• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia's profiteering ...Double the profits while torturing their customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
The thing is, Nvidia can't do shit about it. What could they do?
The issue is more or less on the supplier side of things, not on nvidia's end.
Well that don't make sense they supply the chips to the makers of video cards right? I mean how can they NOT be the provider of there fucking CHIP? I am lost here.
I know that they ship out there GPU's to Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and the such so that said why are they having this issue then?
From what I am hearing it is a GPU supply problem not say Asus Not able to make shit tons of cards! I bet if Asus had 1M GPU's they would stick them on 1M FUCKING cards and sell them NOW ASAP! Now where is this a CARD MAKERS PROBLEM?

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Well that don't make sense they supply the chips to the makers of video cards right? I mean how can they NOT be the provider of there fucking CHIP? I am lost here.
I know that they ship out there GPU's to Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and the such so that said why are they having this issue then?
From what I am hearing it is a GPU supply problem not say Asus Not able to make shit tons of cards! I bet if Asus had 1M GPU's they would stick them on 1M FUCKING cards and sell them NOW ASAP! Now where is this a CARD MAKERS PROBLEM?
Dude, you actually need to chill.

NVIDIA sells the chip to whichever AiB wants it. The AiB's are the ones marking up due to supply/demand standards, which has been around for thousands of years. If your local store marks up produce because their shelves aren't stocked, are you going to blame the farmers?

NVIDIA sells the chip to whichever AiB wants it. The AiB's are the ones marking up due to supply/demand standards, which has been around for thousands of years. If your local store marks up produce because their shelves aren't stocked, are you going to blame the farmers?

Toothless has a point here. And think about it, if Nvidia was to produce the whole card itself, it would be even worse mate.

I mean, even if they were to produce the whole card, then they sell them to local shops / suppliers, which don`t all have policies regarding mass buying.

Could Nvidia enforce a policy to not sell more than 1 gpu by individual?
Could ASUS enforce those kind of policy?
Could newegg? yep, they could. Did they?

And yeah there's a chip supplying issue, but there's a pandemic going on affecting all spheres of the manufacturing process. It's a very delicate issue, and companies can't just invest into their productions more and more and more. Once the tides calm down, will the demand be as high as now? Will the investment be paid off, knowing that fabs and stuff cost ALOT.

The point is, if Nvidia could sell more chip, I bet they would man. I don't think Nvidia has any wrong intentions of slowing the manufacturing process, they still do sell the chip at an X price to the AIB, so they have nothing to win here.

If everything comes back to normal, regarding the pandemic, I guess prices and stock and cryptocurrencies should get back to normal.

The root cause of the issue, as of now, is that the MSRP of the card is lower than the real value of the card nowadays, so people can buy it from the LAST point of the supplier chain, and sell it at even higher price.
It still has sense to some as those card gives revenue based on their cryptocurrency ROI and because people love to play at 4k 60 fps and have tons of cash.

Last edited:

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I propose we stand together and boycott every tech company for 2 years, oh well I don't need to upgrade anything for another 2 years anyways :roll:
It's easier than you think when there's no availability anyway...

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
It's easier than you think when there's no availability anyway...

I mean every single tech equipment: PC, phones, laptop, TV, etc...since they are all from greedy ass companies like Nvidia, anyways my comment was a satire :D

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
It looks to me as if the OP baited you all and disappeared, shutting it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.