• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Memory Clock strangeness, HD 2600

slashandburn

Should I be at all concerned at this, according to GPU-Z:

Radeon HD 2600

GPU Clock: 594 MHz Memory: 495 MHz
Default Clock 600 MHz Memory: 400 Mhz

I expected the top values to mirror the default values, could I have a problem? I've never attempted to overclock anything on my system.

Edit: According to CPU-Z, this cards clock speeds are 600MHz (Core) and 800Mhz (Memory)

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
Welcome to TPU slashandburn!

It's probably a driver problem. Have you updated your drivers recently? If you did, did you clean out your old drivers first?

slashandburn

That could well be the case! I was testing a different card on this system just the other week.

On the subject of drivers, its the AGP version of the 2600, if I remember rightly the AGP hd radeons suffered from a number driver issues. I'll try a few things and report back.

edit: even stranger, I know its using driver version 11.9. and using the AMD CCC, yet theres no CCC entry or indeed ANY ATI software installed when I check add/remove programs. I've got an empty partition, I think I'm gonna try a fresh OS install and see how the results compare.

Last edited:

slashandburn

Something still isnt right. After a fresh XP install and nothing else installed on the system besides the latest driver and GPUZ, GPU-Z is still showing exactly the same values.

I undestand why GPU-Z Rates my default memory clock at 400MHz (rather than 800Mhz, which this card is really rated at.) but I'm totally perplexed as to why it's showing my actually memory clock at 495MHz.