1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Seeing Xbox 360 Shortages in U.S.

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Feb 14, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft is seeing shortages of its Xbox 360 video game console in the United States, as the company failed to anticipate strong post-holiday demand, an executive said on Wednesday. "We are really running short of product here in the United States," Jeff Bell, head of global marketing for Microsoft's games business, said in an interview. "You could say we misjudged demand. We're literally out of stock in many stores. We think this will have an impact on our sales," Bell said. "It may cause the overall industry number to be down a little bit." Microsoft sold nearly 1.3 million Xbox 360 consoles in the United States in December, when the entire video games industry gets a boost from holiday shopping. The Xbox 360 competes with Nintendo's Wii console, as well as Sony's PlayStation 3.

Source: CNET News

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. effmaster

effmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting I havent heard about xbox 360 shortages in quite some time now. LOL what has it been since xbox 360 .ctually had a shortage? I think it was April 2006.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. Rodster New Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't surprise me they now have shortages because last year during the Holiday season it was reported they sold boat loads of 360's and Halo 3 caused them to sell even more. So good for MS.

Now just fix the f*cking problems with the console. :nutkick:

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    It doesn't surprise me after all the replacement consoles they have had to ship out M$ possibly ran out of stock but no doubt the slight price drops have been helping sales as with the ps3.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. acperience7

Thanks Received:
    +1
    They have a really great thing going for themselves with the 360 right now. It would be a shame to see it all go up in smoke because they couldn't or wouldn't fix a hardware problem