• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help installing GF 6600LE 256MB DDR TV DVI PIC-E

Pete2

Well i am new at this so ill try to explain best i can. I put the card into a PCI-E slot and it stayed in there and it was nice and secure. So i then tried to plug in the supply power cable but it couldnt reach so i went out and bought an extension cable for it. Before i purchased the extension cable i tried running the CD with the drives but it would start it always gave me this message
"The driver on this computer does not seem to belong to XFX. Please go to nvidia.com and get the correct driver"
I was unable to find the driver it was talking about. So i manually installed some not all of the drivers but most of them failed to install properly.
Now after i bought the extension cable it reached and i plugged it in. So i plugged in the monitor cable into the graphics card and booted my computer but the screen is just black. So i tried putting the monitor plug back into the original slot and it is still black. So i shut down my computer and i unplug the power cable and the computer works. But the graphics card does not. I really need help on this one my friend says it should be alot easier than this. I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RB30 ill put a link in for the specs on my computer
http://shopper.cnet.com/Sony_VAIO_R...p=4507-3118_9-31256853&cip=1&orderby=90&sort=

Plz help me thx bunches.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
So when you say the driver did not belong to XFX, the computer was booting and fully working? (well except for the driver issue)

D_o_S

Processor AMD Opteron 144
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling Watercooled - Alphacool Nexxxos XP, BIX2, Eheim HPPS
Memory 2x 512MB OCZ PC 3200EL Platinum Rev.2 (TCCD)
Video Card(s) 2x Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (430/1200)
Storage 4x WD Raptor 740GD in RAID 0
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan L768
Case CM Stacker
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF
Pete2 said:
Well i am new at this so ill try to explain best i can. I put the card into a PCI-E slot and it stayed in there and it was nice and secure. So i then tried to plug in the supply power cable but it couldnt reach so i went out and bought an extension cable for it. Before i purchased the extension cable i tried running the CD with the drives but it would start it always gave me this message
"The driver on this computer does not seem to belong to XFX. Please go to nvidia.com and get the correct driver"
I was unable to find the driver it was talking about. So i manually installed some not all of the drivers but most of them failed to install properly.
Now after i bought the extension cable it reached and i plugged it in. So i plugged in the monitor cable into the graphics card and booted my computer but the screen is just black. So i tried putting the monitor plug back into the original slot and it is still black. So i shut down my computer and i unplug the power cable and the computer works. But the graphics card does not. I really need help on this one my friend says it should be alot easier than this. I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RB30 ill put a link in for the specs on my computer
http://shopper.cnet.com/Sony_VAIO_R...p=4507-3118_9-31256853&cip=1&orderby=90&sort=

Plz help me thx bunches.

" So i shut down my computer and i unplug the power cable and the computer works. " I don't quite understand that part. Do you get any monitor output? How do you know your PC works? If you do get monitor output (on which ever card), start up your PC and enter BIOS (press DEL after you push the power button). Here, de-activate your onboard graphics (Intel GMA 900), and select "Exit, Saving changes". Switch off your PC, and plug the monitor into the 6600LE and see if it works. If it does not, and you get no monitor output, there should be a jumper on your motherboard which says something like "CMOS" or "Clear CMOS". You will have to move the jumper from its standard position to the other one available, connecting two pins (like from pin 1 and 2 to pin 2 and 3). Leave it there for 5 seconds and then place it into its default position. Then try switching on your PC.

Report back.

Pete2

sorry ill explain better

Ok what happend is i tried downlaoding two drivers one was a BIOS update for my PC and the other was a 3rd party driver from Omegadrivers.net for the nvidia cards and both completely installed. But when i stick the card in the slot and plug in the power supply cable or the (Y cable) i try to boot my computer but the monitor is blank. I can tell that the computer is working cause my speakers are making all the right noises it mkaes the windows startup music. so yeah i have no clue whats going on oh and BIOS i push delete but nothing came up but i push F8 and this thing comes up but nothing about disabling a graphics card.

D_o_S

Processor AMD Opteron 144
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling Watercooled - Alphacool Nexxxos XP, BIX2, Eheim HPPS
Memory 2x 512MB OCZ PC 3200EL Platinum Rev.2 (TCCD)
Video Card(s) 2x Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (430/1200)
Storage 4x WD Raptor 740GD in RAID 0
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan L768
Case CM Stacker
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF

Pete2

yeah well your right its F2

thing is i went in ther and i couldnt finda anything about a graphics card only thing closely related to it was Boot power to PCI PCM or something like that would that be something i might want to do because right now it says (function disabled)