• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVMe with Intel 3D Nand TLC - 120GB for 33 USD from China Reeinno Mace-2000 test

Yep. That kind of thinking moves us to use only 1 serious brand...............
Micron \ crucial, Samsung, Intel, HP, ADATA, Corsair and many more are still available
If anything, SM and micron gives more possibilities for new brands to emerge.

But trusting data on brands with unknown history of QA and engineering is bad for data.
I'm sure Joe will be happy to remember he saved 5-10$ for this drive after it suddenly just died

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
Yep. That kind of thinking moves us to use only 1 serious brand...............

Why review of unknown Reeinno is interesting? Because its not 326th review of Curcial or other SSDs with"reputable brand". Not known, does not mean bad.
That’s makes no sense at all

So your argument is that because other known brands are reviewed more so you should go with this unknown brand

It is not interesting at all. Those looking to obtain a SSD are doing to to gain the benefits of the read/write speeds and it’s affects on load times. It doesn’t make any sense to buy a SSD just to result in disappointment from mediocre performances that isn’t always consistent

If price is a concern you have other better options that I may add even includes warranty For barely $5 more

D

Deleted member 67555

That’s makes no sense at all

So your argument is that because other known brands are reviewed more so you should go with this unknown brand

It is not interesting at all. Those looking to obtain a SSD are doing to to gain the benefits of the read/write speeds and it’s affects on load times. It doesn’t make any sense to buy a SSD just to result in disappointment from mediocre performances that isn’t always consistent

If price is a concern you have other better options that I may add even includes warranty For barely $5 more
Like this https://www.microcenter.com/product...e-nvme-3-x2-internal-solid-state-drive-(256g)
This is literally as low as I'd go... 3 year warranty
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phison-e8-nvme-ssd,5181-2.html

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Its silly to compare M.2 drives to SATA SSDs. Why? Because its better to use M.2 than SATA3 drives. Why? There are no any wires! If M.2 SATA drives costs the same like M.2 NVMe - its better to get NVMe. Even without cache. Thats my opinion.

i'm not saying that Reeinno w/out cache is much faster than other drives. Its a drive with enough read/write speeds.

That kind of drives are at entry or ultra low end levels. The point is the price. It does not matter if the game loads 2s faster. Noone considers to use it in any kind of servers for professional use where the real I/O performance and read/write speeds are matter. The test proved that chinese ultra low price NVMe is a very good option and its not worse than other SSDs produced by big companies.
no nvme drive costs the same a its sata equivalent. if you come across a nvme drive that costs the same as a sata one that means the production costs have been cut on way or the other.If it has no cache, it's not the same drive. Buying a cheap nvme you end up with a drive that provides hardly any performance improvment over sata (see what I wrote here https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...a-reeinno-mace-2000-test.249154/#post-3935450) and can cause you problems in the long run.
Here in PL you can get a good 500gb sata ssd for just over 300pln, show me a good nvme at similar price. Cheap nvmes still cost more than sata, they don't perform anywhere near as good as reputable nvme drives and come with short warranties and low tbw)

Last edited: