• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nVidia Blacklists Hardware Secrets

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I'm not suprised at all. We (NGOHQ) got blacklisted too for being honest, and then they asked their OEM partners not to work with us and not to send us samples. After those tactics failed, they started knocking on our door with legal threats. Only recently a few of their "partners" falsely accused us in hosting malware.

Didn't ATi blacklist NGOHQ also after the PhysX stuff came about? Which is the reason NGOHQ claimed they couldn't test on HD4000 series hardware, because ATi refused to provide any samples?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Didn't ATi blacklist NGOHQ also after the PhysX stuff came about? Which is the reason NGOHQ claimed they couldn't test on HD4000 series hardware, because ATi refused to provide any samples?

AMD just failed to provide PR support in our region (Israel), but they solved that problem for now. Some PR people aren't skilled.

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
maybe thats why wizzard puts those cuda and physx support in the reviews as cons or plusses when he does reviews of video cards :D nvidia you motherf........ !!! :roll:

no, cuz w1zzard always do complete review

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I've never even heard of this site...so I'm guessing it isn't a big loss for nVidia.

And judging from the first line of the article, nVidia isn't the only company they've pissed off and been blacklisted from.

It's good beleive me, and pretty big, I am surprised you don't know them, I have been reading some of their reviews for 4 years.

Ouch, hope it doesn't go that far with HS (or anyone else in the future).

Thanks for posting—I didn't know about NGOHQ before and am checking it out now. Always good to find another source for tech reviews, to double check findings in a world where the integrity of manufacturers and even review sites is sometimes called into question.

NGOHQ have been serving the gfx driver modding community (amongst other things) for a number of years now (not sure if they still tweak though), I have had the pleasure of using some of their "tweaked" drivers in the past.

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
It's good beleive me, and pretty big, I am surprised you don't know them, I have been reading some of their reviews for 4 years.

I read through some of their stuff and it doesn't seem all that good to me. Their video card reviews are completely shit. They only have 5 or 6 cards total, only use 4 real-world game benchmarks, and 2 synthetic, talk nothing about noise, nothing about power consumption.* I've seen better reviews from random people on forums. And then when a graphics card company asked them to throw in a blurb about a few features the card has...you know to make their shit review a little better...they basically tell the graphics card company to go fuck themselves. These people are obviously not the hot shit graphics review site they seem to think they are...:laugh: If I was running a graphics card company, I'd cut them off because their reviews suck balls anyway, no wonder nVidia doesn't want to give them free shit.

*No, I'm not fucking joking, they use 4 games and 2 benchmarks, that is it. Oh, and the review of the GTX260 and nVidia was "unhappy" with, was even more shit. They used a whole 1 game and 1 benchmark! I'm not fucking joking, check it out for yourself. And this guy wants to paint the picture like he is some kind of hot shit graphics card reviewer...give me a break, he is a fucking idiot is what he is.

You know, if I wrote an 8 page review, with only 2 fucking performance tests, I'd be happy to add as much filler as nVidia wanted to make the review less shittacular.:shadedshu

Last edited:
System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Anyone remember what was different about all the initial Fermi reviews? All the cards were from nVidia. No one had one from a AIB partner.

What did Anand complain about in the GTS 250 review last spring? That they couldn't get a card from one of the AIB partners. I think it was later revealed somewhere that Zotac was the one that gave them the card they reviewed and landed Zotac in trouble with nVidia (rumored).

We (NGOHQ) got blacklisted too for being honest, and then they asked their OEM partners not to work with us and not to send us samples. After those tactics failed, they started knocking on our door with legal threats. Only recently a few of their "partners" falsely accused us in hosting malware.

I've always understood it too that review sites went to the partners, for what ever hardware they were wanting to review, to get samples.

This time we have NVIDIA blacklisting us. After we published a review – without any support from them, N.B. – they complained that we didn’t talk about CUDA or PhysX. I replied saying that we weren’t going to talk about these subjects because we thought they were not relevant to the average user, and we usually don’t re-write reviews. I think this is funny, we have to make a lot of effort to get samples because NVIDIA doesn’t help us and then when we publish the review they complain? If they had given us any kind of support or talked to us clarifying why they think commenting these features would make any real sense to the average user we wouldn’t be so frustrated. But all the reasons they gave us were manufactured by their propaganda machine.

Yes he whines, but it is about having to take a lot of effort to get something because he has to get them "through the back door" of the AIB partner or needs to find some one, somewhere to do a review. Not because he is not getting a free sample. Then, after doing all this work to get something, no thanks to nVidia, they are at their "front door" complaining about the review. If nVidia didn't complain about the review I don't think he would care. The problem is they do! :wtf:

From the way I read the article, he's fed up with nVidia about their consistent complaining about his reviews when they are the ones making it difficult to get any of their stuff from their AIB partners whether they buy them from the partners or not. If he gets it for free I can understand cadaveca. Though, from the sounds of the article, I don't think that is the case even for the stuff he doesn't have to work at to get. Maybe he is just allowed to buy early from the AIB partners.

OT: Btw, cadaveca have a pm. I think I may have found a pdf of something from AMD you might be interested in.

They must think that we are a small entity, forgetting that I am also the editor-in-chief of Clube do Hardware, the largest website about computers in Brazil, with 20 million pageviews and 7.5 million visitors per month – yes, this website is bigger than most North-American reviewing websites (all reviews posted on Hardware Secrets are also posted on Clube do Hardware).

Just in case anyone was wondering why some site no one really knows about anymore in the States gets so much flack from nVidia about their reviews.

W

wahdangun

I'm not suprised at all. We (NGOHQ) got blacklisted too for being honest, and then they asked their OEM partners not to work with us and not to send us samples. After those tactics failed, they started knocking on our door with legal threats. Only recently a few of their "partners" falsely accused us in hosting malware.

wow, nvdia really hit a new low right now.

btw what do you mean

"We are the on the blacklist too for being honest. Then they asked their OEM partners not to work with us and not to send us samples. After those tactics failed, they started knocking on our door with legal threats. By they way, did anyone notice that Guru3D and HardOCP haven't mentioned a single word on the latest PhysX development?"

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
huh, i think i have a suspicion as to why ATI card reviews here get a negative for not supporting cuda/physx...

sorry, but if Gabe had to go retail or to a 3rd party vendor for his cards, NV wouldnt give two shits what Gabe wrote (excuse my french). If Gabe got himself blacklisted, it wasnt for the lack of mentioning Cuda in a review that he paid for.

back when i reviewed for 3chipset, antec had a go at me for giving a negative review for one of their cases that i purchased myself. I didnt cover some things they thought important (water cooling tube hole things) and did cover stuff they didnt like - such as certain PSU's (those with 120mm fans) not working well in the case.

Ok, I can go with that. In order for him to get free stuff he has to mention Physx. Even I'm not 100% ok with that, I can certainly live with it. I don't think the article would have been biased if the author had mentioned PhysX and I don't consider the article unbiased because he didn't.

But I think his reasoning is valid. Quite frankly, PhysX doesn't matter. When I go to buy a graphics card, is PhysX even on my list of considerations? No. Not at all. Not even a little bit. How many games support PhysX now, like three?

What I'm saying is that to the majority of even gamers, PhysX doesn't affect them. I'll admit it's a very promising and interesting technology.

in order to get support from them AT ALL, you have to mention them in a good light. even if the product sucks you have to sing its praises as best you can, without making it seem like a bad product.

Really, I don't even consider PhysX, it is an after thought. My main rig doesn't even support it, and I don't miss it.

However, I don't feel that completely ignoring PhysX and CUDA support, when it does in fact affect games, when reviewing cards directed at Gamers is a poor practice. Just as I would think ignoring Eyefinity would be a poor practice.

But the main point I was trying to make was that he is very hypocritical, on more than one issue. PhysX isn't relevent, but Eyefinity is. We have to make a lot of effort to get samples because nVidia doesn't help us, pat us on the back, but we want to bitch about it at the same time, while it is obvious ATi isn't really up to helping us either, but we won't mention that.

And while we are on the subject of them talking out of both sides of their mouth; he goes on about how he has to go through so much effort to get samples because nVidia won't supply them, yet his 3rd to last nVidia review is of a non-branded GTX260 Core 216, that was published on the day of the card's launch. Now I wonder where he got that?:rolleyes:

CUDA means nothing to gamers, and physX only has ~15 titles that even support it (and less than 5 big name titles). it really is irrelevant to gamers.

you guys do a few 'dodgy' mods every now and then :p its no wonder they hate you (not that i think you're in the wrong :D)

wow, nvdia really hit a new low right now.

btw what do you mean

"We are the on the blacklist too for being honest. Then they asked their OEM partners not to work with us and not to send us samples. After those tactics failed, they started knocking on our door with legal threats.By they way, did anyone notice that Guru3D and HardOCP haven't mentioned a single word on the latest PhysX development?"

no surprises there, boohoo3D has always been dubious at best, and filled with fanbois.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
I read through some of their stuff and it doesn't seem all that good to me. Their video card reviews are completely shit. They only have 5 or 6 cards total, only use 4 real-world game benchmarks, and 2 synthetic, talk nothing about noise, nothing about power consumption.* I've seen better reviews from random people on forums. And then when a graphics card company asked them to throw in a blurb about a few features the card has...you know to make their shit review a little better...they basically tell the graphics card company to go fuck themselves. These people are obviously not the hot shit graphics review site they seem to think they are...:laugh: If I was running a graphics card company, I'd cut them off because their reviews suck balls anyway, no wonder nVidia doesn't want to give them free shit.

*No, I'm not fucking joking, they use 4 games and 2 benchmarks, that is it. Oh, and the review of the GTX260 and nVidia was "unhappy" with, was even more shit. They used a whole 1 game and 1 benchmark! I'm not fucking joking, check it out for yourself. And this guy wants to paint the picture like he is some kind of hot shit graphics card reviewer...give me a break, he is a fucking idiot is what he is.

You know, if I wrote an 8 page review, with only 2 fucking performance tests, I'd be happy to add as much filler as nVidia wanted to make the review less shittacular.:shadedshu

Shit..... calm down to a frenzy..... if you read the Op piece, NVidia came back to them AFTER they did the review to complain that they should have mentioned the CUDA/Physx stuff, I would have thought that if a card company wanted reviewers to say or review certain things or make "specific" comment then they should make that clear from the offset?

The point is here, I am not defending or attacking either side.... why? because at the end of the day, this is "3rd party" information, irrespective of your comments regarding the quality of their reviews, I have found that for both ATi and NVidia reviews, they largly tend to be un-biased, that for me in itself puts them in the top 20% of reviewing sites.

I cannot disagree with your comments about the GTX260 review, however in contrast, if you look at the GTX295 review (of course I am not suggesting you were in any way selective in your example :)), you will see a couple of synthetic benchmarks in there and 5 games popular at the time of release, the 295 was compared with about 15 other Gfx cards but I do take note of your comments, as I said, the honesty of a particular review is my most important feature, little point of selected 25 competative cards tested in 30 games if you only select 2 resolutions and detail levels to show off the strengths of a product...... I am sure you as well as me could name a couple of sites at least like that :D

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Zotac-GeForce-GTX-295-Video-Card-Review/693/8

You know me well enough to know that I have a history of owning both ATi and Nvidia cards, so I would be grateful if you don't go into your "NVidia defensive mode" with me, you know I am no fanboi.

Last edited:

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
GO AMD/ATI!!! Nvidia the End is near(at least in this gen) :D

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64

Your right because Guru was talking about 3D surround and some other Cuda app and [H] was talking out both sides of their mouth in their review. Where is 3D surround anyway? Think we will make it in June?

I couldn't figure out if [H] thought the 470/480 was good or not because in one sentence it was about how loud and little improvement over the 5850 and 5870 there was along with the higher price. Then, they hailed the 470/480 as the most awesome thing since it allowed you to use this setting on Metro because you have teh nVidia 480 card. Did you know it can do 9 billion x AA at 2560x1600?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
in one sentence it was about how loud and little improvement over the 5850 and 5870 there was along with the higher price. Then, they hailed the 470/480 as the most awesome thing since it allowed you to use this setting on Metro because you have teh nVidia 480 card.

the clearest sign of a sponsored review.

Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11
lol that's just Hardware Secrets tiring to get free video cards out of both ATI and NVIDIA and there crying about it because nvidia dont give away freebies haha how about go out a buy one you bunch off sooks.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
lol that's just Hardware Secrets tiring to get free video cards out of both ATI and NVIDIA and there crying about it because nvidia got give away freebies haha how about go out a buy one you bunch off sooks.

no its not. they asked for samples, got refused... and now that they did an independent review which DIDNT praise every feature of the cards, nvidia has shunned them.

you cant expect people to give you bonus points if you refuse to even send them samples.

W

wahdangun

huh, i think i have a suspicion as to why ATI card reviews here get a negative for not supporting cuda/physx...

back when i reviewed for 3chipset, antec had a go at me for giving a negative review for one of their cases that i purchased myself. I didnt cover some things they thought important (water cooling tube hole things) and did cover stuff they didnt like - such as certain PSU's (those with 120mm fans) not working well in the case.

in order to get support from them AT ALL, you have to mention them in a good light. even if the product sucks you have to sing its praises as best you can, without making it seem like a bad product.

CUDA means nothing to gamers, and physX only has ~15 titles that even support it (and less than 5 big name titles). it really is irrelevant to gamers.

you guys do a few 'dodgy' mods every now and then :p its no wonder they hate you (not that i think you're in the wrong :D)

no surprises there, boohoo3D has always been dubious at best, and filled with fanbois.

yeah i don't go to guru3d because of that, too many fanboy.

btw why wizz never mention eyefinity,stream in his review ? and i hope TPU still independent because i trust wizz than any other site

Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11
NVIDIA send out samples all over the place its up to nvivdia who they send them to.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600

Hey, PhysX is used in more big name titles then he uses in his reviews...:roll:

Anyway, I've said it is pretty irrelevent already, but not totally as he wants to say. It is in games, current games use it, so just mention it. It isn't that hard to add the line in at the end of the features page, is it? He writes a whole paragraphs about eyefinity, on graphics cards that aren't powerful enough to use it, but flat out refuses to even mention PhysX and CUDA? That is just hypocritical bullshit.

Shit..... calm down to a frenzy..... if you read the Op piece, NVidia came back to them AFTER they did the review to complain that they should have mentioned the CUDA/Physx stuff, I would have thought that if a card company wanted reviewers to say or review certain things or make "specific" comment then they should make that clear from the offset?

The point is here, I am not defending or attacking either side.... why? because at the end of the day, this is "3rd party" information, irrespective of your comments regarding the quality of their reviews, I have found that for both ATi and NVidia reviews, they largly tend to be un-biased, that for me in itself puts them in the top 20% of reviewing sites.

I cannot disagree with your comments about the GTX260 review, however in contrast, if you look at the GTX295 review (of course I am not suggesting you were in any way selective in your example :)), you will see a couple of synthetic benchmarks in there and 5 games popular at the time of release, the 295 was compared with about 15 other Gfx cards but I do take note of your comments, as I said, the honesty of a particular review is my most important feature, little point of selected 25 competative cards tested in 30 games if you only select 2 resolutions and detail levels to show off the strengths of a product...... I am sure you as well as me could name a couple of sites at least like that :D

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Zotac-GeForce-GTX-295-Video-Card-Review/693/8

You know me well enough to know that I have a history of owning both ATi and Nvidia cards, so I would be grateful if you don't go into your "NVidia defensive mode" with me, you know I am no fanboi.

It isn't that I'm in nVidia defensive mode, if he was talking about ATi doing it my comments would be the same. He is an idiotic jackass that thinks he's hot shit, and he really sucks at what he does.

Even the best of his reviews, yes I picked a few of the more recent really shittacular ones, was pretty poor.

Yes, nVidia came back after he wrote ther review, a review with a whole 1 game banchmark at 1 resolution and 1 synthetic benchmark at 1 resolution, and asked for him to mention PhysX and CUDA, and they didn't even provide the sample. And what did he do.? He put on his hot shit reviewer pants and told nvidia to go fuck themselves. Yeah, what did he really expect?

And his responsces were complete BS, which probably pissed nVidia off even more.

PhysX and CUDA isn't relevent: Ok, I can sort of buy that, if you didn't put an entire paragraph in your ATi reviews about eyefinity, which is just as irrelevent to the average user. On top of that, when you are expecting support from a company, don't insult them by telling them their techology is useless. You don't bite the hand that feeds.

We don't go back and re-write reviews: Ok, that is total bullshit. How is slipping in one sentence re-writing the review? Watch, "This card also supports CUDA, nVidia's GPGPU technology, and PhysX, nVidia's propriatary physics engine." Bam, done. I'll even give him permission to copy and past that into his review. Do that, problem solved, nVidia gives you free shit again. See, no need for a big whiney blog post about how nVidia doesn't want to give a crappy reviewer more free samples.

Please do not take this hostility as me being hostile towards you. I have a huge respect for you Tatty. However, hypocritical crap like this really gets under my skin, and it is made even worse when people act like they are huge hot shots, and they aren't. Those two things are my biggest pet peeves, put them together and it pisses me off to no end. My hostility is for him, not you.

no its not. they asked for samples, got refused... and now that they did an independent review which DIDNT praise every feature of the cards, nvidia has shunned them.

you cant expect people to give you bonus points if you refuse to even send them samples.

The thing is nVidia didn't ask him to praise anything, they just asked him to mention it. Slip a little blurb in saying the cards support it. No opinion necessary. Hell, he probably could have even followed it up with a sentence saying he doesn't find either technology particularly relevent to the average users if he really wanted to.

I think the reverse situation is more accurate, when you're putting your hand out trying to get something for free, don't expect to get much when you refuse to even make an accurate feature list.

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
NVIDIA send out samples all over the place its up to nvivdia who they send them to.

yeah but nvidia didn't send sample to them and they made a independent/self-bought unbiased review and nvidia became unrightfully mad them.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
lol that's just Hardware Secrets tiring to get free video cards out of both ATI and NVIDIA and there crying about it because nvidia dont give away freebies haha how about go out a buy one you bunch off sooks.

Cause by the time they are available retail we'll have them also so we will know the performance I guess.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
That's where this reeks thought Tatty One...a review doesn't need to be on launch day, unless you are concerned about that traffic that sort of thing brings.

I can't see any reason for that "article" to have been published, that wasn't quite selfish in nature. It's not like it's gonna build any bridges with nV...

I wish it wasn't so, but that's typical of all whining..."I didn't get what I want" is what I hear from my kids. Now this guy is acting like my little kids...not the 9 or 7 year olds...the 2 and 3 year olds.

It doesn't realyl matter why he actually feels this way...his article very clearly states he feels entitled to more, however, he's even pointed out why he really ISN'T entitled to anything that he is complaining about.

A honest, impartial site, wouldn't really worry about page hits from not having hardware on launch day...doesn't seem to be something W1zz is complaining about...TPU doesn't always have stuff on launch...

I mean, look at all the disagreement here in this thread...this guy's like some old hag sitting at the cauldron, stirring up a stinky mess...everyone knows it stinks, but it's hard to place the source...

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
That's where this reeks thought Tatty One...a review doesn't need to be on launch day, unless you are concerned about that traffic that sort of thing brings.

I can't see any reason for that article to ahve been published, that wasn't quite selfish in nature.

I wish it wasn't so, but that's typical of all whining..."I didn't get what I want" is what I hear from my kids. Now this guy is acting like my little kids...not the 9 or 7 year olds...the 2 and 3 year olds.

I agree, but the reviews most read, certainly by enthusiasts is before everyone has the opportunity to buy one.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah...so for that, I understand his issue...but at the same time, there's much better ways to deal with things like this.

I mean, I'm very much anti-nV...but I find myself on thier side...that's pretty sad.

I mean, if that is whatthis is truly about...missing traffic due to lack of launch articles...and ergo a lack of page hit revenue to buy more goods...then he should just say so.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
I agree, but the reviews most read, certainly by enthusiasts is before everyone has the opportunity to buy one.

I definitely agree with that. However, I don't think that is a priority for him, otherwise he would be whining about ATi also, since all of his HD5000 reviews came weeks after launch of the cards.

In fact, of the few graphics card reviews I read of his, the only one that was published on launch day, was of the nVidia GTX260 Core216 that obviously came as a sample direct from nVidia.

System Name NZXT "Reventador"
Processor Intel 3770K @4.5ghz
Motherboard Asus z77 Sabertooth
Cooling Corsair 100i
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8gb) 1866 CL9
Video Card(s) Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X @1100mhz core/1400mhz mem
Storage Western Digital Black 1TB
Display(s) 32" Samsung LCD TV
Case Modded NZXT Phantom 820
Audio Device(s) n/a
Power Supply Corsair Gaming series 800W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate w/ SP1