• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft purchases inXile and Obsidian

System Name SloMo
Processor G4560
Motherboard MSi H110-PRO-D
Cooling LC-CC-95 @ Arctic Cooling fan
Memory 2X Crucial DDR4 2400 4GB
Video Card(s) Integrated HD 610
Storage WD 500 GB + Seagate 500 GB + Toshiba 3 TB
Display(s) Lenovo D221
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Manhattan Flex BT Headphones, Encore P-801 stereo speakers
Power Supply Corsair CX450M
Mouse microsoft office mouse
Keyboard Modecom mc-800m
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores gorstak @ hwbot.org
Hmmm, Microsoft has a tendency to destroy everything it touches, and obsidian was working on some sort of baldur's gate sequel. Baldur's is now under beamdog Company ownership, but baldur, pillars, and wasteland have in common that they are all isometric RPG's, so I'm expecting a new game somewhere along that route for starters. Personally I wish this didn't happen, as I like to get games on gog.com, mostly because of one click setup and no drm involved. This will obviously not be the case anymore, so it kinda disheartens me. This type of games is the only thing I still like playing. One hand on mouse, coffee mug in other hand, one leg on table, and turn based rpg on the screen, without sudden movement, everything happening when I want it and how I want it. I would love the new game to be something like Ishar+baldur+fallout2, some epic immersive story of battle of evil vs good, spiced with some humor, and perhaps some kind of managable ai script engine, and I'd be happy as a pig in the mud. I also hope they don't go for tyranny type of graphics, I'm hoping we'll get high resolution hand drawn graphics. I'm dreaming of something as beatiful as titan quest, with all sorts of lighting and nice scenery, and a story that draws roots in some of existing earth's mythology. Now, that'd be Worth 50 Eur for me. Also, the last released D&D title for pc, sword coast legends, was an awesome game, and if this new game is d&d aswell, that'd be awesome. A familiar feel, epic story, perhaps some kind of new quest system, not the old quest list or bring grandma shrooms from the other side of the map, and it would be something modern games lack: quality.

Sorry for daydreaming in the last bit :D