• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Launches October 20, Exclusively on PlayStation 5

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Everyone at Insomniac Games is thrilled to announce that Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will launch on Friday, October 20th, 2023, only on PlayStation 5. After the amazing fan reception for Marvel's Spider-Man in 2018 and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales in 2020, the team has worked tirelessly over the past few years to make this third installment in the franchise the sequel you have been waiting for. Built from the ground up for PlayStation 5 console, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will unlock the power of the console with better visuals, faster web swinging (and web wings!), 3D Audio, and near-instant character switching. We speak for all our collaborators and friends at PlayStation and Marvel Games, when we say that we cannot wait for you to get your hands on this incredible single-player open-world experience.

In Marvel's Spider-Man 2, players will get to experience Marvel's New York as both Peter Parker and Miles Morales. As you saw in the PlayStation Showcase last month - the main storyline of the game will have you take control of both Spider-Men at different points of the campaign. In the open world, you will be able to switch nearly instantly between them as you explore Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn. Both Spider-Men have stories and missions in the world exclusive to each of them.

As you can see from our box art, Peter and Miles are both key protagonists in our story. The iconic red background returns, but darkness surrounds as fan-favorite villains like Venom, Lizard, and Kraven threaten them and Marvel's New York. You will also notice that each character's arm represents their new abilities: Peter with the symbiote, Miles with his evolved bioelectric Venom powers.

In addition to our launch date, we are excited to walk you through your options for experiencing Marvel's Spider-Man 2. Pre-orders will opened yesterday (June 16th, 2023) at all participating retailers, PlayStation Store, and direct.playstation.com. Pre-Orders will go live at 10:00 AM local time on June 16, 2023 (10am EDT/ 7am PDT in U.S.). Fans who pre-order any version of Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will receive an early unlock Arachknight Suit for Peter with 3 additional color variants, an early unlock Shadow Spider Suit for Miles with 3 additional color variants, an early unlock Web Grabber gadget, and 3 skill points to get you started!

You will see the beautiful box art adorning the standard edition of Marvel's Spider-Man 2 for $69.99 / £69.99/ €79.99/ ¥8,980 MSRP. But that is not all! There will be a Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition of the game!

The Digital Deluxe edition of Marvel's Spider-Man 2 ($79.99 / £79.99/ €89.99/ ¥9,980 MSRP) will include the game, all the pre-order incentives, as well as 10 unique suits (5 for Peter, 5 for Miles), additional Photo Mode frames and stickers, and 2 additional skill points.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that these 10 suits were designed by guest artists across comics, films, and PlayStation Studios! The featured artists are Kris Anka, Julia Blattman, Sweeney Boo, Anthony Francisco, Raf Grassetti, Jerad Marantz, Joel Mandish, Darren Quach, and Victoria Ying! Pre-orders are live for Digital Deluxe edition now.

For our hardcore Spider-Man fans out there who want an incredible Spider-Man collectible alongside Marvel's Spider-Man 2, we have just the edition for you while supplies last. The Collector's Edition ($229.99 / £219.99/ €249.99/ ¥31,980 MSRP) includes a voucher for the Digital Deluxe Edition, as well as a Steelbook case, and an extraordinary, high-quality 19-inch statue featuring our Spider-Men battling fan-favorite Venom. Fans can order the Collector's Edition on direct.playstation.com in those select markets (United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Austria, Spain, Portugal) started at 10AM local time on June 16, 2023.

For those countries that do not have direct.playstation.com, be on the lookout for more information on how you can secure a Collector's Edition in your region.

We cannot wait for you to get your hands on the game on October 20th, 2023, only on PlayStation 5. In the meantime, prepare to get your pre-orders in for Marvel's Spider-Man 2 at PlayStation Store, direct.playstation.com, or a friendly retailer online or near you on June 16th, 2023. And for all the latest from Insomniac Games, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
That press release.... All i can think of is when Sony were against the Microsoft/Activision buy out because of platform exclusivity when it came to CoD. Meanwhile Sony: "Come play Spider man 2, exclusively on PS5.:)"

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
I can't wait for that to come out, the first one was freaking stellar!

That press release.... All i can think of is when Sony were against the Microsoft/Activision buy out because of platform exclusivity when it came to CoD. Meanwhile Sony: "Come play Spider man 2, exclusively on PS5.:)"
Spiderman is a first party studio... its a tad different. CoD is made buy a third party studio and a game that has been on Playstation for a couple decades.

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
For now, it will come to PC later.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, custom tube amp, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
i mean it will come to PC in 1-2 years, I think 2 years is the standard cycle they said.

does it run at 4k 60 fps constantly on ps5? if it does i honestly find that really impressive. my guess is it doesn't though

System Name Cast Lead™
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX H270F GAMING
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
Storage Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm
Display(s) LG 24MP59G
Case Green Z4
Audio Device(s) Realtek High Definition Audio
Power Supply Green 650 UK Gold
Software Windows 10™ Pro 64 bit
no thanks i can wait to play it on pc

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Damn exclusives... Oh well, will come out on PC anyway.

LGBTQ spider is more like it
Pretty sure Morales is straight.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Console exclusivity needs to die. It is silly at this point with so many billions and billions of dollars to be made by launching on PC and both major consoles.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I like how pc is its own world and exclusive means nothing.

and then the pc version of the ps exclusive shows xbox button layout

its funny in a way

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Console exclusivity needs to die. It is silly at this point with so many billions and billions of dollars to be made by launching on PC and both major consoles.
I disagree. Mainly because exclusives gives a reason to purchase the console and creates a form of competition. Forces the other companies to attempt to come out with games that can compete.

But I am unsure what everyones fixation is on Spiderman. It appears that all releases are the exact same to me.

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I disagree. Mainly because exclusives gives a reason to purchase the console and creates a form of competition. Forces the other companies to attempt to come out with games that can compete.

But I am unsure what everyones fixation is on Spiderman. It appears that all releases are the exact same to me.

There are reasons to buy a console but exclusive games shouldn't be one of them. Console exclusivity is archaic thinking and just needs to go away and die. From a business perspective console exclusives don't make sense anyway. Some say that the exclusives do make sense because it gives gamers incentive to buy a console but both Sony and MS say that they don't make much profit on selling the console unit. They make the big profit on selling the games. So, sell the games on PC and both consoles at launch and make even more profit.

Sony owns the rights to Spiderman 2 through Playstation Interactive which owns Insomniac Games and they have full control over pricing even if it isn't a PS exclusive.

I can't wait for that to come out, the first one was freaking stellar!

Spiderman is a first party studio... its a tad different. CoD is made buy a third party studio and a game that has been on Playstation for a couple decades.
It's not different. There's no difference in Sony's **exclusive** handcuffed Spidey titles (other than shameful greed) than Sony's purchase of Bungie.

Spider-Man's games, and the character's appearance in many other titles, has been around for decades, outside of Sony's paws.

No, what you are doing here, IMO, is excusing one company's evil nonsense in favor for your most favorite brand it seems.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
obligatory spider man themesong done right

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
There are reasons to buy a console but exclusive games shouldn't be one of them. Console exclusivity is archaic thinking and just needs to go away and die. From a business perspective console exclusives don't make sense anyway. Some say that the exclusives do make sense because it gives gamers incentive to buy a console but both Sony and MS say that they don't make much profit on selling the console unit. They make the big profit on selling the games. So, sell the games on PC and both consoles at launch and make even more profit.

Sony owns the rights to Spiderman 2 through Playstation Interactive which owns Insomniac Games and they have full control over pricing even if it isn't a PS exclusive.
Sony is still going to make more money from selling games from the PSN...and the PSN subscriptions themselves for online games, so they still have an incentive to make people join their ecosystem. That might be the same reason as to why they weren't open to cross play : you have to isolate the PlayStation tribe from the other, so your gamer friends can only be PlayStation owners as well. Sony is developing a strong tribal spirit, I know a few PlayStation owners who weren't that happy to see PC players join their fun without being "part of the family".

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11

ill just go with what @dyonoctis said and add to it.

Consoles make money on software sales, that is indeed true. But they make that big money on the licensing that companies pay in royalties to sony, or others, for their games on the console. Sorry, my sentence structure sucks as I am half awake and had a few drinks. But anyway, they make money on their ecosystem. So does Nintendo.

Everyone kept saying that spider man was great and worth buying a play station for. once it released on pc i bought it and gotta say i was disappointed.

its a ubisoft game with towers , only thing different is that it has spider man in it.

Everyone kept saying that spider man was great and worth buying a play station for. once it released on pc i bought it and gotta say i was disappointed.

its a ubisoft game with towers , only thing different is that it has spider man in it.

i'm pretty sure, that "spider-man" thing make it different

Your **opinion** is definitely your own and no one's opinion should be **forced** upon you to please theirs or anyone else's opposition but to compare any Spidey's titles to any Ubi/AC's titles, though... uhm... I'm pleased to meet you and I hope your travels were pleasant and welcome to... Earth!

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
Your **opinion** is definitely your own and no one's opinion should be **forced** upon you to please theirs or anyone else's opposition but to compare any Spidey's titles to any Ubi/AC's titles, though... uhm... I'm pleased to meet you and I hope your travels were pleasant and welcome to... Earth!
what kind of stupid post is this?

He said that people told him how good it is and he thought it was mediocre at best. Which it is. I guess if PS5 has no games then yeah, I guess it is considered a masterpiece.

But he didn't say he was forced or anything. Or forcing others about his opinion. If he isn't allowed to share it, then what is the point of being here? want it to be your own echo chamber?

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Elite X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) Samsung G8 Oled with a secondary mini led monitor.
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
what kind of stupid post is this?

He said that people told him how good it is and he thought it was mediocre at best. Which it is. I guess if PS5 has no games then yeah, I guess it is considered a masterpiece.

But he didn't say he was forced or anything. Or forcing others about his opinion. If he isn't allowed to share it, then what is the point of being here? want it to be your own echo chamber?

Technically it is a PS4 game released almost a half decade ago. In 2018 it was pretty decent especially for a console game in 2022/23 not so much. That year there where multiple games released on PS4 that where much better though... God of war, Red Dead Redemption 2 just to name a couple.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Dude, Sony has built a Playstation EMPIRE on exclusives and you're saying there is no business case?

I think this is a matter of perspective :)

I've said it a million times, exclusivity of content is perfectly normal, fine, and happens in markets all over the place. Any company that has any kind of IP (Intellectual Property), practically has an exclusive bit of content. Another way to put it is, that every product that has any sort of 'unique selling point' is in fact an exclusive for the company producing it.

The facts are, Sony produces a machine, a piece of hardware, that enables gamers a specific way to access content. That on its own is a USP - the whole ecosystem is. Obviously this includes content. Similarly, look at Nintendo. It produces a console with specific input options and portability, so games will cater to that. Again, exclusive content all over the place.

The PC is the odd one out here. We've also heard the 'exclusive bad' argument wrt Epic. Its the same pile of nonsense. The market decides whether EGS survives, and its clear their exclusive deals might backfire on them - but it hasn't yet, and without them, EGS would have no single unique selling point, forcing itself to compete on price with a much larger Steam, a battle that is lost to begin with.

Can we pretty please drop this absolutely nonsensical argument for good now? It doesn't make sense, it only does if you have the isolated perspective of a gamer that wants to buy all the things without buying all the hardware to play it. Its absolute bullshit. On PC, you can simply download EGS. Not a single piece of content is 'excluded' from you - you're just going to get forced into a purchase and guess what, Sony loves it when you buy their hardware. No business perspective. Lmao.

'No Exclusives' do you know what that leads to? No creativity, because the content is never used to be system seller - simply because it's unable to. Sony's first party 'exclusive production studios' have been releasing more unique content than any others. This isn't a coincidence.

Never quite understood the whole Marvel thing. I just can't help but laugh at its ridiculousness, it was fun when I was 12. See one superhero you've seen them all...

Last edited:
System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
It's not different. There's no difference in Sony's **exclusive** handcuffed Spidey titles (other than shameful greed) than Sony's purchase of Bungie.

Spider-Man's games, and the character's appearance in many other titles, has been around for decades, outside of Sony's paws.

No, what you are doing here, IMO, is excusing one company's evil nonsense in favor for your most favorite brand it seems.
Is Spiderman on PC?
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Dude, Sony has built a Playstation EMPIRE on exclusives and you're saying there is no business case?

I've said it a million times, exclusivity of content is perfectly normal, fine, and happens in markets all over the place. Any company that has any kind of IP (Intellectual Property), practically has an exclusive bit of content. Another way to put it is, that every product that has any sort of 'unique selling point' is in fact an exclusive for the company producing it.

The facts are, Sony produces a machine, a piece of hardware, that enables gamers a specific way to access content. That on its own is a USP - the whole ecosystem is. Obviously this includes content. Similarly, look at Nintendo. It produces a console with specific input options and portability, so games will cater to that. Again, exclusive content all over the place.

The PC is the odd one out here. We've also heard the 'exclusive bad' argument wrt Epic. Its the same pile of nonsense. The market decides whether EGS survives, and its clear their exclusive deals might backfire on them - but it hasn't yet, and without them, EGS would have no single unique selling point, forcing itself to compete on price with a much larger Steam, a battle that is lost to begin with.

Can we pretty please drop this absolutely nonsensical argument for good now? It doesn't make sense, it only does if you have the isolated perspective of a gamer that wants to buy all the things without buying all the hardware to play it. Its absolute bullshit. On PC, you can simply download EGS. Not a single piece of content is 'excluded' from you - you're just going to get forced into a purchase and guess what, Sony loves it when you buy their hardware. No business perspective. Lmao.

'No Exclusives' do you know what that leads to? No creativity, because the content is never used to be system seller - simply because it's unable to. Sony's first party 'exclusive production studios' have been releasing more unique content than any others. This isn't a coincidence.

Never quite understood the whole Marvel thing. I just can't help but laugh at its ridiculousness, it was fun when I was 12. See one superhero you've seen them all...
Everything was cool until you had to go bashing Marvel... Lets stick to the things we can bash together k? Kthx.

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

Exclusives are bad. They are anti-consumer. It's off topic but EGS has already been judged for their anti-consumer practices by gamers and are an abysmal failure. 4.5 years later with their timed exclusives and barrage of free games they are still not considered anything even approaching a worthy opponent of Steam and EGS is barely profitable. What Sweeney is doing is using profits from selling Fortnite microtransactions to prop up his failed store. That is a warped business model. It's Sweeney's personal grudge against Steam that keeps this farce going. At first it made sense from a new business venture perspective to lose money to try to promote EGS but now it's just sad.

The bottom line is that Sony would make far more money by releasing on both platforms and PC at the same time. Just ask MS. They figured it out. There are tens of billions of dollars to be made by releasing on PC.