• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER to Feature 20GB Memory, Based on AD102

System Name Very old, but all I've got ®
Processor So old, you don't wanna know... Really!
Excuse me, please for another long and retarded post.

Yes but will it run new games at over 30fps? Because it seems that with newest ones, you can spend 1000$ on a GPU and it still does not guarantee max settings and 60fps.
Exactly! Remember this? A "holy grail" of Cyberpunk and Ray Tracing? Years have passed, and top nvidia cards still struggle with RTX in that game.
Each generation, they say the very same marketing bullsh*t all over again. Each is just to be replaced with yet another "the very best ever" in couple of years. And each gen is somehow still not enough for native performance without frame "generation".

As someone mentioned before the good old days when you spent 600-700$ on a top of the line GPU and you actually feel like you have top of the line hardware.
I can't agree with that. Once I bought myself the mighty 4870X2. The most powerful card at the time, for $630, while the rest of the world had it for $550, couple month before crisis hit, and being fired. The worst VGA I ever used. Not to mention, that it was very faulty. It's been RMAed, and replacement ended up being defective as well.

Thus I have been taught the hard way of how to pay for high-end/premium products. Now even lowest end ones priced as premium.

Probably going to see the current 4080 drop to $1100, the 4080 Super come in at $1399 while the 4090 maintains its even more outlandish price.
Well. Yeah. Why should they lower prices, if they just can stack their price above older generation?

If I'm not mistaken, this was even said during with the announcement of the RTX lineup. Sorry, can't find the direct quote.
There's huge concern, that nVidia would repeat the same move as with original"Super" series. With H100 being bought out like hot cakes, there is no incentive to drop the prices. This Super stuff is just testing the waters. A desperate push of greed.

I even am somewhat sure, that NV will artificaly split classes and add as much artifical segmentation, as much and as long as they can. Who can stop them? Same goes for AMD.

This is the result, that people have bought into this hostile pricing pattern. People agreed to pay more for newer generation, that used to replace previous ones with the same price. Yes, newer nodes, R&D are expensive. But they were expensive always. The companies used pay millions if not billions into the development in all times.

And the one interesting thing to note: when everything becomes more expensive, like R&D, materials, logistics etc, it should eat up the profits and margins, not increase them by 60-70% plus numbers. No?

If that was/is that expensive, Nvidia wouldn't become a trillion bucks company. And AMD went to MCM for GPUs to make production cheaper. It should have lower the cost. They even did conferences how this should make GPUS even more affordable. Instead they just hiked prices, because they can.

The saddest thing, in many countries, the sellers place AMD products at the same pricing as Nvidia ones, despite they being much cheaper than the last.

"Welcome to RTX family"
I think Nvidia and AMD should have a word with game devs.
Their top tier cards aren't able to play most recent games at decent framerates.
That's more of a Dev problem, and its making their top tier cards look like crap.

Every game wants to be the next 'Crysis'....
Yes. They should have like one and a half decade ago. The another reason beyond bad drivers, ATI/AMD being accused of for ages, is "lack of game support".
People confused the support of the developers with nVidia's, basically bribes behind the curtains. And took that as granted. But... instead of finding out the problems, and demand the justice and equity, they joined the game.

Surely, development costs a huge lot of money. And optimising for various different HW is pain. However, none of the GPU makers should ever have any influence on developers. That should be prohibited altogether. Not even be in contact, unless the software/game developer asks for assistance, or notifies of a problem. They should make sure, that games work equally as good/not hindered, for all vendors and their HW that support the technologies the games are based on.

I'm not the developer myself, but I still consider as crime, when developers can "prefer" one vendor over other, as this directly affect the sales and brand recognition. Doesn't matter be it Nvidia, AMD, or Intel. The devs should instead use the universal technologies and instruction sets available in game industry.
The only interest the vendor should have for their HW to work as supposed. The only time when the performance may vary, is indeed due to lack of certain feature/instructions/technologies.
That worth mentioning, that it was AMD which first presented RT back in 2016. And this is AMD, that pushed the stuff, that is being called Vulcan and HBM nowadays.

And yes, game devs want their game to be another Crysis, because this grants them "incentives" for pushing the GPU sales. Except this time they are utterly out of touch, and people won't run to buy the latest and greatest. Just because they cannot. The udders are dry.

Please, show me an example of this graphical advance because I haven't seen anything impressive enough compared to what was around 4 years ago running smoothly on GPUs with 1/3 the performance of current high-end GPUs... You know well that they are bringing nothing to the table but broken games.
Yeah. Either they did reach their limits. Or considering the power and performance room of current hardware, the publishers just got lazy, and don't want for devs to fix and optimize games. Everyone wants to be Google Chomium.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jun
System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
They should just drop the 4080 and replace it with this.
Just NO. :shadedshu: They should (and will) keed the non "Super" versions & drop their prices to compete with AMD's better performing (rasterized) and better RAM equipped offerings.

The 20GB RAM is also a nice bonus, and when you look at upcoming game releases a future proofing requirement. Catching up to a selling point of the 7900 XT.

Considering AD102 based GPUs have shipping restrictions with China, Nvidia would benefit more from utilizing more of the untapped AD103.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
I didn't agree. GPU architectures isn't bodybuilders to make poses with their muscles.

Despite what you say, it has been the case for more than a decade.

Just NO. :shadedshu: They should (and will) keed the non "Super" versions & drop their prices to compete with AMD's better performing (rasterized) and better RAM equipped offerings.

They should but they won't. They whole point of the super variant is to perform a price action last time it to hike prices w/o directly hiking prices. This time to keep prices pegged where they are currently, i.e instead of dropping the price on the 4000 series, release something 'new' that costs the same to protect their margins. Doesn't make sense for them to keep the 4080 after they run through existing stock since they'd be splitting their wafer budget. As for AMD, they'll probably also do what they did last time and sandwich problematic AMD cards between two super models. For $50 less you can get more or less the same perf or for $50 more you can get more perf than the AMD card.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz all 8 cores.
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M Plus
Cooling Arctic Cooler Freezer 12
Memory 64GB Micron dual-channel @ 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 4090 OC
Storage 5TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) LG C3 42'' 4K OLED Display
Case AeroCool
Audio Device(s) Realtek + Edifier R1900T II + Sony Subwoofer
Power Supply MSi MPG A850G 850W
Mouse Multilaser MO277
Keyboard T-Dagger Destroyer (mechanical)
Software Windows 11 Pro Beta Ring
Nah, I'd bet a slice of pie that it's based on the full AD103 chip(5-10% faster than 4080) and will have an MSRP of U$1200, 4080 will drop U$100.
If it's to be called "4080 super" you're right.

If it's to be called "4080ti", it should be based on the 102 chip, as in the 20XX gen.

They should just drop the 4080 and replace it with this.
4080 is the actual 4070 Ti, just rebadge it and lower it to $799. Existing 4070 Ti should be the $599 4070, 4070 should be the $499 4060 Ti, 4060 Ti 8GB should be the 4060, 4060 should be the 4050 @ $249.

As for price, 4080 Super should be $999. 7900XT should be $699, 7900XTX $899.

AMD now will need a refresh as they will have nothing of interest until early 2026 with RDNA5.

this should have been the 4080 from day one and cost 699€.
No. Not only is that not going to happen, it would be a very bad business move for NVidia.

I won't be surprised if the RTX 4080 retains its core, extend it to full use, remains at 16GB and bumps overall performance by maybe 5-6%
I would be shocked if that's all they did. 10-15% bump in performance, bare minimum.

BTW, who called it, eh? The 4070Super and 4060Super are very likely next.

Last edited:
System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
Not gonna happen.
The defective AD102 chips are for RTX 5000 Ada

In the leather jacket perspective, why sell you the AD102 chip in $1200 when it can be sold as RTX 5000 Ada for $4000 ....

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Please, show me an example of this graphical advance because I haven't seen anything impressive enough compared to what was around 4 years ago running smoothly on GPUs with 1/3 the performance of current high-end GPUs... You know well that they are bringing nothing to the table but broken games.
If that is how you feel that there hasn't been any graphical advances in 4 years, what am I going to show you to change your mind? Sucks that your eyes are failing you... /shrugs

If the fastest gaming GPU in the world cannot handle the game, then it's on the game developers and not the GPU manufactures for poor performance. The first rule in making a game is to make a game people can actually play.
I fundamentally disagree with your argument... Basically every game on the market can be played on current GPUs by reducing the settings. I hate having to do so, but that is my option at this time. Just to think I can't even use path at all, but I can still play the game.

The performance gap between the RTX 3090 Ti and the RTX 4090 is huge, along with the RX 6950 XT and the RX 7900 XTX, in both older and newer games. Its mostly Ray Tracing and Path Tracing which are bringing GPUs to their knees, and these are just halo, show-it-off graphics technologies.

Game developers are supposed to push advancements in gameplay while optimizing the engine/graphics renderer they are building their games in. Either Unreal Engine 5 is unoptimized itself or AAA game developers are lazy AF. I tend to think the latter, considering Fortnite still runs just as it was in UE4 at competitive graphics settings.
I'm aware, we are saying the same thing bro... As for the second part, like all UE versions before this, Devs need time to learn the engine. With that said, Devs shouldn't release the game in piss-poor state either. Is it the Devs' fault or the Publisher's? ...or is it the Consumer's fault for buying pre-orders? I believe if the End-user stopped buying broken games on launch day we wouldn't have this problem.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
The strategy is not to sell millions of these, but for people to be bombarded with brand-awareness-loyalty building marketing copy, that will make them favour team green when it comes to their low- or mid- level purchase.

I wonder how many years I will have to wait until decent RT comes to the EUR 300-400 price range.

Don't take this personally, it's not aimed at you... I just wish I saw such armchair analysis as to why AMD releases something like the 6750 and 7900 GRE, which you aren't even going to see in Western markets outside of OEM channels and isn't equally slammed for it. Instead, we see praise, as if they're championing something by re-releasing old or low-grade hardware at lower MSRPs in laser-targeted channels that won't benefit anyone building a PC.

While I can't speak to everyone's disposition, I look at this chart a hint toward the future:

View attachment 318654

Is this a hint toward the future as well?

ps. a kitten dies every time someone writes nVIDIA or nVidia. Have a heart.

I have a feeling we'll see a completely non deserved price jump with all the Super models.

Nvidia will explain it with manufacturing capacities being completely occupied with Hopper AI chips.

They will also market the new RTX Super models as especially capable in generative AI and other compute tasks due to their larger memory capacity, and I'm sure they'll make up some other silly reasons (like more optimized something - drivers, process...).

They will want to distance themselves from the joystick wanking gamers as much as possible, even to the point it will be hurting their income. AI bussines is their real leaping stone to big league, and they can't be catering to kindergarden primadonnas wasting their lives as their focus. It will be about sending the message to the IT world - "We're all in on AI!"

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 POOPER Founder's Edition - $1499, Limited Quantities, Genuine Turd in a Baggie included guaranteed to be fresh from Jensen's toilet.

Best preorder. These are going to move fast and you don't want to miss out. Btw, shipping is $129.99.

7900 XTX George Foreman special edition - embrace the vapor chamber grill - $1469 only, take that nGREEDIA! Oh no. There's the styling. Sorry, random kitten. Free shipping though.

It never ceases to amaze me the pure and utter hatred that the regulars here have for Nvidia. If like 10% of this effort was coordinated at getting AMD to improve their graphics products, the RDNA 4 integrated chips would be beating out 4090's.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
It never ceases to amaze me the pure and utter hatred that the regulars here have for Nvidia.

I don't think poking fun at Nvidia is hatred. I see people getting tired of their pricing bullshit. AMD as a 2nd tier company with shareholders have to follow the lead. If Nvidia released price sensible products in terms of market affordability, then AMD would really have to push hard to make something matter, otherwise, their prices would have to flatline to compete. But Nv pushing prices so high, means AMD can raise them too to appease their own shareholders.

I think Nv treats the gaming consumer base with contempt. It's decision to hyper inflate card prices (my budget model 4070ti at £800, is a prime example) shows that much. It's absolutely all right to give them a hard time, just as it is to give AMD a hard time for trying to do the same (although again, shareholder expectations tie AMD pricing in sync with Nvidia).

It would be lovely to think a 4080 super would push the 4080 down in price, but at this point, I see three cards getting priced above 1k for Nvidia, which is just plain nuts from a consumer standpoint. It is this behaviour that turns people away (often necessarily in financial terms).

Yeah, this has nothing to do with AMD.

People wanted to buy their graphics cards, preferrably at or under the price of latest gaming console.

We had several cryptoinsanities in last couple of years.

RTX "tax".

"Moore's Law is dead … It's completely over, and so the idea that a chip is going to go down in cost over time, unfortunately, is a story of the past."

Now I'm sure we're already in an era where price hikes will be explained by the surging demands for AI hardware (also, making gaming cards unaffordable to gamers will be good marketing on how commited Nvidia is to AI).

What's not to hate here?

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
20GB can't wait for 4080 Super/Ti
I hope the price drops are good too for the rest of lineup

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX
Software Windows 11
Nope, just not performant enough. We need 4090 performance in the 4080 series now. Too many new and upcoming games are getting unplayable on the 4080 now. For the price, it's a complete rip-off. The 50x0 series is badly needed right now, not a gimped 4080 refresh.

20GB can't wait for 4080 Super/Ti
I hope the price drops are good too for the rest of lineup
I promise you, the extra 4GB is only there so nGreedia can charge at least an extra $100 over what they ask for the 4080 right now. So $1300 for a card that can only do 4K60 with DLSS enabled in modern and upcoming games. I will use my brain instead and wait for the 50x0 series.

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
I wonder how many years I will have to wait until decent RT comes to the EUR 300-400 price range.
About 20 if nothing extraordinary happens.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
I don't think poking fun at Nvidia is hatred. I see people getting tired of their pricing bullshit. AMD as a 2nd tier company with shareholders have to follow the lead. If Nvidia released price sensible products in terms of market affordability, then AMD would really have to push hard to make something matter, otherwise, their prices would have to flatline to compete. But Nv pushing prices so high, means AMD can raise them too to appease their own shareholders.
Call me silly but in my mind, the company that has 10-15-20% market share is the one that should be trying to compete - lower prices. Not the one that has 80%. When nvidia knows (and they know, cause it has happened for the last 6-7 years now) whatever they release, at whatever price, people will buy it BECAUSE AMD will offer an inferior product for a similar amount of money (okay, maybe with a 50€ discount) what is the incentive for nvidia to lower it's prices? This gen was extra fascinating, cause some nvidia cards on top of having more and better features and lower power draw, much higher RT performance, they even had better Raster performance per dollar, which is absolutely absurd. Check the launch prices of 4070ti vs the 7900xt, the 4070ti had higher raster per $. But people feel the need to blame nvidia even when amd is doing even worse in some cases.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Call me silly but in my mind, the company that has 10-15-20% market share is the one that should be trying to compete - lower prices. Not the one that has 80%. When nvidia knows (and they know, cause it has happened for the last 6-7 years now) whatever they release, at whatever price, people will buy it BECAUSE AMD will offer an inferior product for a similar amount of money (okay, maybe with a 50€ discount) what is the incentive for nvidia to lower it's prices? This gen was extra fascinating, cause some nvidia cards on top of having more and better features and lower power draw, much higher RT performance, they even had better Raster performance per dollar, which is absolutely absurd. Check the launch prices of 4070ti vs the 7900xt, the 4070ti had higher raster per $. But people feel the need to blame nvidia even when amd is doing even worse in some cases.
AMD offers similar raster performance for way lower prices right now. 7600 vs 4060: 25% cheaper, 7800 XT vs 4070: 12% cheaper, 7900 XTX vs 4080: 25% cheaper. People buy Nvidia because it's Nvidia. They're sold on the "AMD is shit, boo" bandwagon that the internet is loud of. A friend of mine said to me once that he could never ever in his life imagine owning an AMD card. One day, I chatted with a colleague about games and PC parts. He upgraded a 3070 to a 3080 because he needed more performance. Then he asked me what card I had. When I said AMD 6750 XT, he said he had no idea what that was or how it compared to Nvidia - it was completely alien to him. This is what keeps up Nvidia's market share, not the complete yawnfest that the 40 series is.

Don't take this personally, it's not aimed at you... I just wish I saw such armchair analysis as to why AMD releases something like the 6750 and 7900 GRE, which you aren't even going to see in Western markets outside of OEM channels and isn't equally slammed for it. Instead, we see praise, as if they're championing something by re-releasing old or low-grade hardware at lower MSRPs in laser-targeted channels that won't benefit anyone building a PC.

Is this a hint toward the future as well?

ps. a kitten dies every time someone writes nVIDIA or nVidia. Have a heart.

The simple solution is to turn off ray tracing. I'm willing to bet the above figures were taken from "Dogtown" where there's suppose to be a LOT of activity going on, so it shouldn't be surprising. Imo, the horsepower to drive the technology just isn't there yet for these more ambitious games and probably won't be for at least another two graphics card generations. I think ray tracing is more useful for rendering still-shots of a scene rather than trying to do 60+fps with everything set to max. Maybe some of these game designers didn't get the memos that SLI is dead + graphics cards are getting bigger, more power hungry & expensive, so its not as if we're able to have like 3-4 of these things in the same rig in order to enjoy ray tracing with ultra-settings in games at a reasonable frame rate(or price for that matter).

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
AMD offers similar raster performance for way lower prices right now. 7600 vs 4060: 25% cheaper, 7800 XT vs 4070: 12% cheaper, 7900 XTX vs 4080: 25% cheaper. People buy Nvidia because it's Nvidia. They're sold on the "AMD is shit, boo" bandwagon that the internet is loud of. A friend of mine said to me that he could never ever in his life imagine owning an AMD card. One day, I chatted with a colleague about games and PC parts. He upgraded a 3070 to a 3080 because he needed more performance. Then he asked me what card I had. When I said AMD 6750 XT, he said he had no idea what that was or how it compared to Nvidia - it was completely alien to him. This is what keeps up Nvidia's market share, not the complete yawnfest that the 40 series is.
Where are you getting your prices from? For products that were released close to each other, you should compare msrps. In which case, as I've said already, 4070ti vs 7900xt, the nvidia part has better performance per raster, on top of every other benefit it has.

If people are not buying amd because of brandname, why is amd out selling intel in the cpu space? Or - even in the gpu space? Something doesn't add up to your explanation.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Where are you getting your prices from? For products that were released close to each other, you should compare msrps. In which case, as I've said already, 4070ti vs 7900xt, the nvidia part has better performance per raster, on top of every other benefit it has.
Scan UK, 24th Oct, 2023, 8:45 UTC. I don't compare MSRP because I don't buy for MSRP. Simple as that.

If people are not buying amd because of brandname, why is amd out selling intel in the cpu space? Or - even in the gpu space? Something doesn't add up to your explanation.
CPUs have nothing to do with GPUs. Ryzen is a highly esteemed name. Radeon isn't.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Scan UK, 24th Oct, 2023, 8:45 UTC. I don't compare MSRP because I don't buy for MSRP. Simple as that.
Sure but market prices are dictated by sales. If nobody buys amd gpus of course prices will drop. That's not the point. If you want to compare greediness between companies, you have to compare msrps.
CPUs have nothing to do with GPUs. Ryzen is a highly esteemed name. Radeon isn't.
That is just not true. 10 years ago Radeon had over 40% of the marketshare. That's because they were making good cards. Now they arent

How is ryzen a highly esteemed name? It's a much newer brand than Radeon. Obviously because they made good products. Radeon has stopped doing that for many many years. Thinking that nvidia sells because of brand name is just full copium.

Starting from the pascal era (2015) amd has been nonstop failing. Too late to the market, not competitive with nvidias high end cards, exorbitant prices, very limited availability. They are not selling cause they are failing on multiple fronts