• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My review of the Silverstone Raven 2

nascasho

System Name Project: Lotus
Processor Xeon W3520 @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard EVGA X58 Classified 760
Cooling Thermalright Venomous-X
Memory 6GB (3 x 2GB) OCZ Flex EX
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD5870's in CFX
Storage G.Skill Falcon SSD 128GB (boot)
Display(s) Samsung P2570 25"
Case CM Cosmos S - Lotus
Audio Device(s) SB Titanium Fatal1ty
Power Supply Enermax Revo 85+ 1050w
Software Windows 7 64bit Ult.
Benchmark Scores Vantage P28227: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1750663
One thing I didn't like with it is how easy it is to strip those holes, I accidently had the HDD cage misaligned by like a mm and stripped the hole trying to force it in, chipped the paint around it and everything. I assumed that if it'll get "angled" into the hole, that screwin g it in would align the cage better. WRONG.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
Yup, that's why it has that angled vented cover at the top, so the wires still come out the back end anyway.

Picture of the top of the original raven without vented cover ontop

I can't hot link heres the review the picture is on

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/2710/silverstone_raven_sst_rv01b_w_full_tower_case/index10.html

I like this case it's nice but my Armor is sturdy as hell (all rolled steel) and is big, roomy and frankly very well designed. I was gonna buy a raven 2 for my birthday but it would have been wasting a perfectly good case and buying something I didn't need. I'm trying to stop doing that but I might just break down and buy one sometime.

Blacky

I have one question for the owners of this case. I really interest in this case but my doubt is the clearance in the floor in this case. My main systems always have a good watercooling component and my radiator is a Thermochill PA 120.3 the height is 60 mm and I don't know is my thermochill fit in the case floor.

I hope, this radiator fit in the floor but I wanted for someone confirm this.