• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Officially Drops Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

in the end like with AMD cards it may not matter seeing older games may not work after driver 12.6 anyway . why I had to go back to NVidia [all games work well even with there latest . amd cant do that .

retro gamers ?? like me I srtill run XP , vista 7 [ no way in heck that malware ''service ''called win-10 ] even with this 900 card I can still use xp with it but a older driver , really a later driver is not needed . thing is in the end is how your new latest stuff is more proprietary as ever and you now build as they see fit not as you need to fit your needs anymore

think . we make it all and force you to that malware service called 10 only or it don't work , were able to cut our workforce seeing we don't need them for any support outside of 10 and still charge 500 bucks for a hardware .

its all win , win for them and now you spend your money to support them instead of them supporting you and your needs .

I look for win- 7 and 8's to be gone this time next year it will be win-10 or nothing / or you got nothing . well Linux for all non gaming uses . matter of fact that all Microsoft got going for them today anyway is there strangle hold on PC gaming . if it was not for that why use it anyway when Linux covers the rest easy for free .?

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
in the end like with AMD cards it may not matter seeing older games may not work after driver 12.6 anyway . why I had to go back to NVidia [all games work well even with there latest . amd cant do that .

retro gamers ?? like me I srtill run XP , vista 7 [ no way in heck that malware ''service ''called win-10 ] even with this 900 card I can still use xp with it but a older driver , really a later driver is not needed . thing is in the end is how your new latest stuff is more proprietary as ever and you now build as they see fit not as you need to fit your needs anymore

think . we make it all and force you to that malware service called 10 only or it don't work , were able to cut our workforce seeing we don't need them for any support outside of 10 and still charge 500 bucks for a hardware .

its all win , win for them and now you spend your money to support them instead of them supporting you and your needs .

I look for win- 7 and 8's to be gone this time next year it will be win-10 or nothing / or you got nothing . well Linux for all non gaming uses . matter of fact that all Microsoft got going for them today anyway is there strangle hold on PC gaming . if it was not for that why use it anyway when Linux covers the rest easy for free .?
Please give your tired old AMD nonsense a rest. It’s completely untrue and every time you spout it(which seems to be every chance you get) you are corrected, yet here it is again. That issue was solved within a week if not days, it’s a complete non-issue.

Edit: Wanna know what “breaks” old games for me?(hint it’s not drivers) My high refresh rate monitor. If it’s set over 60hz most old games insta crash as soon as they attempt to render. Drivers have never stopped me from playing the plethora of old games I have on Steam and GoG.

Last edited:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
About time. I've been running with 64-bit OS for about 9 years now, IIRC W7 RC was the first I used on my PC.