• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A

In my opinion...​

Equalizer APO +​

HeSuVi

... is probably the best option in this regard. There's no hassle with modded drivers- since Equalizer APO (after all - it's in the name) - handles the APO (Audio Procession Object / Audio Enhancements). While HeSuVi - imitates the 7.1 to binaural sound effect of many surround virtualizations by making use of Equalizer APO's convolution filter. Available are impulse response that were recorded with activated:

– Dolby Atmos Headphone
– CMSS-3D
– SBX Pro Studio Surround (also found in BlasterX Acoustic Engine & THX TruStudio Pro)
– Dolby Headphone
– Sennheiser GSX Binaural 7.1
– DTS Headphone:X
– Windows Sonic Headphone
– Dolby Home Theater v4 Headphone Surround Virtualizer
– Razer Surround
– Out Of Your Head
– Flux HEar V3
– OpenAL and DirectSound3D HRTFs
– Waves Nx
– and many more!

And that's just for start, since it also comes with other options/features:

• powerful graphic equalizer
  • equalizer presets for over 1000 popular headphones
  • use multiple devices on one sound card
  • extensive control over different volume levels
  • apply and save the processing onto your audio files
  • fully configurable crossfeed
  • quickly save & load profiles, even through hotkeys
  • supports command line parameters for all options
  • rearrange the virtual speakers' positions
  • intelligent stereo upmix
Last but not least...
  • portable installation with easy one-click updater
Some prefer the "Peace Equalizer" Interface for Equalizer APO - but i find that GUI quite messy/cluttered and poorly optimized (as if in Alpha stage). HeSuVi on the other hand (same goes for using Equlizer APO alone) - is quite tidy, lite and easy to navigate. Except for the Equalizer Presets... since there's over 1000 Headphones & IEM - wish you could stretch it to full-screen. It's usable and if you only care about your headphones or couple of others - you might be curious about (their EQ signature) - i guess they're easy to find. But i actually wanted to try them all - maybe find a EQ wich adds a magical touch. ^^
these apo drivers can do all of this and more ..... this is based off of dolby digital home theater v4/advanced audio drivers those drivers were made in 2012-2014 to bring 5.1/7.1 to some windows laptops if a laptop had ddhtv4 dolby digital plus home theater or advanced audio it meant the laptop had support for full surround the only prob is the manufacture of the pc had to enable dolby digital output and most never did enable the feature before makeing thare laptops so it was quickly swept under the rug these drivers bring that back along with full dolby digital/dolby digital plus/true hd/atmos/dtsma/dtsx/lpcm over optical or hdmi connections these also have dolby atmos for headphones dts apps for headphones and a bunch more so your solution has the same effects just not with a true 5.1 / 7.1 speaker system this is meant for true 5.1 / 7.1 speaker systems thank you tho i appreacte it but that isnt what any of us are looking for

these apo drivers can do all of this and more ..... this is based off of dolby digital home theater v4/advanced audio drivers those drivers were made in 2012-2014 to bring 5.1/7.1 to some windows laptops if a laptop had ddhtv4 dolby digital plus home theater or advanced audio it meant the laptop had support for full surround the only prob is the manufacture of the pc had to enable dolby digital output and most never did enable the feature before makeing thare laptops so it was quickly swept under the rug these drivers bring that back along with full dolby digital/dolby digital plus/true hd/atmos/dtsma/dtsx/lpcm over optical or hdmi connections these also have dolby atmos for headphones dts apps for headphones and a bunch more so your solution has the same effects just not with a true 5.1 / 7.1 speaker system this is meant for true 5.1 / 7.1 speaker systems thank you tho i appreacte it but that isnt what any of us are looking for
when these drivers were first being made they had full support for sterio-5.1 /5.1-7.1 upmixing aswell as a full eq for all of the apps aswell this was later added by us but these now have full support for useing 1 driver for multiple devices all on the same soundcard and these codecs true hd/atmos/dtsma/dtsx/lpcm were also added later by us when u use dolby home theater v4 or dolby digital plus home theater i use ddpht due to it being the updated version of v4 it has less settings but better quality

wondering if you know of any free streaming services or websites for 5.1 /atmos music

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
fx sound can be used instead of loopbeaudio if u cant afford that to send 5.1 audio to games if the game is haveing issues with these drivers the only game i had issues with before useing fxsound was overwatch 2 but after installing fxsound on the microsoft store for free it outputted full 5.1 surround sound to my system aswell as made my dolby digital plus eq move so it was still useing the drivers i turned fxsound off so it diddnt apply any enhancements as iv set my eq the way i like it for my system 10/10 would reccomend loveing this for gameing

runouri

Hello
This is my fisrst post here :). I try to find the solution, searching inside the post, but don't find anything. Ok, this is my problem
I have nvidia 3080 TI connected with HDMI to Denon AVR-660H, Denon connected to LG C2. When I put a film in the pc, In the denom appears the logo of dolby or DTS a sounds perfect. But when I execute a game, only can execute in stereo multichannel, to simulate Dolby or DTS.
After read the forum, I install the APO drivers with the "Dolby Digital Plus Home theater", configure my nvidia output with 5.1, and after select Dolby inside the properties. After this, the games was executed wint dolby (appears the dolby in the screen of the denon) an souns very good.
The problem appears when reboot the computer. Some times lost the configuration & need configure again. I don't know why succes this. Does anyone know why it happens?

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Hello
This is my fisrst post here :). I try to find the solution, searching inside the post, but don't find anything. Ok, this is my problem
I have nvidia 3080 TI connected with HDMI to Denon AVR-660H, Denon connected to LG C2. When I put a film in the pc, In the denom appears the logo of dolby or DTS a sounds perfect. But when I execute a game, only can execute in stereo multichannel, to simulate Dolby or DTS.
After read the forum, I install the APO drivers with the "Dolby Digital Plus Home theater", configure my nvidia output with 5.1, and after select Dolby inside the properties. After this, the games was executed wint dolby (appears the dolby in the screen of the denon) an souns very good.
The problem appears when reboot the computer. Some times lost the configuration & need configure again. I don't know why succes this. Does anyone know why it happens?
do not select 5.1 when useing dolby digital output this is bitrateing so windows sees it as a sterio connection it still is true 5.1 but windows wont see that download fxsound set that up as 5.1 and turn off the app itself then use fxsound when u want to play games and use the regular speaker thats set to dolby digital when u want to watch movies listen to music or use the sterio upmixer

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
i have to make a new comment luckily my wrong ones have been removed im sorry to the op of this post aswell as others who may have read my comments i was wrong the picture u may or may have not seen was truely a faulse positive even had someone look at the binary just to make sure this software is safe and dose work as it says i apologize to everyone on this thred thank you for helping me learn even if i did it the hard way XD i cant wait to see how ppl use these drivers in thare systems and how maybe we can start updateing theme on our own with help from others in the group :)

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
at this moment im useing a usb to toslink connection i got a tv that can do dolby digital out over optical my question is well my pc see the 5.1 connection if i connect my soundbar into the tv with optical set it to lpcm due to these apo drivers useing pcm and ieee float or dolby digital due to these translateing dolbys tech then connect the laptop thru hdmi and hook these apo drivers to the hdmi device??? i want to use my soundbar with outher devices without plugging in and unplgging cords constantly if anyone could help that would be awesome thank you :) (my tv can do optical out of every hdmi port i have tested and it dose work it dose have support for dolby digital and lpcm aswell it also has srs tech its a vizio tv one of thare later 2015 models i have my laptop specs in my profile and i am useing these exact apo drivers at this time )

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
anyone with a av reciver i only have a soundbar but im wondering what these drivers are sending to my soundbar it sounds danm near better than hdmi audio which is just wild due to useing optical are these also only sending pcm and ieee float to ppls systems unless u enable dolby digital passthru in your media player and are these lossless or lossy

also after useing these drivers for awhile now heres my thoughts im going to install this on every pc i ever own from now on these drivers are the coolest thang for audio iv ever found im able to get full 5.1 out of any audio codec thanks to these drivers and media player classic BE everythang sounds amazing even object baced surround games with the help of a virtual soundcard called fxsound 10/10 would reccomend however dont use the nvidia driver if u can help it that just seems way to invasive on a system for just surround sound i diddnt use the nvidia driver and its working just fine also did not use the reltalk patch even when i had a earc audio extractor before it broke i just hooked fx to the hdmi audio device and it worked no need for drivers guys all u need is the apo driver thats all i would highly reccomend useing the eq these come with only if u have a weaker system i have full range speakers all around me and my soundbar supports atmos so its hifi so i dont use it that much unless its late at night and i still want to hear all of the details of my shows without being loud aswell would highly reccomend useing these with optical it works just as good as hdmi audio with these apo drivers and is just less drama to deal with u can get any cheap usb to toslink 5.1 adapter and hook these drivers to it this is the one i use https://www.amazon.com/Cubilux-TOSLINK-Converter-Compatible-Computer/dp/B0B2DBGKL3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=toslink+to+usb&qid=1697180620&sr=8-3&th=1 it was not working correctly before i found these drivers but once i applied the apo drivers to this device connected to my soundbar my audio has never sounded better and i dont have to worry anymore about dts or dolby or what format is this disk i can use theme all no matter what 10/10 wish thare was a more updated version tho useing applications from 2014 isnt the greatest ever

and i do get system wide 5.1 surround sound

I thought better to give him a better & newer version of dolby audio service which is widely implemented by oem's in laptops, pcee4 is old & used by small number of people

As you know UWP Dolby audio system is more improved version of dolby audio systems, that's the reason more OEM'S are implementing in their laptops more than any other audio technologies like dts

I'am just helping him out by giving him more improved version of dolby audio systems

Everyone wants latest things in market, only few people uses pcee4, i'am not criticizing your method, but latest is always is better & more improved

It's upto HexedHavoc to choose between old one or the latest improved one
updated my apo drivers fully tryed useing pcee4 with dolby digital plus home theater v4 id really like to use the profile creator/editor it had alot more settings than iv ever seen before however when trying to use this methiod a error code poped up saying i needed pceee4 version 7.2.8000.13 but i was useing version 7.2.7000.4 how do i use the profile creator besides just useing the profiles dolby provides id like to use the audio optmizer if possible and turn off a few thangs these drivers use

i want as much control over my speakers as possible due to useing a soundbar not a av reciver

went back to dolby digital home theater v4 after checking the google doc in the link for the latest apps that u include in this download i got again the same issue but most of the features do actually work and well only 2 do not work that id like to get working option 3 and 4 the audio optimizer and regulator those 2 sadly are not working at all and just show all of my audio device in red but i do like it alot better than dolby digital plus home theater with all of these settings iv made it sound better than its updated brother which is just wild iv heard others say this but i never relized i needed the dolby tuneing and profile creator lel both options id say work just as good but useing the methiod iv mentioned here if u have a weak soundbar its a decent option if u have a full dolby digital plus home theater av reciver then that would be the best choice good luck to anyone reading this its been difficult trying to figure this out and for the most part alone but i am excited to see what elts i can slowly start to get restored from dolbys old tech so its easier for me to use soundsystems with any pc in the future thank you to everyone that has helped ill no longer post here unless i find a fix for option 3 and 4 like iv talked about if u get confused and need help look at my past posts those well help anyone trying to get dolby digital live 5.1 out of any usb sound device with spdif or any hdmi connection :)

Last edited:
anyone with a av reciver i only have a soundbar but im wondering what these drivers are sending to my soundbar it sounds danm near better than hdmi audio which is just wild due to useing optical are these also only sending pcm and ieee float to ppls systems unless u enable dolby digital passthru in your media player and are these lossless or lossy

also after useing these drivers for awhile now heres my thoughts im going to install this on every pc i ever own from now on these drivers are the coolest thang for audio iv ever found im able to get full 5.1 out of any audio codec thanks to these drivers and media player classic BE everythang sounds amazing even object baced surround games with the help of a virtual soundcard called fxsound 10/10 would reccomend however dont use the nvidia driver if u can help it that just seems way to invasive on a system for just surround sound i diddnt use the nvidia driver and its working just fine also did not use the reltalk patch even when i had a earc audio extractor before it broke i just hooked fx to the hdmi audio device and it worked no need for drivers guys all u need is the apo driver thats all i would highly reccomend useing the eq these come with only if u have a weaker system i have full range speakers all around me and my soundbar supports atmos so its hifi so i dont use it that much unless its late at night and i still want to hear all of the details of my shows without being loud aswell would highly reccomend useing these with optical it works just as good as hdmi audio with these apo drivers and is just less drama to deal with u can get any cheap usb to toslink 5.1 adapter and hook these drivers to it this is the one i use https://www.amazon.com/Cubilux-TOSLINK-Converter-Compatible-Computer/dp/B0B2DBGKL3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=toslink+to+usb&qid=1697180620&sr=8-3&th=1 it was not working correctly before i found these drivers but once i applied the apo drivers to this device connected to my soundbar my audio has never sounded better and i dont have to worry anymore about dts or dolby or what format is this disk i can use theme all no matter what 10/10 wish thare was a more updated version tho useing applications from 2014 isnt the greatest ever

updated my apo drivers fully tryed useing pcee4 with dolby digital plus home theater v4 id really like to use the profile creator/editor it had alot more settings than iv ever seen before however when trying to use this methiod a error code poped up saying i needed pceee4 version 7.2.8000.13 but i was useing version 7.2.7000.4 how do i use the profile creator besides just useing the profiles dolby provides id like to use the audio optmizer if possible and turn off a few thangs these drivers use

i want as much control over my speakers as possible due to useing a soundbar not a av reciver

went back to dolby digital home theater v4 after checking the google doc in the link for the latest apps that u include in this download i got again the same issue but most of the features do actually work and well only 2 do not work that id like to get working option 3 and 4 the audio optimizer and regulator those 2 sadly are not working at all and just show all of my audio device in red but i do like it alot better than dolby digital plus home theater with all of these settings iv made it sound better than its updated brother which is just wild iv heard others say this but i never relized i needed the dolby tuneing and profile creator lel both options id say work just as good but useing the methiod iv mentioned here if u have a weak soundbar its a decent option if u have a full dolby digital plus home theater av reciver then that would be the best choice good luck to anyone reading this its been difficult trying to figure this out and for the most part alone but i am excited to see what elts i can slowly start to get restored from dolbys old tech so its easier for me to use soundsystems with any pc in the future thank you to everyone that has helped ill no longer post here unless i find a fix for option 3 and 4 like iv talked about if u get confused and need help look at my past posts those well help anyone trying to get dolby digital live 5.1 out of any usb sound device with spdif or any hdmi connection :)
What did you choose in APO Driver for soundbar audio? I have a soundbar and want to utilize 7.1 proper

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
What did you choose in APO Driver for soundbar audio? I have a soundbar and want to utilize 7.1 proper
dolby digital home theater plus spdif and hdmi endpoint is gonna be perfect for you its the updated brother of home theater v4 meant fully for 7.1 systems and uses dolbys new dolby surround upmixer or dsu made in 2014 it well upmix sterio to 7.1 aswell as upmixing 5.1 content to 7.1 aswell it uses dolby digital live :) hope this helps

dolby digital home theater plus spdif and hdmi endpoint is gonna be perfect for you its the updated brother of home theater v4 meant fully for 7.1 systems and uses dolbys new dolby surround upmixer or dsu made in 2014 it well upmix sterio to 7.1 aswell as upmixing 5.1 content to 7.1 aswell it uses dolby digital live :) hope this helps
keep in mind any object baced surround live content {vedio games} need some type of virtual soundcard to work i use fxsound due to it being free if they game dose not have object baced surround u dont need fxsound like overwatch 2 wont work without fxsound but resident evil 4 well work without fxsound

keep in mind any object baced surround live content {vedio games} need some type of virtual soundcard to work i use fxsound due to it being free if they game dose not have object baced surround u dont need fxsound like overwatch 2 wont work without fxsound but resident evil 4 well work without fxsound
aswell id reccomend downloading media player classic BE edition it can fold dts or dolbys tech to ieee float 32 bit or pcm 32bit works amazing on my system any music any format dosent matter from dolby surround and dts to dtsx and atmos i have all playing in a 5.1 system with this media player and apo drivers over a optical connection iv been loveing it until the day i get a av reciver im useing this methiod i cannot tell a difference between optical and hdmi useing this methiod which iv found to be just mind blowing

aswell id reccomend downloading media player classic BE edition it can fold dts or dolbys tech to ieee float 32 bit or pcm 32bit works amazing on my system any music any format dosent matter from dolby surround and dts to dtsx and atmos i have all playing in a 5.1 system with this media player and apo drivers over a optical connection iv been loveing it until the day i get a av reciver im useing this methiod i cannot tell a difference between optical and hdmi useing this methiod which iv found to be just mind blowing
Do you select "Dolby Digital" and leave it like this?

Also In MPC-BE do you install any additional audio renders or codecs or just use the built in stuff as well as set 5.1/7.1 in the player?

Attachments

• sshot-075.jpg
    sshot-075.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 32
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A

went back to dolby digital home theater v4 after checking the google doc in the link for the latest apps that u include in this download i got again the same issue but most of the features do actually work and well only 2 do not work that id like to get working option 3 and 4 the audio optimizer and regulator those 2 sadly are not working at all and just show all of my audio device in red but i do like it alot better than dolby digital plus home theater with all of these settings iv made it sound better than its updated brother which is just wild iv heard others say this but i never relized i needed the dolby tuneing and profile creator lel both options id say work just as good but useing the methiod iv mentioned here if u have a weak soundbar its a decent option if u have a full dolby digital plus home theater av reciver then that would be the best choice good luck to anyone reading this its been difficult trying to figure this out and for the most part alone but i agamesm excited to see what elts i can slowly start to get restored from dolbys old tech so its easier for me to use soundsystems with any pc in the future thank you to everyone that has helped ill no longer post here unless i find a fix for option 3 and 4 like iv talked about if u get confused and need help look at my past posts those well help anyone trying to get dolby digital live 5.1 out of any usb sound device with spdif or any hdmi connection :)
aswell a update on this i moved back to dolby digital plus home theater for the FINAL time even with fully modifying home theater v4 plus still sounds like it uses way less compression and is 100 percent onpar with hdmi audio its sad really v4 had ALOT more settings if you knew which windows app to download however even with alot of modifications done it still sounded a little compressed and i couldnt hear alot of detail in the sound so i switched back and all of those probs are gone rip v4 dolby digital plus home theater shall be the best choice for anyone with a 5.1 or 7.1 system just looking for a very simple way to connect a windows pc to theme

Also In MPC-BE do you install any additional audio renders or codecs or just use the built in stuff as well as set 5.1/7.1 in the player?
yes just like that and mpc comes with theme preinstalled u can download thare audio render when downloading the application but its not needed for surround sound

and no u dont have to set 7.1 in the app itll just play the sorce so like a direct mode but u can mix to 7.1 so u can lower the sound of your rear speakers or your center thru each db

aswell a update on this i moved back to dolby digital plus home theater for the FINAL time even with fully modifying home theater v4 plus still sounds like it uses way less compression and is 100 percent onpar with hdmi audio its sad really v4 had ALOT more settings if you knew which windows app to download however even with alot of modifications done it still sounded a little compressed and i couldnt hear alot of detail in the sound so i switched back and all of those probs are gone rip v4 dolby digital plus home theater shall be the best choice for anyone with a 5.1 or 7.1 system just looking for a very simple way to connect a windows pc to theme

yes just like that and mpc comes with theme preinstalled u can download thare audio render when downloading the application but its not needed for surround sound

and no u dont have to set 7.1 in the app itll just play the sorce so like a direct mode but u can mix to 7.1 so u can lower the sound of your rear speakers or your center thru each db
but 1 last thang in audio make sure your useing directsound iv had much better luck with it

instead of 5.0 do 7.1 i use 5.0 due to liveing in a three story apartment and being on the middle floor lel it sends my lfe to the center channel
image_2024-03-18_114406119.png

Last edited:

but 1 last thang in audio make sure your useing directsound iv had much better luck with it

instead of 5.0 do 7.1 i use 5.0 due to liveing in a three story apartment and being on the middle floor lel it sends my lfe to the center channel
I have my soundbar connected via HDMI. I have the Samsung Q990c.

So It's best to keep unmixed in sound processing at stereo(greyed out) and it will just play any audio, is it bitstreamed?

Wouldn't it be better to use MPC-Audio renderer compared to Direct sound?

Also do you use any of the passthrough options for (S/PDIF, HDMI) in the audio internal filters?

Also in the app for Dolby Digital Plus Home theater(S/PDIF/HDMI) I turned off the Volume Leveler, Dialogue Enhancer and Surround Virtualizer since my Soundbar handles the Sound processing right and is already loud enough without them right?

Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
I have my soundbar connected via HDMI. I have the Samsung Q990c.

So It's best to keep unmixed in sound processing at stereo(greyed out) and it will just play any audio, is it bitstreamed?

Wouldn't it be better to use MPC-Audio renderer compared to Direct sound?

Also do you use any of the passthrough options for (S/PDIF, HDMI) in the audio internal filters?

Also in the app for Dolby Digital Plus Home theater(S/PDIF/HDMI) I turned off the Volume Leveler, Dialogue Enhancer and Surround Virtualizer since my Soundbar handles the Sound processing right and is already loud enough without them right?
your overthinking this mpc dose not upmix but it dose downmix and fold formats to your correct speakers all u need is dolby digital out in your soundbar settings in windows in mpc direct sound nothing elts passthru isnt needed unless u want to passthru the original dolby digital with dsr enabled which u can do thru mpc-be any settings in dolby digital plus home theater are all up to you i cannot say what is good or bad for your spasific speakers / ears / age as you age you cant hear some sounds as loud as when you were younger

your overthinking this mpc dose not upmix but it dose downmix and fold formats to your correct speakers all u need is dolby digital out in your soundbar settings in windows in mpc direct sound nothing elts passthru isnt needed unless u want to passthru the original dolby digital with dsr enabled which u can do thru mpc-be any settings in dolby digital plus home theater are all up to you i cannot say what is good or bad for your spasific speakers / ears / age as you age you cant hear some sounds as loud as when you were younger
The Dolby Digital Plus is still on. I just turned off the audio sound processing because it just made louder at even lower volume. My soundbar was already loud enough at a 8-10.

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
i have givein u the tools to run 7.1 surround now you must perfect the experince for yourself try messing with the eq reset it if u dont like it and try again its all about what YOU like not what others thinks are correct hell if u want all the speakers to just play the same sound and like that great if u want full descrete 7.1 even better sound quality honestly just depends on the person if YOU YOURSELF enjoy it aswell due to you useing hdmi you dont really need these drivers these are much easier to use but https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058314/intel-nuc.html this is meant for intel nucs but well work on ANY INTEL PC LAPTOP DOSE NOT MATTER i used this on my laptop when i was useing hdmi audio

The Dolby Digital Plus is still on. I just turned off the audio sound processing because it just made louder at even lower volume. My soundbar was already loud enough at a 8-10.
yes it enhances every db of the source audio before sending it back do you understand what you are installing ???? https://professional.dolby.com/tv/dolby-home-theater-v4/#gref dolby digital plus home theater is just simply a updated to v4 its a entire suite of audio enhancements

i have givein u the tools to run 7.1 surround now you must perfect the experince for yourself try messing with the eq reset it if u dont like it and try again its all about what YOU like not what others thinks are correct hell if u want all the speakers to just play the same sound and like that great if u want full descrete 7.1 even better sound quality honestly just depends on the person if YOU YOURSELF enjoy it aswell due to you useing hdmi you dont really need these drivers these are much easier to use but https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058314/intel-nuc.html this is meant for intel nucs but well work on ANY INTEL PC LAPTOP DOSE NOT MATTER i used this on my laptop when i was useing hdmi audio

yes it enhances every db of the source audio before sending it back do you understand what you are installing ???? https://professional.dolby.com/tv/dolby-home-theater-v4/#gref dolby digital plus home theater is just simply a updated to v4 its a entire suite of audio enhancements
to help a bit more but this is the last thang i can say to truely help u leave dolby digital plus home theater off if your audio already sounds good u just needed the dolby digital live out feature (it dosent say dolby digital live but it is try any game meant for 7.1 it well work AGAIN NOT OBJECT BACED SURROUND U NEED FXSOUND FOR THAT but any game with basic lpcm pcm or dolby audio) well work ddpht is meant to enhance your audio and upmix it this is what upmixs your audio for some reason for me it upmixes even when off but i enjoy it so i dont mind

to help a bit more but this is the last thang i can say to truely help u leave dolby digital plus home theater off if your audio already sounds good u just needed the dolby digital live out feature (it dosent say dolby digital live but it is try any game meant for 7.1 it well work AGAIN NOT OBJECT BACED SURROUND U NEED FXSOUND FOR THAT but any game with basic lpcm pcm or dolby audio) well work ddpht is meant to enhance your audio and upmix it this is what upmixs your audio for some reason for me it upmixes even when off but i enjoy it so i dont mind
oh one last thang sorry lel the volume levler makes audio louder so u dont have to turn up the volume when dynamic range of the audio changes

oh one last thang sorry lel the volume levler makes audio louder so u dont have to turn up the volume when dynamic range of the audio changes
hope iv helped some :)

I know what I am installing, I not clueless. I have install this mod in past on analog speakers before.
Appreciate the information.

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
I know what I am installing, I not clueless. I have install this mod in past on analog speakers before.
ah ok yeah thats why the analog speakers diddnt sound as loud as your soundbar lel also u have a 7.1 soundbar which one do u have? i havent found many true 7.1 soundbars

https://professional.dolby.com/siteassets/pdfs/dolby-pc-entertainment-experience-v4-white-paper.pdf found the actual documents on this application

ah ok yeah thats why the analog speakers diddnt sound as loud as your soundbar lel also u have a 7.1 soundbar which one do u have? i havent found many true 7.1 soundbars

https://professional.dolby.com/siteassets/pdfs/dolby-pc-entertainment-experience-v4-white-paper.pdf found the actual documents on this application
I have the Samsung HW-Q990C 11.1.4 Dolby Atmos sound bar system connected via HDMI Nvidia GPU. It can do true 7.1.4 as close as possible on a Soundbar, which in my testing and experience it has achieved amazing home theater experience. It comes with multiple sound modes that can change the audio sounds in some cases

Attachments

• samsung-q990c-why-only-7-1-4-output-with-atmos-signal-v0-6q657r1ylkic1.jpeg
    samsung-q990c-why-only-7-1-4-output-with-atmos-signal-v0-6q657r1ylkic1.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 28
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
I have the Samsung HW-Q990C 11.1.4 Dolby Atmos sound bar system connected via HDMI Nvidia GPU. It can do true 7.1.4 as close as possible on a Soundbar, which in my testing and experience it has achieved amazing home theater experience. It comes with multiple sound modes that can change the audio sounds in some cases
why not just use dolby accsess or dtsx then??? u have the hardware for it

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
So keep it on Dolby Home for Theater all time? I thought we weren't supposed to leave it like that the whole time.
yes you can enable dolby atmos home theater all the time it is a licensed apo driver meant for 7.1.4 systems same with atmos for headphones and dtsx thares no windows settings u have to turn off or change unless your trying to play games for example the og port of the game bully the pc port supports 5.1 but not 7.1 so when atmos is enabled in windows bully sees the full 7.1 system and dosent play audio correctly this is the ONLY CASE iv ever found whare i needed 5.1 enabled when i was useing a ear audio extractor i have a atmos 5.1 system from ultimea the posiden d60 so i do still have atmos but downmixed to 5.1 speakers stopped useing it after my earc extractor broke and i cant afford a new one yet so i found a old usb to spdif adapter tryed useing that it diddnt work up until i found these drivers smooth sailing ever sense i dont even need a earc extractor anymore for any form of surround sound everythang i can carry from my media player and these apo drivers with upmixing and live encodeing lel

So keep it on Dolby Home for Theater all time? I thought we weren't supposed to leave it like that the whole time.
however u have the system to use dolby atmos fully all the time even with 5.1 or sterio sound

some atmos systems even come with dsu dolbys new upmixer which was first made for these pc drivers than later added in atmos systems and upgraded for hight channels

yes you can enable dolby atmos home theater all the time it is a licensed apo driver meant for 7.1.4 systems same with atmos for headphones and dtsx thares no windows settings u have to turn off or change unless your trying to play games for example the og port of the game bully the pc port supports 5.1 but not 7.1 so when atmos is enabled in windows bully sees the full 7.1 system and dosent play audio correctly this is the ONLY CASE iv ever found whare i needed 5.1 enabled when i was useing a ear audio extractor i have a atmos 5.1 system from ultimea the posiden d60 so i do still have atmos but downmixed to 5.1 speakers stopped useing it after my earc extractor broke and i cant afford a new one yet so i found a old usb to spdif adapter tryed useing that it diddnt work up until i found these drivers smooth sailing ever sense i dont even need a earc extractor anymore for any form of surround sound everythang i can carry from my media player and these apo drivers with upmixing and live encodeing lel

however u have the system to use dolby atmos fully all the time even with 5.1 or sterio sound
Okay so it's best to keep it on Dolby Atmos for home theater and then it will adjust to whatever is being played whether it's stereo, 5.1,7.1, Atmos?

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
image_2024-03-20_012041626.png

some atmos systems even come with dsu dolbys new upmixer which was first made for these pc drivers than later added in atmos systems and upgraded for hight channels

Okay so it's best to keep it on Dolby Atmos for home theater and then it will adjust to whatever is being played whether it's stereo, 5.1,7.1, Atmos?
correct

if u want a eq with a atmos system id again take a look at fxsound if u havent dolby accsess dose not have a eq for home theaters idk if it well work on a atmos system but it works on my 5.1 just fine so u may have to test and find out

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
anyone figure out how to turn off dolby prologic 2x or make it use the center channel with dolby digital plus home theater? its nice on the rear speakers but it dosent use my center channel sense i updated to dd+ from home theater v4