• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI JSPI1 Firmware Recovery (Flashcat / Raspberry Pi)

corhsin

Hello,

The best thread, https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...i-z97-u3-plus-motherboard.238973/post-3767632 , is locked.

I just soldered the splitter for VCC and WP#. Will be trying shortly:

Having a problem with the Flashcat recognizing an X370 board. Hopefully this is the solution.

Is this recommending the FC VCC be split to the two header pins?
The FC has a disclaimer about supplying a minimum amperage, 150mA IIRC, and a concern is that may not be sufficient.
If the board is powered on, would it not be an option to jumper a wire over from one of the USB headers' pins?

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Hello,

The best thread, https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...i-z97-u3-plus-motherboard.238973/post-3767632 , is locked.

Having a problem with the Flashcat recognizing an X370 board. Hopefully this is the solution.

Is this recommending the FC VCC be split to the two header pins?
The FC has a disclaimer about supplying a minimum amperage, 150mA IIRC, and a concern is that may not be sufficient.
If the board is powered on, would it not be an option to jumper a wire over from one of the USB headers' pins?

Any advice is appreciated.

What X370 board? I think I had to have the power supply ON ...as recommended by Embeddedcomputers.net... because of that amperage requirement. They came out with a new version that supplies a little more

corhsin

What X370 board? I think I had to have the power supply ON ...as recommended by Embeddedcomputers.net... because of that amperage requirement. They came out with a new version that supplies a little more
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon . I have the current FlashCatUSB and now, thanks to the company, an MSI jumper/conversion cable. New results tonight.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon . I have the current FlashCatUSB and now, thanks to the company, an MSI jumper/conversion cable. New results tonight.

No update, so good results?

corhsin

No good results. An adapter cable was ordered from the FlashCAT people (Embedded Computers) to ensure an error wasn't made with pinout. The FlashCAT software did not connect, "Flash memory not detected on SPI NOR mode" nor the other SPI modes.

Another board, this time an X470 GAMING PLUS, has the same issue. The same lack of detection exists. The FC is in 3.3v mode. The software has options for 'Bit Swapping' and 'Endian mode' which were not altered, nor were anything in the Protocol Settings section.

The computer is powered on for these attempts. If anyone has any ideas, assistance is valued. TIA
FC_Bit_Swapping.jpg
FC_Endian_Mode.jpg
FC_Protocol_Settings_SPI.jpg
FC_Protocol_Settings_General.jpg