• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI GS65 Stealth GTX 1070 Max-Q Design

bleepyy

Hello, how do I pull my computers mining power to maximum? In Afterburner I cannot change the Power Limit section its probably locked by the manufacturer. Else, what is Memory Clock and the other Clock for? To what amount I should set those? And are there anything else that I can do?

Mining on this laptop won't be profitable, so what's the point?
Are you doing it for fun? Current hashrates not fun enough?

I dont pay electric, so whats the best option?
I don't understand the idea of not paying for electricity. Someone has to.
You have a private plant? Can't you sell electricity? That's way better than mining crypto...

Anyway, it still makes little sense. You have a laptop. Running 24/7 at full load will kill it so quickly, you won't even get close to the MSRP.
Unless you're getting laptops for free as well...

bleepyy

I don't understand the idea of not paying for electricity. Someone has to.
You have a private plant? Can't you sell electricity? That's way better than mining crypto...

Anyway, it still makes little sense. You have a laptop. Running 24/7 at full load will kill it so quickly, you won't even get close to the MSRP.
Unless you're getting laptops for free as well...

I simply dont pay for electricity , you dont need to think of it in logical way :)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
If you want to mine, build a dedicated asic for it.

Dedicated mining gpus cost far less than gaming counterparts

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Study youtube videos

I simply dont pay for electricity , you dont need to think of it in logical way :)
Seriously. You're trying to get into mining 2 years too late. You want to do this on a gaming notebook.
Lets not use the "L" word...

My suggestion was simple. It's very likely that you'll lose money on mining, but you have some supply of electricity.
I'm not interested whether you're stealing it or you live with your parents and you think you don't pay.

Spend it some other way. Maybe there are shared e-scooters in your town. Some companies will pay you for charging them. It's actually more profitable than mining ever was...
Im not a tech tho impossible, I cant even write html :D
Maybe 5% on this forum can. Don't worry...

bleepyy

Seriously. You're trying to get into mining 2 years too late. You want to do this on a gaming notebook.
Lets not use the "L" word...

My suggestion was simple. It's very likely that you'll lose money on mining, but you have some supply of electricity.
I'm not interested whether you're stealing it or you live with your parents and you think you don't pay.

Spend it some other way. Maybe there are shared e-scooters in your town. Some companies will pay you for charging them. It's actually more profitable than mining ever was...

Maybe 5% on this forum can. Don't worry...

I understand what you saying , I get you. But Im kinda person thinkin that " 2 years late?? What you mean, I believe cryptos are our future, and it will be more and more and more and more each year with new things"

I understand what you saying , I get you. But Im kinda person thinkin that " 2 years late?? What you mean, I believe cryptos are our future, and it will be more and more and more and more each year with new things"
You can believe in whatever you want. You didn't ask us to evaluate your beliefs. :)
You asked about improving mining profitability on a laptop. But did you even try to estimate the earnings? How much do you expect to make over the next year?
Either way, I can give you the best answer you can get: don't do it - you won't make money.

As for the philosophical part:
If you believe cryptocurrencies are the future, learn to code and the essential math - become a blockchain developer or something like that.
Or look for a blockchain-related job in other role. Or invest in a blockchain company. Or just buy crypto and hope for an appreciation. Etc.

If you really want to mine, you can try that as well. But not on a single GPU and clearly not on a notebook...

bleepyy

You can believe in whatever you want. You didn't ask us to evaluate your beliefs. :)
You asked about improving mining profitability on a laptop. But did you even try to estimate the earnings? How much do you expect to make over the next year?
Either way, I can give you the best answer you can get: don't do it - you won't make money.

As for the philosophical part:
If you believe cryptocurrencies are the future, learn to code and the essential math - become a blockchain developer or something like that.
Or look for a blockchain-related job in other role. Or invest in a blockchain company. Or just buy crypto and hope for an appreciation. Etc.

If you really want to mine, you can try that as well. But not on a single GPU and clearly not on a notebook...

Thank you so much! I got it!! :))) Ill