• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Male player playing as a female character: Thoughts?

zootac

a huge cross-section of gamers are not what you'd call handsome, and are very lonely. They are also socialy retarded, and attracted to cartoon women and pixelated t'n'a.

+1

The_Ish

Processor Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II
Storage Corsair F120 SSD +9,5TB storage
Display(s) Dell U2410
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64
Benchmark Scores I only care about practical performance.
Well, a good reason is this: I am male. I know what it is to be male. If I am playing a RPG, I typically want to role play as something I am not. Thus, playing a female is just a logical step.

I tend to find that when I play a male character I stay more true to my real self, and I do not explore the role playing to its limits. Essentially, my male characters are typically similar to me: When I play a male character, I typically view my choices as "What would I do?". My female characters, though, run the whole gamut between angelic princesses and cold blooded assassins who care for nothing more than their paycheck. In general, the gender disparity allows me a larger degree of disjointedness between my personality and the personality of my character.

You should get a sex change for the sake of immersion.