• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Releases the GeForce 372.54 WHQL Drivers

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
While having some minor hitches/stutters in No Man's Sky under driver 368.22, things have become increasingly worse with this latest driver.

Anyone else have any kind of improvement in NMS with this new driver or are you having issues with it?

I'm going to be going back to my previous driver for now. Perhaps I'll try the latest driver in the near future once NMS gets patched some for performance issues.

Are the settings under "Change resolution" correct? I don't see why the nvida driver would individually influence software if the main setting is correctly set. That sounds more like a setting in Firefox or in a codec. Is the video in Firefox HTML5 or flash?

Anyway, there are two places that affect color, one is under "Change resolution" (i think that is the main one and affects everything) and the other is under "Adjust video color settings" (that affects only what is detected as video). Maybe try to do a clean driver install. The other possibility would be a conflict with the intel video driver that also has a lot of video related settings.
i know there are 2 places, but the change resolution one wouldnt appear if the monitor is using dvi (i think, i'm not on windows right now)

i am ONLY talking about the video setting on automatic, how a video player & other browser use full range, but FF is limited range when displaying a video (html5 of course)

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if these drivers include the couple of new OpenGL extensions that were in the 369.00 developer drivers?
get someone to run an extension viewer, or try them