• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
no thanks, Romulus2K4. I found the problem - I did not mention what version of Windows I was using when I had the problem back then.
I did not use the latest version of Windows 10 (I had the Win10 v1709 release which Nahimic 3 didn't recognize my onboard ALC892 chip. I got Nahimic 3 working on my Gigabyte board after upgrading from v1709 to v1803 version of Win10, then re-installing APO driver and Nahimic 3 & things started to work). Guess I really needed to use the Windows 10 April 2018 Update / Redstone 4 version for Nahimic 3.

pics to prove this point-

using win10 v1709, nahimic 3 does not detect audio device on gigabyte board:
nahimic3uwpapp-on-ga-78lmtusb3r2-win10v1709.png

then using win10 v1803 version - nahimic 3 works on gigabyte board
nahimic3uwpapp-on-ga-78lmtusb3r2-win10v1803.png

seems like the newest Nahimic 3 APO integration & service files included in APO driver work best with the 1803 (RS4) version, not with the 1709 (RS3) version; only NahimicService.exe file loaded in Win10 v1709 but in v1803 the NahimicService.exe, NahimicSvc32.exe & NahimicSvc64.exe files loaded at startup.
I'll wait until alanfox2000 releases APO driver 2.1.8 or higher, then I will update. I'm skipping 2.1.7.

meanwhile, check out the comments made in this Nahimic forum thread (WA-HA-HA!)

Last edited:
@erpguy53
It should be the NH3ProductSettings.exe or A-Volute SoftwareComponent problem

Remove the newer version of ProductSettings, get the old version of NH3ProductSettings.exe here
https://github.com/alanfox2000/real... - MSI - Legacy models/NH3ProductSettings.exe

Try older of A-Volute SoftwareComponent
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=a-volute
Replace the original file in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64
The new version of A-Volute SoftwareComponent marked as support 1709
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers
I expected the current newest version A-Volute SoftwareComponent v1.1.6 will be released on Windows Update and mark as Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers soon.

Last edited:
Have you set 5.1 Speakers on Realtek Control Panel and format to 48000hz?

Test if any audio out on every speakers using Realtek Product Config.
After that test Dolby v3 Product Config.
I've try everything you just said. All speaker word fine with Realtek and its Speaker fill function. But when I use dolby gaming v3 its can't upmix stereo source even when the surround turn on. With dolby, stereo source only on 2 Front. 5.1 source full 5 speaker. I dont know if its has problems with digital connection in dolby or not because my speaker only have 6 RCA input so I use 3 2RCA to 3.5mm. I cant test with SPDIF connection. Also when I use dolby app v2 with old APO driver its works fine. but in new APO driver its has that problems even with v2 preset

hisham2630

I've try everything you just said. All speaker word fine with Realtek and its Speaker fill function. But when I use dolby gaming v3 its can't upmix stereo source even when the surround turn on. With dolby, stereo source only on 2 Front. 5.1 source full 5 speaker. I dont know if its has problems with digital connection in dolby or not because my speaker only have 6 RCA input so I use 3 2RCA to 3.5mm. I cant test with SPDIF connection. Also when I use dolby app v2 with old APO driver its works fine. but in new APO driver its has that problems even with v2 preset
Hi, is dolby gaming for games only or can be used while playing music?

Hi, is dolby gaming for games only or can be used while playing music?
It can be use for movies, music and games. Don't be fooled by the name of the app. It's amazing for all of the above media format. I will upload a v3 high-quality preset soon.

Last edited:
@erpguy53
It should be the NH3ProductSettings.exe or A-Volute SoftwareComponent problem

Remove the newer version of ProductSettings, get the old version of NH3ProductSettings.exe here
https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver/raw/master/UAD/ThirdParty/A-Volute/OEM INF Extension - MSI - Legacy models/NH3ProductSettings.exe

Try older of A-Volute SoftwareComponent
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=a-volute
Replace the original file in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64
The new version of A-Volute SoftwareComponent marked as support 1709
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers
I expected the current newest version A-Volute SoftwareComponent v1.1.6 will be released on Windows Update and mark as Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers soon.

Are you really online, then connect through teamviewer now, I shared id it's in your inbox

Supermanss

Hi I want to install Dolby atmos. Is it possible if im running windows 10 1511? I'm not updating them because it slows down my laptop.

I have a lenovo ideapad y700 and after installing the driver for dolby atmos the internal subwoofer stopped working... Tried v2 and v3... What can I do?

hisham2630

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I have a lenovo ideapad y700 and after installing the driver for dolby atmos the internal subwoofer stopped working... Tried v2 and v3... What can I do?

You should ask alanfox, I too have same issue of both DOLBY UWP Apps v2 & v3 are not working despite of trying every possible fix's

I'am sure he will resolve all dolby uwp related issues in next FX Configurator update

You should ask alanfox, I too have same issue of both DOLBY UWP Apps v2 & v3 are not working despite of trying every possible fix's

I'am sure he will resolve all dolby uwp related issues in next FX Configurator update
Check inbox

Last edited:
It can be use for movies, music and games. Don't be fooled by the name of the app. It's amazing for all of the above media format. I will upload a v3 high-quality preset soon.

Alanfox installed DOLBY GAMING for me just few minutes ago

Did you written instructions how to install dolby gaming, if u r then share it

Last edited:
Aalnfox installed DOL,BY GAMING for me just few minutes ago

Did you written instructions how to install dolby gaming, if u r then share it
I already have Dolby Atmos for gaming installed. @alanfox2000 installed it for me. I'll share v3 high-quality preset today.

If you have instructions for dolby gaming by alanfox, then share it

What instructions? You said he install it for you.

Yes he installed, but in future if dolby gaming shows error, alanfox cant install it for us everytime because of errors, so you don't have instructions

Last edited:
Great work, I'll try it, I noticed my High Quality Preset v3 is different than yours, but it's good
Yeah. I was using the default preset that Alan posted, but the volume and effect was so low and I could barely hear. So then I edited and use some of your settings for high quality crisp, and now my volume and effect are loud and crisp. It's sounds so amazing now, like movie theater, with every audio format using Dolby Atmos.

Let me know how it is when you try it out.

Last edited:
Yeah. I was using the default preset that Alan posted, but the volume and effect was so low and I could barely hear. So then I edited and use some of your settings for high quality crisp, and now my volume and effect are loud and crisp. It's sounds so amazing now, like movie theater, with every audio format using Dolby Atmos.

Dolby Gaming just amazes me with it's magical audio enhancing capabilities

Does your Dolby Gaming has additional preset selector enabled, a speaker icon on top right corner which is enabled in alanfox's dolby gaming

I want to fully utilize it's features, if you know how to enable it, then share, you can ask alanfox about it, have a look at attached image below

Dolby Atmos for Gaming.png

Dolby Gaming just amazes me with it's magical audio enhancing capabilities

Does your Dolby Gaming has additional preset selector enabled, a speaker icon on top right corner which is enabled in alanfox's dolby gaming

I want to fully utilize it's features, if you know how to enable it, then share, you can ask alanfox about it, have a look at attached image below

View attachment 105458
I have that in my Dolby Atmos for gaming app. But I don't how to enable it