• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Test on virtual machine and on my pc. Equalizer works. Not Dolby API Services or Dolby Apps problem.
PIC 1.png
Hey Alanfox2000! I have a problem. When I installed APO DTSAPO3Service and UWPRPCService of APO driver, I stop service DTS UWP then service UWPRPC run or I stop service UWPRPC then Service DTS UWP run. You can fix this error?
There are no relationship between DTSAPO3Service and UWPRPCService.
Both services should be running if you are using two apps..

Last edited:

picarito

Test on virtual machine and on my pc. Equalizer works. Not Dolby API Services or Dolby Apps problem.
View attachment 103607

There are no relationship between DTSAPO3Service and UWPRPCService.
Both services should be running if you are using two apps..
One question,do we have to install Apo and Dolby apps with driver signature disabled in Windows? And also when only installing apo driver with the uwp driver u showed up there I only get these files installed.so it looks like apo driver isn't putting all the files in place

Update 1:installed Dolby audio premium and works doesn't show driver error but still equalizer doesn't do anything

Update 2: XD guess what I just found out,just out of curiosity,switched format from 32bit 192hkz to 24 bit 48khz and equalizer works lol but not past that so those with cusrom dacs or 1220 realtek codec do not go above that format if u want this to work as well as viper4windows effects.lol was working all this time but sad doesn't work with audiophile formats.kind of sad since home theater v4 which is from 2009 works everything out of the box but Atmos from 2018 don't lol

Update 3: looks like since apo driver 2.1.0 I can't load multiple audio configs.i thought latest was gonna fix it but no luck.going back to 2.0.8 it works just fine @alanfox2000

i have the same problem
Change audioapo dolby.png format,might be that

Last edited:
One question,do we have to install Apo and Dolby apps with driver signature disabled in Windows? And also when only installing apo driver with the uwp driver u showed up there I only get these files installed.so it looks like apo driver isn't putting all the files in place

Update 1:installed Dolby audio premium and works doesn't show driver error but still equalizer doesn't do anything

Update 2: XD guess what I just found out,just out of curiosity,switched format from 32bit 192hkz to 24 bit 48khz and equalizer works lol but not past that so those with cusrom dacs or 1220 realtek codec do not go above that format if u want this to work as well as viper4windows effects.lol was working all this time but sad doesn't work with audiophile formats.kind of sad since home theater v4 which is from 2009 works everything out of the box but Atmos from 2018 don't lol

Update 3: looks like since apo driver 2.1.0 I can't load multiple audio configs.i thought latest was gonna fix it but no luck.going back to 2.0.8 it works just fine @alanfox2000

Change audioView attachment 103612 format,might be that
Is the audio format change for Dolby Atmos uwp app xml file?

Last edited:
set format to 24bit 48khz. Uncheck disable effects enhacerment on fx configrator. you should have the correct xml files on dolbyaposvc folder.

set format to 24bit 48khz. Uncheck disable effects enhacerment on fx configrator. you should have the correct xml files on dolbyaposvc folder.
Isn't 32bit 192khz better for sound quality. How do change the audio format? Do you do in the XML or the speaker sound settings?

1. Remove all Dolby uwp apps
2. Remove APO Driver
3 .Use http://www.mediafire.com/file/32cdl5j4yyxwllt/CleaningTool.rar/file
4. Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AudioEngine\AudioProcessingObjects, it is ok that error will show and will not delete completely
5. Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dolby\AtmosOEM & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dolby\DAX
6. Delete all files inside C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc & C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3
7. Reinstall audio driver, reboot
8. Install APO driver and dolby uwp app & preset
9. run cmd as admin, type
regsvr32 DolbyAPOv251.dll
regsvr32 DolbyAPOv251gm.dll
regsvr32 DolbyAPOvlldp.dll
regsvr32 DolbyAPOvlldpgm.dll
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\DolbyDspVlldp.dll
10. Restart audio services & Dolby DAX API Service

This didn't work for me, expect all cmd commands worked for me.
I think Dolby UWP DSP(Dolbyatmos) reg file doesn't work but regular Dolby UWP(mainstream) reg file does.

Last edited:

picarito

Yeah nevermind that,the new issue now is that newest apo driver from 2.0.10 onwards multiple effects don't work.i have my own made effects and don't work anymore.they do on 2.0.8.

Isn't 32bit 192khz better for sound quality. How do change the audio format? Do you do in the XML or the speaker sound settings?

I think Dolby UWP DSP(Dolbyatmos) reg file doesn't work but regular Dolby UWP(mainstream) reg file does.

No.u do that in Windows audio settings tab.click on the one u have on,ex speaker or headphone and go to their properties and last tab is audio format

Last edited:
No.u do that in Windows audio settings tab.click on the one u have on,ex speaker or headphone and go to their properties and last tab is audio format
Oh well, I already have mine set like that.

Yeah nevermind that,the new issue now is that newest apo driver from 2.0.10 onwards multiple effects don't work.i have my own made effects and don't work anymore.they do on 2.0.8.

Because of people on this thread report audio & distortion using multiple audio enhancers, config of multiple audio enhancers has been removed.

If you want Dolby Atmos old one
You should choose 2.x.xxx.x of Dolby API and Dolby Atmos UWP App
registry file for 2.x.xxx.x of Dolby API is Dolby UWP.reg

To change frequency edit C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Default.xml
Change fs="48000" (48kHz) to fs="192000" (192kHz)

Last edited:
Because of people on this thread report audio & distortion using multiple audio enhancers, config of multiple audio enhancers has been removed.

To change frequency edit C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Default.xml
Change fs="48000" (48kHz) to fs="192000" (192kHz)
Can not do it! Because you have to have sampling frequency up to 192khz. In Dolby Atmos, only a maximum of 48khz support and Intelligent EQ only support up to 20 bands. Look at the picture can see 48 khz only stopped at 19688Hz. You need to find more new frequencies, and it must be up to 99khz. Then you can hear Hi-Res on Dolby Atmos, it seems Dolby Atmos only supports lossless

Untitled.png

picarito

Well they should of just used one audio enhancer because it's obvious multiple will cause delays and distortion but don't take that feature for others that want it :/ please add it back and just put a dialog in it saying that multiple enchantments can cause distortion.

Last edited:

I just got "DolbyAtmos" one to work after so many days. Which is the one I wanted. "Mainstream" was the previous version I was using.

@OMER how's the custom perfect preset for Dolby Atmos uwp regular app?

PS: I'm back from vacation.

It didn't work for me.

I'am Sharing Dolby Atmos Default.xml file, don't edit it, & set sample rate to - 24bit 48000 HZ in sound proporties, this is the best sample rate which delivers correct clear sound compare to 192000 HZ, because all dolby uwp apps are preconfigured by dolby to work best with 24bit 48000 HZ

don't use any Realtek audio driver

just install fx configurator on microsoft's high definition audio

use corresponding ini & reg file

Results may vary depending on pc's audio chip & speakers quality

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASRock B550M PRO4
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Memory Kingston FURY™ Beast DDR4 3200MT/s DDR4 8 GB x 2 CL16-18-18
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256 GB
Display(s) HP Compaq LA2306x
Case N/A
Audio Device(s) GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS E1
Power Supply DeepCool PM750D 750W Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED
Software Windows 11 22H2
Uninstalling the latest APO Driver causes my sound driver to stop working, to the point I have to reinstall my Realtek driver.

Uninstalling the latest APO Driver causes my sound driver to stop working, to the point I have to reinstall my Realtek driver.

I suggest not to use fx configurator on any real audio driver, default microsoft's high definition audio is best

picarito

I suggest not to use fx configurator on any real audio driver, default microsoft's high definition audio is best
not really.some pcs need an audio driver as microsoft driver is not good for most custom pcs.for example microsoft driver gives issues to my laptop so i require to install a custom one made by my pc vendor

not really.some pcs need an audio driver as microsoft driver is not good for most custom pcs.for example microsoft driver gives issues to my laptop so i require to install a custom one made by my pc vendor

I never had any problem with microsoft's high definition audio, may be that's the case with laptop, I installed many various audio enhancers on top of microsoft's high definition audio in my pc, worked very well, maybe microsoft's high definition audio works different on diferent pc's

Last edited:
I'am Sharing Dolby Atmos Default.xml file, don't edit it, & set sample rate to - 24bit 48000 HZ in sound proporties, this is the best sample rate which delivers correct clear sound compare to 192000 HZ, because all dolby uwp apps are preconfigured by dolby to work best with 24bit 48000 HZ

don't use any Realtek audio driver

just install fx configurator on microsoft's high definition audio

use corresponding ini & reg file

Results may vary depending on pc's audio chip & speakers quality
So would 24bits 192000hz work for the xml file? Also the XML file isn't shared yet.

Last edited:
So would 24bits 192000hz work for the xml file? Also the XML file isn't shared yet.

Here is the xml file, test it, & tell how it worked

As I said before Results may vary depending on pc's audio chip & speakers quality

Use only 24bit 48000 HZ for better clarity & crispy sound

Attachments

• Default.rar
    1.8 KB · Views: 224
Here is the xml file, test it, & tell how it worked

As I said before Results may vary depending on pc's audio chip & speakers quality

Use only 24bit 48000 HZ for better clarity & crispy sound
I like it so far but I trying 24bits and 192000hz and it still sounds clear and crispy like 24bit 48000hz to me. If you can, could you able to make one where it's optimized for 24bits 192000hz?

Last edited:

picarito

I never had any problem with microsoft's high definition audio, may be that's the case with laptop, I installed many various audio enhancers on top of microsoft's high definition audio in my pc, worked very well, maybe microsoft's high definition audio works different on diferent pc's
maybe you have an office pc XD becacuse custom ones need one.

I like it so far but I trying 24bits and 192000hz and it still sounds clear and crispy like 24bit 48000hz to me. If you can, could you able to make one where it's optimized for 24bits 192000hz?

24bits 192000hz I tried it, but it is not crispy as 48000, it needs full audio chip support, Realtek chips delivers good sounds with 48000 not with 192000hz, if I make one for 24bits 192000hz it's useless, because Dolby UWP Apps natively supports 24bits 48000hz

24bits 192000hz I tried it, but it is not crispy as 48000, it needs full audio chip support, Realtek chips delivers good sounds with 48000 not with 192000hz
So you can't make one for 24bit 192000hz.

I can make it, but it's just a higher number, nothing more, siginicant increase in audio quality, that's it

So all you have do is changed the frequency Or more? since you said it's just a higher number.

Last edited: