• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI/Gigabyte GTX1050 Ti Low Profile Cards semi passive?

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard B550M Steel Legend
Cooling XPX (custom loop)
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Video Card(s) 3080 with Bykski block (custom loop)
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Power Supply Focus Plus Gold 750FX
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
Hello there,

I want to get a new GPU for my HTPC. Right now I'm stuck between the Low Profile cards from MSI and Gigabyte. Of course I want my HTPC to be as quiet as possible, so a card that turns of its fans would be much appreciated. I can't seem to find out if either of those has semi passive cooling.

The Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC LP 4G clocks a little faster and has only one 50mm fan, while the MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP clocks a little slower and has two 50mm fans.

So this make me think that the MSI would need only half the fan speed and even less, because its slower. On the other hand havin only one fan, the Gigabyte may have a larger heatsink which make it more likely to work passively while idle...

Also, does anyone know if these cards ship with Low Profile brackets?

Thanks for your advice!

HP_CARLOS

i Purchased the msi gtx 1050 ti low profile for my HP compaq elite 8200 sff pc with i5-2400 / 2 x ssd hd & 8 gb ram all running on stock 240 psu. this card is quiet & runs cool in such a tight space.
with nvidia's new 3.0 boost, i play games with average 1780 mhz core clock. card boosts by itself. just awesome.