• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Optimizes Notebook PCs With New Lineup of GPUs

System Name G-REX
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE + 4 x Corsair LL120 (White)
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3600 (White)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME | 2TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVME
Display(s) 34.0" LG 34GP83A-B
Case Lian-Li Lancool 2 Mesh (White)
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Corsair Dark Core Pro SE
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK2 (Cherry MX Brown) + White PBT Key Caps
Software Windows 10 Home
As the global demand for better visual experiences makes its way into the notebook market, NVIDIA Corporation continues to address that demand with the introduction of a new line-up of notebook GPUs, the NVIDIA GeForce 9M Series of graphics processors, and a new graphics innovation, NVIDIA Hybrid SLI technology. These new technologies enable customers to optimize their notebooks to power today's visual applications, such as: the latest operating systems, photo editing, mapping software, games, and HD movies. Considered one of the most important processors inside the notebook PC, and perhaps the most important, an NVIDIA GPU enables a completely flexible, scalable, and high-definition entertainment platform.

"Beginning this summer, GeForce 9M GPUs and Hybrid SLI, paired with AMD and Intel CPUs, will enable a new breed of notebooks," said Jeff Fisher, senior vice president of the GPU business at NVIDIA. "These new notebooks will be optimized to deliver a visual experience and raw computing performance that traditional cookie-cutter notebooks with integrated graphics simply can't touch."

With the launch of the GeForce 9M Series of notebook GPUs, NVIDIA has once again engineered the world's fastest notebook GPUs, designed for running today's graphically intensive games, 3D applications and HD movies at extreme resolutions. In addition, this new GPU features a multi-core architecture which will not only speed up entertainment applications, but will also speed up today's lifestyle applications, like video encoding from a PC to a small personal media device, where the speed up in the video conversion is up to 5x faster with the GeForce 9M family GPUs."

In addition, the new GeForce 9M notebook GPUs enable the world's first notebooks with Hybrid SLI technology. The new technology enables two NVIDIA GPUs, one low-power and one high-performance, to work cooperatively in the same PC to deliver two features-GeForce Boost and HybridPower . These features deliver more performance from both GPUs for visual computing when needed, or save power by switching to the low-power GPU when not. Hybrid SLI gives users the quality and performance benefits of a high-performance GPU without sacrificing battery life.

The NVIDIA GeForce 9M family of GPUs also feature:

* A new graphics engine that delivers up to 40% faster performance than the previous generation GeForce notebook GPUs and 10x the performance of integrated graphics solutions
* New PureVideo HD video processing features for improved color and contrast
* Full support for the latest Blu-ray advancements including BD-Live and dual-stream video playback
* Extensive multi-display connectivity with support for all the latest display standards including DVI, HDMI 1.3, Display Port 1.1, and VGA
* Support for the new MXM version 3.0 graphics module specification

"With the recent addition of advanced features to Blu-ray and the complexity of DirectX 10 games like Crysis, PC users need more graphics processing performance than today's generic integrated graphics can deliver," said Rene Haas, general manager of the notebook business at NVIDIA. "The new GeForce 9M series meets this need while also delivering processing muscle for applications beyond gaming and graphics."

The new GeForce 9M GPUs will power the visual computing experience in over a hundred notebook models beginning this summer. For more information, please visit http://www.nvidia.com.

About NVIDIA
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
does it also come with the added ability to turn the other card off for non 3d functions??? like say put into into a 'sleep' mode sorta thing until a 3D app starts up then it will wake & kick in. that would be pretty cool since their making so much song n dance about how great the new set up is gonna be.

if its cool then I may wait until the 9 series is out before i decide to get a new laptop.

so it will be more of a performance jump. ATi X1600MR > 9800M (GS/GT/GTS/GTX)

Pwn'oriffic.

oh yeah & i like how they specifically mention AMD - after they were caught red handed a Cibit/computex having a laptop with an INTEL CPU when they were advertising it as some new fangled AMD mobile chip.

the night is young but do AMD really have what it takes to make things worth while??

System Name Minerva / Remus
Processor i9 10900KF (5.1Ghz) / Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming Z490 / MSI 550 Pro
Cooling Corsair iCUE H150i / Air Cooler
Memory 64Gb Crucial Ballistix (3200) / 16GB Crucial Ballistix (3200)
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 3070 Ti / Quadro P1000
Storage 16TB / 20TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF + HP z27 / Dell P22
Case Fractal Design 7 XL / MSi
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD
Power Supply Corsair HX750W Modular / Corsair CX550
Mouse Logitech G502 / G602
Keyboard Havit Kalih Blue Switch /
Software Win 10 Pro / Ubuntu 20.04
Benchmark Scores Suggestions.
Really i want to see the new Laptop GPU's since i've been itching to get a new one.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Hopefully the new models will come with better cooling as thats the one big thing that holds lappy back atm

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I would imagine, after Nvidias last 8 series made the mobile jump and therefore Hybrid Power, these would be included too. I love when ATI and Nvidia bring their desktop cards to the mobile market.

System Name PC2.1
Processor Intel i7 3770k @4.6GHZ
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair XMS 1866MHz
Video Card(s) SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
Storage Samsung 830 250gb /Samsung EVO 840 120GB
Display(s) 3x Dell 27" IPS screens
Case Thermaltake T81 Urban
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Software Windows 8.1 64bit
This is what i have been waiting on, been needing a new Laptop for some time, im still using a Dell with PII 500mhz woot such power lol.

The hybreed is what i have been needing, 90% of the laptops even 8600M GT and 9500Ms do not do well with most newer games, and 8800M cards cost way to much.
I just hope they can keep the price reasonable, im realy thinking it will be a 9500M with a 9600GT(some thing in this power range) this should give you the power of the 9800GTX for gaming.

im still waiting for a cheap laptop with good graphics ntill then ill never get a lappy they cost to much for the relative performance, i could get more performance for the money with a desktop

i wish theyd being out either a cheap as hell lappy with crap graphics but good at everything else or a lappy thats moderately priced but has decent graphics

all the dell lappy i see are crappy graphics yet cost too much

no doubt these new laptop gpu will be priced high

System Name PC2.1
Processor Intel i7 3770k @4.6GHZ
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair XMS 1866MHz
Video Card(s) SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
Storage Samsung 830 250gb /Samsung EVO 840 120GB
Display(s) 3x Dell 27" IPS screens
Case Thermaltake T81 Urban
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Software Windows 8.1 64bit
As long as its under $2,000.00 ill be getting one, im realy hoping its at least duel 9500Ms any thing less and ill pass.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
im still waiting for a cheap laptop with good graphics ntill then ill never get a lappy they cost to much for the relative performance, i could get more performance for the money with a desktop

i wish theyd being out either a cheap as hell lappy with crap graphics but good at everything else or a lappy thats moderately priced but has decent graphics

all the dell lappy i see are crappy graphics yet cost too much

no doubt these new laptop gpu will be priced high

Yeah id say yad be right considering mine was 3 odd grand when i bought it over a year ago :/

Last edited by a moderator: