• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MINISFORUM Also Announces the NAB9 Premium Mini PC with Dual 2.5 GbE Ports

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MINISFORUM also listed its new Mini PC - NAB9 on Amazon, featuring an i9-12900HK processor and dual 2.5G Ethernet ports. The 32 GB + 1 TB version is priced at $599, with a first-order coupon of $96, bringing the final price down to $503. MINISFORUM NAB9 utilizes the same mold as the NAB7, but upgrades to the flagship Intel Core i9-12900HK processor, with 14 cores and 20 threads, a 24 MB cache, a base frequency of 3.80 GHz, and a maximum turbo frequency of up to 5.00 GHz. With a TDP of 45 W, it integrates Iris Xe graphics with 96 EUs, significantly enhancing graphic performance.

Furthermore, the NAB9 supports AV1 decoding and video editing acceleration, ensuring users experience faster and smoother operations, whether watching high-definition videos, editing photos, or engaging in design and creative work. With a volume of just 0.9 liters, the NAB9 is 1/40th the size of traditional PCs. Its easy-to-disassemble design allows users to quickly access and replace memory and SSD. The new active SSD cooling design, coupled with side ventilation openings, effectively dissipates heat from the memory and SSD.

The NAB9 offers a rich ports, including dual 2.5G Ethernet ports, making it an ideal Home Theater Personal Computer (HTPC). It also features 2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports, 4 USB 3.2 Type-A ports, 2 HDMI ports, and a 3.5 mm audio jack, supporting PD 100 W power supply.

In terms of expansion, the NAB9 is equipped with two DDR4 memory slots (SO-DIMM), supporting up to 64 GB of DDR4-3200 memory. It has an M.2 slot for PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs (up to 2 TB) and an additional 2.5-inch drive bay. With two HDMI ports and two Type-C ports, it can support four 4K 60 Hz displays.

The NAB9 also supports VESA wall-mounting, allowing for easy installation behind monitors and freeing up desk space. If you're in need of a high-performance Mini PC for office work, creative tasks, or gaming, the NAB9 is an excellent choice.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
flagship Intel Core i9-12900HK processor
ummm....say what.... since when is a cpu from 2 gens ago still considered a "flagship" ???? Back at it's launch date, maybe, but if that's their best marketing spinner person at work, so be it....

And yes, I understand that cooling a 14th gen chip in this little box would be a challenge, but if anyone can do it, it would be the folks @minisforum...

But this is a really nice looking mini-me box with a great feature set & a reasonable price too.

Wonder if they will offer a barebones model for ~$399 or so :D

the-last-englishman

This has been on the market for more than 6 months now, not sure why Techpowerup have put this in the news......
Seems like a paid publicity rather than a press release................

ummm....say what.... since when is a cpu from 2 gens ago still considered a "flagship" ???? Back at it's launch date, maybe, but if that's their best marketing spinner person at work, so be it....

And yes, I understand that cooling a 14th gen chip in this little box would be a challenge, but if anyone can do it, it would be the folks @minisforum...

But this is a really nice looking mini-me box with a great feature set & a reasonable price too.

Wonder if they will offer a barebones model for ~$399 or so :D
I can only assume it’s because the 14th gen still carry a premium and they can get a serious discount on the 12th allowing them to offer their boxes so cheap.