• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need serious help with the x800pro->x800xt pe

WinnyTinny

Hi, I just got a PCI-Express VIVO Sapphire X800PRO for Christmas(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102496), and have been looking around about the information about the mod to a x800XT.

I've been checking around and they say to make a DOS boot disk, and I've only seen DOS boot disks that are floppy's. I do not have a floppy drive, and have been wondering can I make a DOS boot disk appropriate for the flash with ANYTHING else, preferably a CD.

Thanks a lot, and if you could provide the easiest link to get the 16 pixel pipelines, I am more grateful.

Thanks so much.

zOaib

System Name BabaJinn's U.F.O
Processor Intel Core i7 975 Extreme @ 3.8 ghz (for now)
Motherboard Asus Rampage Xtreme II X58
Cooling ZALMAN 9900 CPU COOLER Led
Memory 12GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers (Blue Led) 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5 GB DDR5 384-BIT
Storage 2 x WD Velociraptor 10k rpm 300GB sata + 2x 500GB WD Caviar Sata + 320 GB Seagate Barracuda Sata
Display(s) DELL U2711 27inch Goodness @ 2560 x 1440
Case Mountain-Mods U2-UFO Custom Case (Made in USA)
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi MB (Creative)
Power Supply ZALMAN 1000W PSU MODULAR
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Retail Version)
WinnyTinny said:
Hi, I just got a PCI-Express VIVO Sapphire X800PRO for Christmas(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102496), and have been looking around about the information about the mod to a x800XT.

I've been checking around and they say to make a DOS boot disk, and I've only seen DOS boot disks that are floppy's. I do not have a floppy drive, and have been wondering can I make a DOS boot disk appropriate for the flash with ANYTHING else, preferably a CD.

Thanks a lot, and if you could provide the easiest link to get the 16 pixel pipelines, I am more grateful.

Thanks so much.

if u r using ati tool go to overclocking hold down shift and give us the fuses data and i can tell u first if its unlockable or not , thx !

WinnyTinny

Fuses data

My CONFIG_DIE_FUSES is 0xEFF3BFFF
My CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES is 0xFFFFF71E
My CONFIG_ROM_FUSES is 0x861

I saw this check somewhere else, but that was for the AGP versions.
And if any help with DOS boot disks without a floppy can be given, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

It is almost 100% sure that on PCIX PRO card 12 pipes will remain. The fuses shows just that. But you can try the last thing - to connect the left bridge on your core and to conduct the fuse research again. Post your results to see what is possible and what not for your card. Don't loose your faith it is Xmas time ;) .

WinnyTinny

Thanks guys, but I'm not sure if I want to hardmod anything just yet, but I got a fan along with my card, and at the default speeds now it's idle temperature is about 40-45, and when playing games on highest, about 55-65. So I think these are sort of lower temperatures, and this is with my fans at about 50%, so maybe, how much overclocking do you think I could achieve, and how would it compare to the x800xt?

Thanks!

zOaib

System Name BabaJinn's U.F.O
Processor Intel Core i7 975 Extreme @ 3.8 ghz (for now)
Motherboard Asus Rampage Xtreme II X58
Cooling ZALMAN 9900 CPU COOLER Led
Memory 12GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers (Blue Led) 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5 GB DDR5 384-BIT
Storage 2 x WD Velociraptor 10k rpm 300GB sata + 2x 500GB WD Caviar Sata + 320 GB Seagate Barracuda Sata
Display(s) DELL U2711 27inch Goodness @ 2560 x 1440
Case Mountain-Mods U2-UFO Custom Case (Made in USA)
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi MB (Creative)
Power Supply ZALMAN 1000W PSU MODULAR
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Retail Version)
WinnyTinny said:
Thanks guys, but I'm not sure if I want to hardmod anything just yet, but I got a fan along with my card, and at the default speeds now it's idle temperature is about 40-45, and when playing games on highest, about 55-65. So I think these are sort of lower temperatures, and this is with my fans at about 50%, so maybe, how much overclocking do you think I could achieve, and how would it compare to the x800xt?

Thanks!

dont hard mod it unless u are totally sure , as to what u r doing , i know someone here tried that and ended up shutting of his 4 more pipes on an already 12 , so now he was stuck with 8 !;)

WinnyTinny

Wow I'd hate for that to happen, thanks for the warning, I think I will just stick with overclocking since I get some really cool temperatures.

Thanks!