• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

It worked for me. Do you have preset you can share that is great for movies/videos and music?

Only a .json files developer can edit sbc5 presets files, because it's presets are programmed with json programming

I tried it, it's useless, json developer can only edit it

U can edit only using app's graphical equalizer

Only a .json files developer can edit sbc5 presets files, because it's presets are programmed with json programming

I tried it, it's useless, json developer can only edit it

U can edit only using app's graphical equalizer
Oh okay, What about what settings you have for movies preset? Like what values for each setting.

Oh okay, What about what settings you have for movies preset? Like what values for each setting.

Don't customize preinstalled presets, there is a reset option for each pre preset

Create your own graphical preset, it has option to add personal presets

SBC 5 - Custom Preset

Enable EQ set the Bass to 2
Treble to 10, don't select any preset below

Surround - 90
Crystalizer - 50
Bass - 5
Smart Volume - Set it to 'LOUD'
Dialogue - 70

This is for clear dialogues & crispiness

Don't customize preinstalled presets, there is a reset option for each pre preset

SBC 5 - Custom Preset

Surround - 90
Crystalizer - 50
Bass - 5
Dialogue - 70

I'll try this out soon and let you know.

SBC 5 - Custom Preset

Surround - 90
Crystalizer - 50
Bass - 5
Dialogue - 70

It won't let me change bass to 5, it keeps it at 10 for some reason. I have all the other values exactly the way you told me.

Also it says it copies one of the presets that are preinstalled when you try to create your own preset. Which one should have it copy from?

Last edited:
I'll try this out soon and let you know.

It won't let me change bass to 5, it keeps it at 10 for some reason. I have all the other values exactly the way you told me.

Also it says it copies one of the presets that are preinstalled when you try to create your own preset. Which one should have it copy from?

It is not copying preinstalled preset, when you create your own preset just change the preset's icon, it looks like copied because of icons, but config which we set is different

Create your own preset write any sensible name to it, then bass option can be set to your liking without any issues, 48000HZ supports best for most of the audio enhancers

It is not copying preinstalled preset, when you create your own preset just change the preset's icon, it looks like copied because of icons, but config which we set is different

Create your own preset write any sensible name to it, then bass option can be set to your liking without any issues, 48000HZ supports best for most of the audio enhancers
Okay I was able to change bass in SBX Pro to 5 because I switched to headphones from speakers and then after I changed it, I switched back.

Does your settings work well with 5.1 as well?

Okay I was able to change bass in SBX Pro to 5 because I switched to headphones from speakers and then after I changed it, I switched back.

Does your settings work well with 5.1 as well?

Yes it does well with 5.1 & 7.1

SBC 5 - Custom Preset

Surround - 90
Crystalizer - 50
Bass - 5
Dialogue - 70

For EQ there's already a preset randomly selected and I can't remove it from the selection. For example: movie preset, Flat preset, etc.

PS: it does copy the selected preset when I try to create a custom preset. For example: movie, music, streaming,etc.

Proof in image
20180729_013330.jpg

Last edited:
For EQ there's already a preset randomly selected and I can't remove it from the selection. For example: movie preset, Flat preset, etc.

PS: it does copy the selected preset when I try to create a custom preset. For example: movie, music, streaming,etc.

Proof in imageView attachment 104578

Ok, so if it copies, then you set the custom preset to your liking, that's preconfigured within the app to copy config from preconfigured presets when we create custom preset, just edit custom preset how ever you like, but don't max every audio config in custom preset

For example when i created custom preset, yes it did copies from preconfigured presets, i just edited & created balanced high volume preset with clear sound & dialogues, see below it is just example for you, don't set config from this below image

SBC5.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so if it copies, then you set the custom preset to your liking, that's preconfigured within the app to copy config from preconfigured presets when we create custom preset, just edit custom preset how ever you like, but don't max every audio config in custom preset

For example when i created custom preset, yes it did copies from preconfigured presets, i just edited & created balanced high volume preset with clear sound & dialogues, see below it is just example for you, don't set config from this below image

View attachment 104589
Do you have a high quality/ high Volume custom preset that I can use for movies?

Last edited:
Do you have a high quality/ high Volume custom preset that I can use for movies?

Currently i'am using Dolby Gaming, so I did not have sbc5 installed in my pc

Give one more try for Dolby gaming, this time fully update win 10, developer mode enabled, don't block updates, keep internet active

Currently i'am using Dolby Gaming, so I did not have sbc5 installed in my pc

Give one more try for Dolby gaming, this time fully update win 10, developer mode enabled, don't block updates, keep internet active
I tried one more time by deleting previous virtual os. And reinstalling and then did exactly as followed and it didn't work, same message.

I tried one more time by deleting previous virtual os. And reinstalling and then did exactly as followed and it didn't work, same message.

Try in VMWare with windows 10 pro, i tried in vmware with this settings in win10 pro & it worked

Did you followed below instructions exactly, this creates RADARHOST folder

This time fully update win 10, developer mode enabled, don't block updates, keep internet active

Install only UWP .Net Framework & Runtime v1.7, don't install unnecessary .Net Frameworks & Runtimes, it will conflict & mess up with dolby gaming

it will definitely works if above instructions are exactly followed

If still not working, you might be missing some instructions or something

Try in VMWare with windows 10 pro, i tried in vmware with this settings in win10 pro & it worked

Did you followed below instructions exactly, this creates RADARHOST folder

This time fully update win 10, developer mode enabled, don't block updates, keep internet active

Install only UWP .Net Framework & Runtime v1.7, don't install unnecessary .Net Frameworks & Runtimes, it will conflict & mess up with dolby gaming

it will definitely works if above instructions are exactly followed

If still not working, you might be missing some instructions or something
I did follow it like below.
I tried to install in VMware pro and when it tried to launch, it did starting pxe network.

I did follow it like below.
I tried to install in VMware pro and when it tried to launch, it did starting pxe network.

If you want, we can connect online through remote desktop app which is desktop sharing

I will install it on your pc through online desktop sharing connection

Install 'Anydesk' app, then tell me, we will connect & i will install on your pc

Keep all drivers ready in one folder

Do a fresh installation again of windows 10 in vmware, update it fully & tell me

Last edited:
If you want, we can connect online through remote desktop app which is desktop sharing

I will install it on your pc through online desktop sharing connection

Install 'Anydesk' app, then tell me, we will connect & i will install on your pc

Keep all drivers ready in one folder

Do a fresh installation again of windows 10 in vmware, update it fully & tell me
It fine. I'll use Dolby Atmos by dldolbyblogspot. Because it's sounds much better than Soundblaster.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASRock B550M PRO4
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Memory Kingston FURY™ Beast DDR4 3200MT/s DDR4 8 GB x 2 CL16-18-18
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256 GB
Display(s) HP Compaq LA2306x
Case N/A
Audio Device(s) GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS E1
Power Supply DeepCool PM750D 750W Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED
Software Windows 11 22H2
I don't understand why you people are so fixated on using the Dolby UWP app. Here's an alternative: Try the Desktop version of Dolby Home Theater V4.

I don't understand why you people are so fixated on using the Dolby UWP app. Here's an alternative: Try the Desktop version of Dolby Home Theater V4.
Dolby home theater v4 doesn't support 5.1 speakers setup and doesn't have a customizable XML preset file to make it optimized for your preference.

Last edited:
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Case N/A
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Software Windows 11 22H2
Okay, that makes sense.

what is Dolby Atoms Sound System ? cant find any image or info page about it.. while there are some more, such

Dolby Atoms Speakers System
Dolby Audio Premium

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Nahimic 3 is not working at all installed through fx configurator, tried every possible solution, still app opens & dissappears

Nahimic 3 is not compatible with all hardware, especially old computers. Tried using Nahimic 3 UWP app on my Gigabyte board after installing APO driver w/ Nahimic 3 integration files, settings & UWP app installed - could not detect the onboard Realtek ALC892 audio device.
Need certain hardware requirements - aka. certain modern ASUS boards (B360, Z370, etc.) recent Dell Alienware laptops (Alienware 15 R4 & Alienware 17 R5 have customized Realtek UAD drivers with Nahimic 3 integration), and recent MSI boards & laptops with 8th gen. Intel CPUs on them.
Also, need to be running minimum either 64bit Windows 10 RS3 (version 1709) or RS4 (version 1803) to install Nahimic 3 UWP app from MS store (AND have an active internet connection available). Nahimic 3 UWP app can not be installed "offline" (aka. w/out an internet connection) and will fail to install.

also recent announcement from Nahmic 3 creator that users who had Nahimic 2+ cannot update to Nahimic 3:
https://nahimic.helprace.com/i526-nahimic-2-users-it-will-not-be-possible-to-update-to-nahimic-3

Cooling DeepCool AK620
Case N/A
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Software Windows 11 22H2
That isn't entirely true. I have had Nahimic 3 working on ALC892 perfectly. It required the generic UAD driver to be installed as his (the owner of the system) processing configuration was LFX GFX which doesn't work with Nahimic 3.

The initial version Alanfox2000 uploaded worked on LFX GFX processing path too.

Want me to upload a video of installing Nahimic 3 UWP app offline?

I have old Gigabyte M78SM-S2H board with ALC888 and all uwp and desktop enhancers work for me without problem and with ms hd audio driver and alanfox apo driver.

Screenshot (2).png

Cooling DeepCool AK620
Case N/A
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Software Windows 11 22H2
A lot of people don't understand the possibilities APO driver and FXConfigurator holds.