• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI B250 PC MATE is good for gaming? (960 EVO, i7-7700, GTX1080Ti)

Hi,

I'm building a new gaming pc.

The thing is, I have right now:
  • Intel Core i7-7700
  • Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2
  • GTX1080Ti (I will buy it soon)
I thought to buy a H270 but, the price difference is high (Asus Strix H270F US$144). Besides, the only difference I can see between H and B is the sound card, WiFi, etc.. and to be honest, I doubt that I will notice a difference on the sound when playing games.

So, questions:
  1. The MSI B250 PC MATE is a good motherboard?
  2. Will I be able to run my 960 EVO at the rated speeds without a problem? (PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2)
  3. Won't have limitations to handle a powerful graphics card like the GTX1080Ti? (PCI-E 3.0 16x)
  4. Will affect gaming performance? (FPS)
I remember when I had a H170 (I sold it), everything was fluid and good but, I moved to an ASRock H110 and I noticed the difference in performance. When I was playing games, when I close them, the PC kept a black screen for 2-3 seconds to return to the Windows desktop. With a lot of programs and windows opened, it felt the PC was a little slow/thoughtful. Maybe the chipset was the guilty here, I don't know. This will happen to me again with this B250 motherboard?.

Last edited: