well as keyboards, mousepads, you name it. my point is, between myself & them, we have many many logitech devices.

logitech makes good peripherals, but id be lying if i didnt admit more than 60% of why i choose them, is their warranty coverage. Without that coverage, im FAR less inclined to buy logitech as this group of peripherals wears out. i spoke in depth with the agent who handled my recent rma request, i was prompted to do the whole 'prove it' process, as outlined by OP, & i told the agent exactly what im posting here. i told them which ever logitech staff were part of this change in policy is making a monumental mistake, ive heard all the stories of people abusing the policies of the past, but logitech is & has been doing great, they are a major player in peripherals & more, & in my opinion, they are going to get the reaction i & others have expressed out of more & more customers. Some customers seem defiantly willing to accept mistreatment by corporations, & thats fine , its their choice to be mistreated, but i see this as just another way for logitech to squeeze a little more profit out of the earnings machine. im fine with companies making profit, sales have been great for logitech, im just not a fan of money making at the expense of customers, changes like outsourcing support , shortening warranty periods, increasing challenges to customers seeking support, etc.

You know I can give you some advice on how to troubleshoot it. You just need to install the "Buggy Mouse" ahk script, along with script viewer or some program that runs such scripts.
It features a "misclick counter" that you can reference as evidence. I have the G600, anyway don't bother - the replacement they sent was also the same. It wasn't worth the grind they put you through. Be sure to shop only their tried and tested products, or pay a decent sum for corsair with their identical products, imo.