• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

need for speed shift

System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)
IMHO: GRID -> Dirt 2 -> NFS:SHIFT

GRID is very well playable and works nice on LAN, Dirt 2 is a bit more rally orientated, which is not my thing, but drives nicely and has a nice overall game setup. In Shift, the cars (I tried in the demo) drive like ass, brake like ass, and corner like ass. Only positive thing about Shift is it looks good.

JackAttack

Processor E8400 @ 3.0GHZ ~
IMHO: GRID -> Dirt 2 -> NFS:SHIFT

GRID is very well playable and works nice on LAN, Dirt 2 is a bit more rally orientated, which is not my thing, but drives nicely and has a nice overall game setup. In Shift, the cars (I tried in the demo) drive like ass, brake like ass, and corner like ass. Only positive thing about Shift is it looks good.

Thats not my experience at all, I think the cars drive sweet. I've also got Dirt 2 and the driving is good too.

Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Thats not my experience at all, I think the cars drive sweet. I've also got Dirt 2 and the driving is good too.

Experiences vary from person to person :)

I'm okay with cars that drive a little realistic, but (and again, I just played the demo) I found it to be impossible to corner without burning rubber, even at 30km/h. The brakes are a little too weak too. Even in my own car I can corner and brake better, and that's hardly a racing vehicle.

On the other hand, I do believe brakes and cornering abilities are a tiny bit over the top in games like GRID. But then again, they have always been in previous NFS series as well (going from Hot Pursuit 2).

It could be that I need more time getting used to it, but I've played the demo for a couple of hours and I just got pissed at the way the cars drive, so I quit.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
You just need to tune a car to your feel in NFS Shift. Its more dificult imo. Having set it to pro difficulty, you will need a wheel and pedal.. setting GriD to Pro, you can still manage using an XBOX 360 controller.. you wont be able to pull that off in Shift o_O

Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
You just need to tune a car to your feel in NFS Shift. Its more dificult imo. Having set it to pro difficulty, you will need a wheel and pedal.. setting GriD to Pro, you can still manage using an XBOX 360 controller.. you wont be able to pull that off in Shift o_O

Got both a wheel and an Xbox controller :D

System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?
NFSS is a sexy game, especially if you have a very good surround sound, the engines sounds are just orgasmic....lol

JackAttack

Well, I've had this game for a couple of days now and all I can say is...wow.
I have unlocked Tier 2 cars and bought a Porsche Cayman S which now has all the goodies and I unlocked a Tier 3 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 which also has all the good stuff. Man, what a driving experience.
I need 20 more stars to Tier 4 and then I better hold on tight.
I play with the keyboard, no wheel...on a pc.
Best game I have bought in a long time.
I need a little more driving experience and then I can't wait to see some of you guys online.
OK, off to the races.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Shift is only fun when the cars are stock. Once you soup them up the driving/corning becomes unappealing for me. They never got the sound right for my liking. The engine noise drowns out everything as if I'm at a tractor pull event. The car engine noise inside the car is at the same level outside the car, another turn off. When driving from behind the rear end appears to actually steer the cars as if they are all green machines (rear wheel turning big wheels). Which gave it unnatural driving physics as it went around corners at racing speeds. Although it appears that the latest patch has added a bit more weight to the cars they still feel a tad bit to light. The latest patch also added a tad more understeer but the issue with the rear of the car is still noticeable.

Once I noticed these things it really turned me off and I've not played it since the last patch.

Last edited:

JackAttack

Shift is only fun when the cars are stock. Once you soup them up the driving/corning becomes unappealing for me. They never got the sound right for my liking. The engine noise drowns out everything as if I'm at a tractor pull event. The car engine noise inside the car is at the same level outside the car, another turn off. When driving from the rear the rear end appears to actually steer the cars as if they are all green machines (rear wheel turning big wheels). Which gave it unnatural driving physics as it went around corners at racing speeds. Although it appears that the latest patch has added a bit more weight to the cars they still feel a tad bit to light.

Once I noticed these things it really turned me off and I've not played it since the last patch.

To each his own...I love the game.:toast:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.

JackAttack

Update: Need for Speed SHIFT

I bought a couple of Tier 4 cars.
Pagani Zonda R
McLaren F1
I also have a WORKS car, it's a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, what a sweet ride this one is.

Now I'm only a Level 25 driver so I am not too good yet but I am looking forward to race some of you TPU guys online to get myself better.

My online name is BlackMagic60...if you see me toot your horn as you pass me...lol (pc - not console).

Last edited: