• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for new MMO

System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
Let's not start this again ;) besides, my join date is a month before yours! :D

Anyways, Darkfall is a prety good game. It was considered vapor ware for a long long time but it came out last year and has made lots of improvements. No music in the game, just ambiance. You can hide in bushes and ambush people and if done right, wouldnt have any idea on what happened. If you are on a mount and you dismount, some one can get on it and ride away off into the sunset with it (until the dragon see's them and kills them)

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

Anyways, Darkfall is a prety good game. It was considered vapor ware for a long long time but it came out last year and has made lots of improvements. No music in the game, just ambiance. You can hide in bushes and ambush people and if done right, wouldnt have any idea on what happened. If you are on a mount and you dismount, some one can get on it and ride away off into the sunset with it (until the dragon see's them and kills them)

most people would get turned off by Darkfall it they weren't hardcore PvPers. there's nothing casual about that game lol.

i said in previous posts...very few games coming out that (i feel) will be even worth checking out...

i am not going to list fantasy type sword shield magic types of games becsaue i have played nothing but them really since 1999 and i am sick of them...

The Agency - I won't play any SOE games but it's coming out eventually.
Jumpgate Evolution
Star Wars The Old Republic
Star Gate Worlds
Divergence
Kaos War

that's about all i am looking forward to seeing/playing

epicfail

System Name GavinComp/// Laptop
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16//I7 920m
Motherboard ASUS P5Q PRO P45//
Cooling stock// looks like a bad ass f117
Memory 2x2gb gskill DDR2-1066// 8gb ddr3
Video Card(s) Palit 4870x2 2gb//5870m
Storage 500gb Hitachi Deskstar//2x 500gb harddrive
Display(s) 22 inch Samsung Vsyng t220/ 17.3
Case antec 900
Audio Device(s) x-fi titanium pro
Power Supply 750w PC power and cooling
Software Windows 7 ultimate x64

i had been thinking of getting darkfall, but i hearad they were getting lots of server crashes and shit, its a 1 time purchase right? or is there a monthly charge i dont exactly remember.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
i had been thinking of getting darkfall, but i hearad they were getting lots of server crashes and shit, its a 1 time purchase right? or is there a monthly charge i dont exactly remember.

i was lookin at it and saw a $50 purchase u needed to make, but I'm wondering the same thing, is their monthly payments? And I hope to god theirs no item store

i also refuse to accept that u didnt steal my ava :p

rescawen

I'm currently thinking of WAR or aion after 1.9, really wanna have a friend jump board with skype or vent :D

rescawen

Wow just has a ton of content, its gameplay is nothing special, I may give wow another try

epicfail

Case antec 900
I'm currently thinking of WAR or aion after 1.9, really wanna have a friend jump board with skype or vent :D

unless they changed something really big in aion i dont recommend it, you'll be burnt out after grinding to level 50 and actually being able to decently go against other players, and by now there will be a ton of people with full gold gear and stuff that will be able to destroy you.

i would be willing to give the WAR try with you, as i like starting MMOs with peopel cuz you can continue on together. shoot me a pm if your interested ill join a vent wtih you and download wAR Again

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
i might try wow again when cataclysm comes out, roll a toon on a relatively new server.. Wrath just completely ruined the game for me

Both expansions were a let down. I enjoyed Vanilla, and I kept hoping for it to return to that, but it won't, I held on for a long time wih hope, but I finally let go. Sick of Resilience, sick of not having 40 man dungeons, and even though you had 40, and you grinded raids like MC, BWL, AQ40 for months to get 1 piece of gear, they were always fun to me, and I still feel ZG is the best instance they ever made. None of BC or WotLK raids ever grew on me.

i am not going to list fantasy type sword shield magic types of games becsaue i have played nothing but them really since 1999 and i am sick of them...

The Agency - I won't play any SOE games but it's coming out eventually.
Jumpgate Evolution
Star Wars The Old Republic
Star Gate Worlds
Divergence
Kaos War

that's about all i am looking forward to seeing/playing

SW: TOR I have my eye on, but watching the game videos for it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I'm a stickler for animations linking smoothly. Beyond SW I'm watching Rift and the new Funcom one, also a long ways off, and will be massively fantasty setting, but I can't resist it Copernicus, RA Salvatore storyline and Todd MacFarlane monster, can't really go wrong there, oh and a company president that actually loves play mmo's.

i would be willing to give the WAR try with you, as i like starting MMOs with peopel cuz you can continue on together. shoot me a pm if your interested ill join a vent wtih you and download wAR Again

Have you played AoC? Me and Marine got the next 5 months subbed, gonna g home and try out the xpac, could always use more if your looking for others to play with. (And lemode should join us since he likes low fantasy settings, no crazy huge shoulders and swords with cartoony junk here, blood and boobs).

epicfail

Case antec 900
Have you played AoC? Me and Marine got the next 5 months subbed, gonna g home and try out the xpac, could always use more if your looking for others to play with. (And lemode should join us since he likes low fantasy settings, no crazy huge shoulders and swords with cartoony junk here, blood and boobs).

i could easily try the trial again, but not exactly sure how much ill be playing this summer, because ill be working 60 hours a week, there is quite a good change that ill still play a bit of video games but not enough to be worth a 15 dollar sub. ill check it out though, and well see how my summer goes

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
im downloading the aoc trial as we speak. I paused it last night to let the SWG trial finish and was extremely disappointed with that game. So now to give AoC a try

DevlHunt3r

System Name DevlHunt3r's NIGHTMARE PLATFORM
Processor AMD Athlon ll X2 250 (3.6GHz Overclocked)
Motherboard AMD 780G Chipset
Cooling Keeping the window open at night :)
Memory Transcend (1X2Gig DDR2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD5570 1GB GDDR3
Storage SAMSUNG HD103SI 1TB
Display(s) BENQ T2200HD
Case RAIDMAX SMILODON
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Antec 600Watt True Power
Software Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit
Benchmark Scores Windows 7 Rating: 5.5 AMD Overdrive Utility: 5586
I've played alot of MMO's and Guild Wars is by far the best, closely followed by LOTRO...

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
LOTRO - Most in-depth MMO currently available - whether it's LORE, character development, instance/dungeon interaction, etc.

Fallen Earth - Most niche and diverse MMO that still retains a common link to modern MMORPG templates. This means that it's different enough that it's worth being different, but familiar enough that you're not feeling like a newbie in EVE online. It has a crafting system reminiscent of Star Wars Galaxies, and an apocalyptic setting not dissimilar to Fallout.

I cannot really advocate anything else, but I'll comment on those I might have put forward if not for a few issues.

Age of Conan - Was nice while it lasted, but the good visuals and gore couldn't save it from it's ultimate doom, of being just another WoW/EQII template clone, but with bigger boobs.
They also trashed their original concepts regarding the combat mechanics, which truly would have made it the best MMO we'd ever seen.

Darkfall - Too riddled with hacking and the a-typical teenage punk who gets beat up at school, so he comes on the virtual world to reap his revenge on the cruelness that is existence.

EVE online - You either live there, or you live in the real world. You'll be hard pressed to find someone who plays 'casually' (and always played casually) and manages to be on top of things.

Secret World - Not available yet, however it shares a lot of the MMO FPS approach of Fallen Earth, but without the same neat theme and brutality too it.

Stargate Worlds - This could be really cool, something tells me though, they'll not have enough funding to go live.

Star Wars KOTR - All they talk about is how great it is, that each quest and character has voice over acting. Like it's the best thing since bread and butter, but we know so little about mechanics. It also looks like a cartoon.

EQII - Like it's predecessor, the game is just immense and of such a high quality. Unfortunately it's one of the damn culprits in creating our modern MMO templates. There's just only so much raiding you can do.

FFXI - Very tactical game - at least in comparison to other MMOs - and surprisingly it was very well put together and executed. The only main drawback was how group oriented it was. It took the overbearing group dependency trend of modern MMOs, to a whole new level.

But my best recommendation, is no game at all.
These games are a massive waste of time - do yourself a favor and try fresh air instead, it really is "OP!"

:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Darkfall does have a monthly purchase, good thing (or bad in some peoples cases) is that its one world and no instances. Also it does have crashes but those are during the huge huge battles that take place. You shouldn't/wouldn't crash if it was just you and a few buddies.

I see that someone has said Jumpgate Evolution but that thing has been in limbo and in supposedly "Beta come soon) stage for a while. They had to push back its release since they had to do major reworking of game play.

Aion is a Korean grind game that had some changes made to it for the US market but its still a Korean grind game.

The Old Republic is one of the only games that I would even consider being good since Bioware is taking their time with it.

Final Fantasy 14 is going to have the ability to solo unlike its predecessor which made you group just to level from level 10 and on IF you didnt go with certain specs that involved Beast Master.

There are a lot of games out there BUT do they have the people on them to make them enjoyable. A game can have the most balances system and greatest fighting system but if it doesn't have the people like some of the games mentioned (LOTR) then its not really fun to play by yourself.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
I completely disagree about solo play Kuro.
I got so sick and tired of other people in MMOs. 95% are morons and low self-esteem rejects, looking to fulfill their 'destiny' in a virtual world, where they live, seeking adoration and adulation from strangers - because that's easier than picking up the phone, or going outside and actually doing stuff with other people.

People are great, but people online, are horrendous.

That's one of the major quirks of Fallen Earth as well; there's so much solo play and there's no rush to some lackluster and anti-climatic 'end game.' You can just play at your pace, for yourself. You can be entirely self sufficient, and not have to give two-shits about anyone else. Like I always used to say 'I pay to play this game too, now piss off and leave me alone.'

Just think of it like a Bethesda game(Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc. being offline), but with constant patching, maintenance, and content releases :)

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Jumpgate- Id say its 50/50 we see a retail release, they did a friends and family beta and rumors are it was terrible, this led to a few major departures from the staff and apparent reworking of the entire game.

Stargate worlds- its dead, they lost funding and released that crap stargate fps with what they had done to try and recoup some money. Their in the courts right now with a bunch of bankruptcy claims and whatnot

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard
SW: TOR I have my eye on, but watching the game videos for it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I'm a stickler for animations linking smoothly. Beyond SW I'm watching Rift and the new Funcom one, also a long ways off, and will be massively fantasty setting, but I can't resist it Copernicus, RA Salvatore storyline and Todd MacFarlane monster, can't really go wrong there, oh and a company president that actually loves play mmo's.

(And lemode should join us since he likes low fantasy settings, no crazy huge shoulders and swords with cartoony junk here, blood and boobs).

I had leveld an Assassin to 80...sold my acc. I'll never play AOC again though that game was and is still bad...to me.

I will watch Secret World and Rift…and will more than likely beta test them. I just don’t anticipate spending a lot of time on either.

I’m just in the mood for Sci-Fi since the only other superhero game is going to SOE.

And I just have a gut feeling Bioware will do SW:TOR well. I will level to max at least once so i have the full experience regardless.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I had leveld an Assassin to 80...sold my acc. I'll never play AOC again though that game was and is still bad...to me.

I will watch Secret World and Rift…and will more than likely beta test them. I just don’t anticipate spending a lot of time on either.

I’m just in the mood for Sci-Fi since the only other superhero game is going to SOE.

And I just have a gut feeling Bioware will do SW:TOR well. I will level to max at least once so i have the full experience regardless.

Ah, sad to hear :( I'm keeping my eye on both those, but they are a long ways off, I havent played an mmo in almost a year, just been sitting back and watching. SW:TOR is the first to excite me since I quit playing mmo's, but then I kind of realize, 4 classes per side, the 4 classes are similar, I know people hate the trinity, but I like it and I don't see how it will work here. I just think everyones going to be a tank/healer/dps on their own and feel no need to get someone else for anything specific except to just add more of everything, instead of trying to fill a role and feel like you are needed. I also feel they need to at least have a bit of space travel to make it feel right.

I'm surprised you aren't watch copernicus though, I think out of everything out there, that has the chance to be the best.

System Name Main
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I completely disagree about solo play Kuro.
I got so sick and tired of other people in MMOs. 95% are morons and low self-esteem rejects, looking to fulfill their 'destiny' in a virtual world, where they live, seeking adoration and adulation from strangers - because that's easier than picking up the phone, or going outside and actually doing stuff with other people.

People are great, but people online, are horrendous.

That's one of the major quirks of Fallen Earth as well; there's so much solo play and there's no rush to some lackluster and anti-climatic 'end game.' You can just play at your pace, for yourself. You can be entirely self sufficient, and not have to give two-shits about anyone else. Like I always used to say 'I pay to play this game too, now piss off and leave me alone.'

Just think of it like a Bethesda game(Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc. being offline), but with constant patching, maintenance, and content releases :)

I think there was a misunderstanding, i wasn't doging solo play, I actually like to solo at times, I just didnt like the way FF11 did it since it forced you to group for everything... and if you werent a specific spec or class, you would find it a tough time getting a group.

Borderlands is another game that is single player but can be played over LAN or the internet. Its an apocolyptic FPS game. its pretty fun! :rockout:

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Ah, sad to hear :( I'm keeping my eye on both those, but they are a long ways off, I havent played an mmo in almost a year, just been sitting back and watching. SW:TOR is the first to excite me since I quit playing mmo's, but then I kind of realize, 4 classes per side, the 4 classes are similar, I know people hate the trinity, but I like it and I don't see how it will work here. I just think everyones going to be a tank/healer/dps on their own and feel no need to get someone else for anything specific except to just add more of everything, instead of trying to fill a role and feel like you are needed. I also feel they need to at least have a bit of space travel to make it feel right.

I'm surprised you aren't watch copernicus though, I think out of everything out there, that has the chance to be the best.

I like the idea of 4 classes per side in sw:tor. I can't wait to pwn the noob sith/Jedi running around as a bounty hunter & trooper.

I never said i wasn't wathing it, I'm just not really expecting much. Hopefully it surprises me if/when it ever comes out.

I haven't played an mmo since warhammer...I'm itching for something new to play myself.

epicfail

Case antec 900
I've played alot of MMO's and Guild Wars is by far the best, closely followed by LOTRO...

Guild Wars is an RPG not an MMO, but ya i rebought it but have only had like 4-5 hours of free time to play it lately to much working.

still good but they made Nightfall alot easier to make money then prophecies(i made 3 plat within the first 6 levels then bought shit with it but still)
Faction is way to easy to level
Prophecies was the perfectness

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I like the idea of 4 classes per side in sw:tor. I can't wait to pwn the noob sith/Jedi running around as a bounty hunter & trooper.

I never said i wasn't wathing it, I'm just not really expecting much. Hopefully it surprises me if/when it ever comes out.

I haven't played an mmo since warhammer...I'm itching for something new to play myself.

I really don't feel 4 classes is enough, when the only melee classes in game are force users. I'm a melee kinda person, but I don't want to roll a force user like everyone else, but I really have no choice at all.

But I can see you not looking forward to copernicus if you aren't looking forward to fantasy.

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I really don't feel 4 classes is enough, when the only melee classes in game are force users. I'm a melee kinda person, but I don't want to roll a force user like everyone else, but I really have no choice at all.

But I can see you not looking forward to copernicus if you aren't looking forward to fantasy.

I typically roll 1 melee and 1 range toon.

When the class was first revealed I was like…oh man I want an imperial agent! While I like tactical play and being able to kill from afar in FPS, it’s not the same in MMOs. Even if I am a squishy class I am always pissing melee-ers off up close and personal. Plus K/D doesn’t ever matter to me in MMOs. Anyway after that latest video I can assess that the classes most hardcore PvPers will roll are the Trooper and Bounty Hunter. I say that because BH & Trooper will be the real counter to all the noob melee force users, I know that there will be a few really good Knights and Warriors will be running around but I also know that there will be SOOOOOOO many bad ones). Neither the inquisitor nor consular are appealing to me as they are squishy melee/force users. That video instantly made me fall in love with the BH and Trooper.

I am never over excited about any MMO releases…but like I said…my gut says that the game will be done well initially and expand later. Don’t write it off yet Kurgan…if when you can test it I would! As far as MMOs go my gut has only lied to me about 1 game and that was in 2001. LISTEN TO MAH GUT!

Just have to reiterate…I am watching 38 studios progress on Copernicus. I love the mind of Todd McFarlane but don’t really trust R. A. Salvatore. He was the author of a dumb Star Wars book back in 2000 (yes I read star wars books), it was terrible. Sucks how that sticks with me but it does.

epicfail

Case antec 900
I typically roll 1 melee and 1 range toon.

When the class was first revealed I was like…oh man I want an imperial agent! While I like tactical play and being able to kill from afar in FPS, it’s not the same in MMOs. Even if I am a squishy class I am always pissing melee-ers off up close and personal. Plus K/D doesn’t ever matter to me in MMOs. Anyway after that latest video I can assess that the classes most hardcore PvPers will roll are the Trooper and Bounty Hunter. I say that because BH & Trooper will be the real counter to all the noob melee force users, I know that there will be a few really good Knights and Warriors will be running around but I also know that there will be SOOOOOOO many bad ones). Neither the inquisitor nor consular are appealing to me as they are squishy melee/force users. That video instantly made me fall in love with the BH and Trooper.

I am never over excited about any MMO releases…but like I said…my gut says that the game will be done well initially and expand later. Don’t write it off yet Kurgan…if when you can test it I would! As far as MMOs go my gut has only lied to me about 1 game and that was in 2001. LISTEN TO MAH GUT!

Just have to reiterate…I am watching 38 studios progress on Copernicus. I love the mind of Todd McFarlane but don’t really trust R. A. Salvatore. He was the author of a dumb Star Wars book back in 2000 (yes I read star wars books), it was terrible. Sucks how that sticks with me but it does.

ahh k, ya i play a healer in every game. its my fav class to do, and im usually very good at it so. some games there a bitch to level but o well people always look for some good healers.