• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Michael Bay Accuses Microsoft of Conspiracy

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
There are still some of us who are stuck with dial-up. The only other option is paying a lot for satellite which I consider a rather pathetic option for the money.

I know that us people who live in the rural areas are not the money makers for the big ISPs, but to completely eliminate some kind of phyical medium will eliminate many potential customers. I think there will always be some physical meduim for purchasing movies or whatever, but I see it moving to solid state devices (ie. flash drives or something) in the near future.

Just my opinion

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
As a former Best Buy employee, I will have to completely disagree and warn EVERYONE to NEVER ask for advice from a best buy employee. It's all based on oppinion. best buy emps receive no training. They learn more from customers then they do from co-workers and seasonal sales-pitch manuals.

If both discs were the same version (ex: discovery or BBC version), both in HD, and both players were top of the line, then I guarantee you Saw absolutely no difference.

F-22 why do you come back after getting banned lol? Anyway, I worked there for a year and I took 12 hours of training (taking quizzes over everything multimedia). Furthermore, I'm not even including the HUGE tests we were given, and required to do, in order to get the home entertainment department certification (over 600 questions). You really have no idea what you're talking about and based on what you said, you never worked at Best Buy.

This is the reason you got banned lol... You make up senseless stuff and then start an argument. I'm done with this thread now.

EDIT: Furthermore, Best Buy's entire employee tool kit is made to train its employees. You are given 60 tests when you start working at best buy, and then around 5 tests per week after that.

Last edited:
They must not be very hard or have much useful information in them if the people milling about the computer/monitor section don't know what BB's dead pixel policy is and tell you to 'go ask the Geeks,' and then go to telling somebody what kind of computer 'best suites them.'

Just my experience though.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
There is no way digital downloads are gonna take over before HD discs become the mainstay. There isn't enough bandwidth available, and there won't be for some time. The studios would lose money if they went all download.

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
There is no way digital downloads are gonna take over before HD discs become the mainstay. There isn't enough bandwidth available, and there won't be for some time. The studios would lose money if they went all download.

Yes they would thats why I think that were a long ways off from ever getting close enough to digital downloads. Sure it has already started but it has a long ways to go towards acceptance, and wide popularity

Davidelmo

Processor Intel i7 920 @4.20Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte EX58 UD5
Cooling Titan Fenrir
Memory 6Gb Patriot 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI HD4870 1Gb
Storage 2x250Gb Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0) plus 2B storage
Display(s) Samsung 22 inch Widescreen
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Auzen Prelude 7.1
Power Supply PCP&P 750W Silencer
Software Win7 beta
meh.. frankly I'm just going to ignore this whole thing until it sorts itself out

Frankly, the quality difference from DVD to HD-DVD/BR is present, but it isn't massive. There is also no additional functionality (i.e. going from fastforward/rewind on VHS to skipping chapters on DVD) so the vast majority of people are totally apathetic.

I honestly could not care less which format "wins" - even though neither format is "winning" because they are BOTH losing miserably to plain old DVDs.

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
meh.. frankly I'm just going to ignore this whole thing until it sorts itself out

Frankly, the quality difference from DVD to HD-DVD/BR is present, but it isn't massive. There is also no additional functionality (i.e. going from fastforward/rewind on VHS to skipping chapters on DVD) so the vast majority of people are totally apathetic.

I honestly could not care less which format "wins" - even though neither format is "winning" because they are BOTH losing miserably to plain old DVDs.

I dont know about Blu Ray but I know that in HD DVD you can save your favorite scene and go directly to it rather than start at a partiucular chapter and then fast forwarding through it to a favorite part ion the movie. That counts for something at least:rockout::rockout::pimp:

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
i wish they would pick something so i wont invest my money in something only to find out that the other format won the war that would just piss me off so im just gunna wait it out until this thing is resolved

hacker111

So he is sewing them just because he doesn't ike the discs they make and because he wants peole to move to digital downloading...:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular