• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech has gone mad!

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
its not so much the 95% of stuff they ask, its more that 'prove it' part that really pisses me off.
the RMA process was 90% of why i bought logitech in the past.

View attachment 191554

View attachment 191555

View attachment 191559

View attachment 191557

My Response. a little nastier than i nromally am, but i was particularly angry when i wrote it.

View attachment 191558

she even add's "which mouse pad are you using"
:nutkick::slap:
Cuz my 'scam'' is ....
buy 4 G502's for me & my kids
Buy 4 Logitech mousepads for me & my kids
Buy 3 Logitech headsets for my kids
Buy 4 logitech C920 webcams for me & my kids

then, once the trap is set, 'SNAP!' i spring a false RMA on 'em
idiots

View attachment 191560
Thank you for posting that! I was so pist-off when they sent it to me, I didn't copy it down. Like I said it isn't one or two steps in a video, it's a huge list of troubleshooting. It's unclear if the video needs to be just of the end part or the entire thing.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Thank you for posting that! I was so pist-off when they sent it to me, I didn't copy it down. Like I said it isn't one or two steps in a video, it's a huge list of troubleshooting. It's unclear if the video needs to be just of the end part or the entire thing.
they have an input registering website. what they want , is for you to run a video capture device (phone ,webcam, etc), navigate to the website address they provide in the email, then with the video capture device recording your screen & the mouse with your hand on it, they require you to register a minimum of 100 clicks on their website diagnoses program. during this time, the video capture device cannot move off either your hand/mouse, or the screen, they must always remain in screen & in focus.

Once they are confident youre not a liar, from seeing this video recording, & as long as youve gone thorugh the earlier steps, they will send you an RMA number, & MAYBE a label. i wouldnt be surprised if they make users pay for that too now.

all of these steps are for the POSSIBILITY, of logitech honoring your warranty, & sending you a refurbished mouse, someone has had their greasy hands on. its just not worth it.
Anyone who doesnt admit 80% of what made logitech a great company was their warranty coverage is either a liar, or unaware of their past policy coverage.

like i said to the logitech rep, theres plenty of options for peripherals these days, & if the $60, $80, And $150 mice that logitech makes no longer have a actual warranty, then i am not willing to give them my money, as the risk has just gone up substantially. when i buy components, & peripherals, & anything really, i want to know if something goes wrong, the company will make it right. That is no longer the case with logitech now. maybe everyone doesnt have a video capture device, or maybe everyone isnt okay with recording & broadcasting themselves, or their homes, maybe the user is a minor, & logitech is going to run in to liability suits. Only time will tell, but this is a bad move for users & logitech. requiring users to video record/upload themselves & their environments is a bad move

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
VR HMD Nope
Benchmark Scores Nope
they have an input registering website. what they want , is for you to run a video capture device (phone ,webcam, etc), navigate to the website address they provide in the email, then with the video capture device recording your screen & the mouse with your hand on it, they require you to register a minimum of 100 clicks on their website diagnoses program. during this time, the video capture device cannot move off either your hand/mouse, or the screen, they must always remain in screen & in focus.

Once they are confident youre not a liar, from seeing this video recording, & as long as youve gone thorugh the earlier steps, they will send you an RMA number, & MAYBE a label. i wouldnt be surprised if they make users pay for that too now.

all of these steps are for the POSSIBILITY, of logitech honoring your warranty, & sending you a refurbished mouse, someone has had their greasy hands on. its just not worth it.
Anyone who doesnt admit 80% of what made logitech a great company was their warranty coverage is either a liar, or unaware of their past policy coverage.

like i said to the logitech rep, theres plenty of options for peripherals these days, & if the $60, $80, And $150 mice that logitech makes no longer have a actual warranty, then i am not willing to give them my money, as the risk has just gone up substantially. when i buy components, & peripherals, & anything really, i want to know if something goes wrong, the company will make it right. That is no longer the case with logitech now. maybe everyone doesnt have a video capture device, or maybe everyone isnt okay with recording & broadcasting themselves, or their homes, maybe the user is a minor, & logitech is going to run in to liability suits. Only time will tell, but this is a bad move for users & logitech. requiring users to video record/upload themselves & their environments is a bad move
I agree 1000%, this is the kind of policy change that puts good companies out of business.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
where in here rma is suck, the last rma was my dvd-rw and it took me one month for replacement, after that i skip rma, if it broke just buy another switch and replace them or just buy the new one and smash the old one with hammer

So I just tried to get an RMA for my less than two year old G602 wireless gaming mouse. The left mouse button keeps missing clicks, randomly letting go during drags and what not. Obviously the switch is going bad.

The Logitech rep wanted me to create a video of troubleshooting the mouse to get an RMA! Yeah, make a video for them to honor their warranty! I have never seen anything so asinine in my entire life. It's bad enough I wasted half an hour of my life waiting to talk to a support rep. Then he sends me the instructions. Like 20 steps long and ends at a website that tests double clicks. I told them different batteries and tested on a different PC with same result. Nope they will only do an RMA with a video of the mouse malfunctioning.

I'm done, never buying another Logitech product ever again! I wonder how long they've been doing this. Has anyone else run into this with them?

You need to know the history of this and what Logitech has done.
Logitech used to just SEND out a replacement mouse when you had double clicks, broken wires, whatever.
They would send out replacements and all you needed was proof of purchase.

But then people started soldering in new Japanese Omron switches and flipping the replacements on ebay. As well as claiming false defects.
People took advantage of Logitech here. So don't blame Logitech for this. Blame the customers that made this happen. Direct your anger at the scalpers and abusers, NOT at Logitech.

And you need to just fix the mouse yourself. Logitech's mice are pretty easy to disassemble. Just get an ifixit kit with some decent bits (so you don't strip the heads) and you're good to go.
Grab a nice TS100 soldering iron, some Rosin flux and some 60/40 solder and learn how to solder. Soldering in mice microswitches is VERY easy. Far far easier than doing stuff like shunt mods on video cards.

Some mice have plug in daughterboards. This makes things even easier since now there's no risk to the main mouse PCB. For example, you can buy the G900 / G903 daughterboards easily off ebay. Or you can kindly ask Logitech to sell them to you. Then just take your Japanese Omrons, flux and solder in the new mouse switch and plug the daughterboard right in.

I suggest you learn this because you're going to have a lot of problems whenever you aren't using Panasonic / Honeywell / Japanese Omron switches, or the new optical switches.

Some links to buy switches:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D2F-01F/83266 (75g)
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D2F-01/83260 (150g)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/D2F-01?qs=VO24nqdQNUCb4fG09jp7Pw== (since the digikey 150g switches are out of stock)

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
where in here rma is suck, the last rma was my dvd-rw and it took me one month for replacement, after that i skip rma, if it broke just buy another switch and replace them or just buy the new one and smash the old one with hammer

Well funny that as if Logitech or i have known Thrustmaster ask for kinda the same thing that if you cut your self while trying to honor the warranty maybe they could be sued. Lets face it there is plenty of warnings in manuals and gotta love and hate them as they can crack you up some times.

How ever last time thrustmaster wanted me to cut cables in a video for proof. Still waiting on one to ask me to hit some thing with a hammer and ask them there and then what if ?.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
this issue literally effects everyone of the g502 mice the switches are garbage
and I don't give a fuck what people where doing on ebay (thats logictecs problem to suck up because they created the mess)

and video confirmation /cutting cables fuck that noise not only is it pointless to cut the cable (who can't fix a usb cable ? ) its a insult to treat your customers like that

Logictec made a garbage unit by using inferior switches, then compounded the issue by CONTIUNING to use inferior switch's after the issue became known they could have headed the entire thing off at the pass simply by using better switches

No they should be required to replace every unit no questions asked

I threw mine in the trash and bought a SteelSeries and never looked back

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Damn, that's a lot of distrust directed at their customer. Nordstrom they are not anymore...

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
. So don't blame Logitech for this. Blame the customers that made this happen. Direct your anger at the scalpers and abusers, NOT at Logitech.
if people keep stealing from walmart, , & walmart elects to search every customer before leaving the store, i dont blame the thieves, i blame the company who handled the issue wrong...just like with logitech.

alienating all customers, is a bad move. ive bought nothing but logitech for the past 5 years, that ended with the email that rep sent me. if even 1 in 10 reacts as i did, its bad for logitech

I told you guys how to fix your mice and you're still complaining?
Stop being a victim and start doing something about it.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe x 2
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Logictec made a garbage unit by using inferior switches, then compounded the issue by CONTIUNING to use inferior switch's after the issue became known they could have headed the entire thing off at the pass simply by using better switches

Something I noticed too is switches in the M570 also not as good as predecessors. I've gone through 3 of them in the last 8 years.
Still have a trackman wheel t-bb18 (
) going strong since maybe 2009. I'll be sad when the switches in this one finally give out.
It was smooth as butter out of the box..the M570's take awhile to break in.

Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
Logitechs really losing out due to all those japanese switch swappers on Ebay:roll:
we should be thankful they are even willign to sell peripherals to us worthless customers
just look at the toll its taken over the past 20 years :slap::laugh:

EDIT~ that steep looking hill thingy on the far right...thats where the awful 'just prove you bought it & get a new one' RMA took its greatest toll, it was logitechs equivalent of D-Day:shadedshu::kookoo:

Capture.PNG

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
stop white knighting for logictec
this behavior is in inexcusable and will be treated as such
I shouldn't need to 'fix' a product thats in warranty nor should I need to jump though any hoops other then providing proof of purchases
what logictec is doing is wrong AND possibly illegal depending on where you live

this clause in particular
in addition, the warrantor may not impose any duty, other than notification, upon any consumer, as a condition of securing the repair of any consumer product that malfunctions, is defective, or does not conform to the written warranty.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Coming from retail myself I can say with reasonable certainty that if they are like every other major brick and mortar retailer out there, that stuff is all considered shrink at store level. And that is to say it is typically handled store level. The buck for any inventory loss, including returns, falls all the way to the bottom. If you're working in a store that has a high amount of shrink for the region, it's hitting you right in the payroll. Obviously you still have to provide service on returns, but everybody's outcomes in that building are tied predominantly to profit. Everything beyond the points of "don't piss the customers off" and "maximize profits" just isn't a factor. But see they won't call it a punishment - they'll instead give their staff 'shrink reduction incentives' to get em scrambling to reduce this shrink, half of which they have no control over. Somewhere right now there are a bunch of permanently apathetic people out there being gaslit into caring over collateral inventory loss with their hours hanging over their head. Granted, they will do this regardless of how theft and exploits are... it's just that those things tend to worsen the treatment of the employees. The companies are fairly limited in going after theives. But they can prod their staff till they quit because there's three people waiting outside to thank em for the opportunity. If it'll knock back some of that loss, it's worth it for them to cut people's pay and put more demands on them.

I know people like to have like this "Robin Hood" mentality towards getting one over on corporations. I don't like corporations myself, especially working for them lol. But the thing you gotta keep in mind... if the logic that they will exploit anything they can feasibly get away with exploiting does indeed track, what makes YOU think that somehow you are gonna be the one to get one over on them, the masters of sneaky exploitation that they are? You're not. You can say they don't care about you as a small fish anyway, and you'd be right. But you're also not gonna be around when they take the renumeration from somewhere else. Stealing from a thief still nets you only stolen goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Nilin
Processor Ryzen 9 5800x
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li Galahad AIO 360
Memory G. Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb 3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080
Storage Samsung Evo 960 250gb (System), Samsung Evo 860 500gb (Misc), Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb (Games)
Display(s) LG 27" UHD IPS, LG Ultragear 27" WQHD Nano IPS
Case InWin 303 (7x Fractal Prisma 120mm)
Power Supply Tt Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 3
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21022952 (old system)
With all fairness to logitech, they deliver.
I had to record a video as well when I RMAd the logitech pro keyboard, but everything went smoothly afterwards.

I had blue diode fail on "H" key, I sent them email asking if there is a fix.
They offered me a brand new logitech pro v2 keyboard, and let me keep the old keyboard (i gave it to my friend).
And that is why logitech will have my business until I die.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
this issue literally effects everyone of the g502 mice the switches are garbage
and I don't give a fuck what people where doing on ebay (thats logictecs problem to suck up because they created the mess)

and video confirmation /cutting cables fuck that noise not only is it pointless to cut the cable (who can't fix a usb cable ? ) its a insult to treat your customers like that

Yeah after going though a bunch a Razer mouses, a few steelseries, i asked steelseries if they could send me the part but they told me to send the 3rd one of their mouses in even 2 year after the warranty, around that time i asked on these forums for broken mouses and i would pay the shipping. How ever ever since getting the 3rd mouse of SS the switches never failed lmao.

although i still do collect them

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
With all fairness to logitech, they deliver.
I had to record a video as well when I RMAd the logitech pro keyboard, but everything went smoothly afterwards.

I had blue diode fail on "H" key, I sent them email asking if there is a fix.
They offered me a brand new logitech pro v2 keyboard, and let me keep the old keyboard (i gave it to my friend).
And that is why logitech will have my business until I die.
your experience is the exception rather then the rule sadly
there build quality and support has been sliding down hill since Darrell bracken took over in 2013

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
your experience is the exception rather then the rule sadly
there build quality and support has been sliding down hill since Darrell bracken took over in 2013

Maybe the warranty length could be added tot hat too ?, been noticing that getting shorter and shorter.

Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
VR HMD Nope
Benchmark Scores Nope
You need to know the history of this and what Logitech has done.
Logitech used to just SEND out a replacement mouse when you had double clicks, broken wires, whatever.
They would send out replacements and all you needed was proof of purchase.

But then people started soldering in new Japanese Omron switches and flipping the replacements on ebay. As well as claiming false defects.
People took advantage of Logitech here. So don't blame Logitech for this. Blame the customers that made this happen. Direct your anger at the scalpers and abusers, NOT at Logitech.

And you need to just fix the mouse yourself. Logitech's mice are pretty easy to disassemble. Just get an ifixit kit with some decent bits (so you don't strip the heads) and you're good to go.
Grab a nice TS100 soldering iron, some Rosin flux and some 60/40 solder and learn how to solder. Soldering in mice microswitches is VERY easy. Far far easier than doing stuff like shunt mods on video cards.

Some mice have plug in daughterboards. This makes things even easier since now there's no risk to the main mouse PCB. For example, you can buy the G900 / G903 daughterboards easily off ebay. Or you can kindly ask Logitech to sell them to you. Then just take your Japanese Omrons, flux and solder in the new mouse switch and plug the daughterboard right in.

I suggest you learn this because you're going to have a lot of problems whenever you aren't using Panasonic / Honeywell / Japanese Omron switches, or the new optical switches.

Some links to buy switches:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D2F-01F/83266 (75g)
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D2F-01/83260 (150g)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/D2F-01?qs=VO24nqdQNUCb4fG09jp7Pw== (since the digikey 150g switches are out of stock)
Someone else posted a video of some jerk telling everyone how to rip Logitech off because of their warranty. I get it but if people are taking advantage then clamp down on them, don't abuse all of your customers over a few people taking advantage. I've been purchasing Logitech products for years and I have never had to RMA a single purchase. The first time I need to do an RMA they want to abuse me. I have a simple solution. I will repair the mouse myself or buy a new mouse. I will never buy another Logitech product. I'm a firm believer in letting companies know how I feel with my wallet. There are too many companies making PC accessories these days. There must be one or two who will stand behind their products.

This isn't being a victim! This is about requiring a company to fulfill their end of an implied contract. When you buy a product and it has a warranty that purchase begins an implied contract. That contract means under normal usage this product will perform for x number of days, months or years. If it does not the company who manufactured it will replace or repair it free of additional charge.

This isn't about money for me this is about the principal. Yeah, I know the post comes off as whinny, but my intention was more of a public service announcement. Spreading the word might put pressure on Logitech to change the policy but also so that other people don't end up in the same boat, shocked by this ridiculous policy.

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
IMO, they've been very generous with RMA's in the past, maybe that's something that customers have taken advantage of.
Like people giving away their mouse and then call Logitech to get a new one, or lost the mouse while using it with a laptop away from home.
I wonder how many tons of laptop chargers/headsets/mice etc that gets left behind every year..

Since they probably won't ask you to send the old one back, they just need you to prove that it's broken. Sad but true.
Is it really that much of a trouble to film the mouse while using it?
Maybe they didn't request the video to be submitted via TikTok?

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
I looked into rma'ing a redragon 901-2 mouse turns out it just hated polling rate 250Hz like I use on my two older 901 mice, love these darn mice :)
But it had scrolling distance issues couldn't adjust and single clicks were acting like double clicks on 250 or 125Hz not to mention driver settings wouldn't stick too

Lots of weird stuff just by lowering the polling rate lol

But seeing it's a 35.us mouse I bailed once they said I needed to send it to them it just wasn't worth the time and shipping to mess with a least they didn't ask for a video lol
Steps recorder is pretty easy to use in win-10 and linux has free screen recorders too for that matter but once you insist on a video you're just being a-holes

Luckily I only use logitech keyboards two g710+ and one g910
The g910 really is kind of crap but it was under 100.us so doubt I'd rma it, just chunk it in the dumpster and see about another g710+ which I found my second on ebay for 60.us.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Bahhh!! f*** me! I think the Logitech G Pro bought on 1/2017 developed the double click syndrome.

What's the Logitech website to test it? this one? Guess its out of warranty.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
an avid game can press that left mouse button one hell of a lot of times.. me i would just buy a new one..:)

trog

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
I thought Logitech changed their name to Logi? Personally...I'm thinking that's when the madness started....o_O.

I've always liked Logitech...I currently have a love affair going with their very old and no longer sold T400 Zone mouse. As a lefty...it's the best mouse I've found and I've personally purchased the worlds remaining supply, so don't bother looking for one for yourself ~ :D.

Since these were made in the Windows 8 days...I'd imagine the warranty is kaput, but I've never had one die on me yet. Very reliable..and there simply isn't a better scrolling mouse on the market than the T400...at least not that I've found. No wheel can compete...

:),

Liquid Cool

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
I've had to replace 3 M570's over the past 10 years due to failing switches, I am currently on my fourth which is an RMA replacement for one I bought back in 2018 which I had to warranty last year, didn't have any issues getting the replacement, but I did decide to start looking for a new mouse.