• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need confirmation on bios mod for 4870

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshuter

I'm getting ready to do some benching with a Sapphire HD4870 soon. I want to mod my bios with RBE and am just not real clear on a couple of points.

The card will be benched at sub zero temps with either phase change or my dice pot so fan control is not an issue and I am doing a hard mod for gpu voltage. I'm not sure yet what app I'll be using to oc the card, I need something that will let me set clocks and driver tweaks like LOD, etc. I have ATI tray tools, Rivatuner, ATItool, and CCC. Any advice about which of these has the most control over driver tweaks will be appreciated.

Now my main question... is it possible to mod a bios that will allow clocks up to 1200/1200? I'm not saying the card will reach those speeds, I just want the ability to test to the max the card can do without being limited by bios. I'm really not sure how the clock limited bios work, on my cards before I've just been able to max the card out without modding the bios. If I do get a bios with 1200/1200 limits, how will that affect the card at boot?

Thanks for reading this.... I may not be clear on exactly what I want to do, if not, please go easy on me and I'll try to clear up any confusion on exactly what I'm wanting.:)

Fastmix

Try the third bios on my signature it's already modded and the limit that offers is more than enough for a 4870, the problem is if you change the CCC limit higher yourself the driver will not recognize it and it will not work.;)

boshuter

Try the third bios on my signature it's already modded and the limit that offers is more than enough for a 4870, the problem is if you change the CCC limit higher yourself the driver will not recognize it and it will not work.;)

What are the limits on that bios? It looks like 795/1100. These cards are very capable of 1000 on core and over 1100 on memory. If my card won't do 950 core I'll grab another until I find one that will. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.