• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noob question about raid

Processor Core 2 duo - e8400 @ 3ghz
Motherboard Asus P5k-e
Cooling 1 pumps 2 blocks 2 rads 10x 120mm fans
Memory 4GB - OCZ PC2-8500 1066mhz (4-4-4-15)
Video Card(s) BFG 8800gts
Storage 1x Seagate Barracuda - 160gb SATAII
Display(s) 19" tft
Case Mozart TX
Audio Device(s) X-FI
Power Supply 700w coolermaster
Software xp home
Can anyone help please.

I want to make my hdd into a raid 0 and I'm unsure how, can someone point me to the light please.

I have:

2x Seagate sata2 HDD
2x Sata latch cables
2x Sata power cables

Abit AW9-d max motherboard

I dont have a floppy drive in my system but I can download the raid controller from the website.

what do i need to do????????????:respect:

P

psychomage343

use the manual for your mobo, you wanna go ahead and get a f6 driver disk for your raid setup, make sure you get the right ones for your raid provider. like if you have nvidia raid, then get an nvidia raid driver. you need to use the raid tool in bios or in the raids own bios, usually pops up and asks you to press esc, f10 or etc, set up the raid aray in raid 0 and leave the striping size to default for your first try at raid, continue booting computer with windows install disc in, when you get to the windows install, press f6 when it asks to load raid drivers and when the install asks for raid drivers, put in your floppy disk and install the drivers for your raid, and continue installing windows as normal. *i do not have a floppy drive in my pc either buti always just plug one into the board and power it so i can install windows. if you have a large hdd, you can partition it and the like as well so that you can store stuff you don't want to lose when you redo windows on tose partitions. good luck and happy raiding