• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New NVIDIA Tesla GPU Smashes World Record in Scientific Computation

bear jesus

System Name Gaming temp// HTPC
Processor AMD A6 5400k // A4 5300
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 PRO4// ASRock FM2A55M-DGS
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-D1284 // stock phenom II HSF
Memory 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance // 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance low profile
Storage 64gb sandisk pulse SSD and 500gb HDD // 500gb HDD
Display(s) acer 22" 1680x1050
Power Supply Seasonic G-450 // Corsair CXM 430W
I dont know if we will ever be able to compute real time life. With the limitations of size the only possible way would be quantum processing.

I think it greatly depends where we go after current silicone chip tech, imagine if those graphene transistors IBM made that can scale up to 155ghz or the indium phosphide and indium gallium arsenide transistor that was made at the university of Illinois that hit 845ghz could be used with current/future architecture and at those speeds, how much power do you think a fermi card would have if the core could run at like 155ghz to 845ghz.

Yes i know it does not really work like that and the max transistor speed does not mean how fast the transistors can work in a chip but my point is there is a bunch of new tech that could replace current form silicone chips that could give one hell of a speed boost, personally i can't wait for us to hit the wall down around 8 or 10nm or whatever it will be.