• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

roochiepoo

Created an account to post my fix.

I found a common cause of this is multiple audio drivers attempting to run at the same time. I had three.
  • one USB sound card
  • One realtek chip on my motherboard
  • One nvidia sound chip on my graphics card.

Go to device manager and disable the ones you don't use and restart PC. Let me know if it works.

traveler18

Hi everyone, I'm back again and I've built a new PC. Still having bad luck with computers I guess. System specs are listed on my profile. I've been having problems with my pc restarting, event log shows Event 41 Kernel Power. It happens while playing Dead Space 3 within 5 minutes, but happens during other games occasionally. I thought it was software, until it started happening in my bios within a few seconds. I've tested the ram, switched both sticks, put them in different slots, etc. I've disabled all power saving options and nothing is overclocked. Usually it's random but I can trigger it in the bios and while playing Dead Space 3. I unplugged the reset wire to see if there was a short but it didn't work. This is the same PSU from my last build though, so I'm not sure if that's the problem. There's no way it can be software, right? If it's happening before the OS even loads. I also unplugged my SSD and HDD and still no luck. I'm not sure what else to do except RMA the mobo and/or the PSU.
I had same problem, although not with high-CPU games, changed the RAM, Power supply, video card. Solved for a while and it started again. Saw another post about power coming in to machine. Changed to two different surge protectors and different wall outlets, and it hasn't happened since...go figure.