• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Official] Oculus Quest 2

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Take a look yourself with news from TPU that are tagged with VR.

There are only 2 types in terms of titles:
1. Press release
2. VR something something dead or VR something something bad.

Don't trust me? Let's see some clicky baity titles and comments shall we?

Deleting your Facebook Account Makes You Lose Ownership to Oculus Games
Looking for a Paperweight? Buy an Oculus Quest 2 and Get Your Facebook Account Locked
The VirtualLink USB-C VR Headset Connection Standard is Dead
Facebook Technologies Stops Sales of Oculus VR Headset in Germany
Have Some Facebook With Your VR: Facebook and Oculus Integration to Become Mandatory
Valve Removes SteamVR Support on macOS
Half Life: Alyx - The VR "Killer App" That Likely Wasn't ------------Like WTF? One of the most innovative game in 2020 and our news staff call it dead
2018 Was the Year of VR Headsets - Except it Wasn't, According to Steam Hardware Survey

Look at the amount of comments (interactions == site traffic ==potential ad revenue) for ANY article that paints VR in a bad light. Instead of presenting a story unbiased, the news staff likes to generate click baits to feed the trending TPU culture of hating on any type of new technology.

Anyway, nothing I can do and nothing I can change. Haters will always be haters. Not my job to shovel stuff under their nose and tell them (be open minded for new tech just once).
Those are pretty bad headlines.. lol It is frustrating that we haven't got a good news article on Half-Life: Alyx. I was hopeing @W1zzard would do the best graphics cards to play HLA at some point but I'm not sure W1zzard has one to test? I keep looking for VR to be added to the Graphics card reviews but I'm sure he has had his hands full with the new Nvidia cards. Tyler from VNN just posted about buying a Quest 2 and now thinks the Index is dead because the Quest 2 looks better and can be played wirelessly for only $299 and can be picked up at a regular store like Target. It was a great video but heart breaking at the same time.. haha I've linked the video give it a watch. I don't think Valve will walk away from VR but they do need to step up their game.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
It appears that the mandatory Facebook integration of the Oculus Quest 2 has been bypassed. Though there is no public released access for this hack that I'm aware of after reading up on this. Link to story.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I have no VR devices, and not sure if VR is gaining or losing adoption

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Hopefully, the Quest 2 makes that answer more clear. It would be nice if fb would send you a review unit. I wonder if reaching out to them on Twitter would get you one? I can truly say if they don't then the $299 64gb version is well worth the purchase. I would be interested in see your take on Half-Life: Alyx as well. :toast:

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Yeah, it's pretty exciting to think about what modders will be able to do having access to root. If I'm being honest I'm pretty pleased just having SideQuest and all the bells and whistles from FB's software/games push. I've had multple open HMD's with a ton of crap shovel ware. As much as I love SteamVR the games could be better.. for every good game you have 100 bad games..

Let's not be too hard on the Staff. We are over worked and under paid! haha Wait can you consider no pay as under paid?.. lol I'm a glass half full kind of guy let's hope that VR continues to grow and we get more great news for them to report on. :toast:

Indeed it is exciting. The Oculus Quest 2 was released on October 13th. So the draconian FaceBook restrictions have been stripped off within two weeks.

I'd like to see what this looks like in actual practice but its great to see and know its happened.

Its my hope that Facebook will relent and rollback their FB account restrictions making this all unnecessary. However, my instincts are telling me that they will simply double down thus establishing a cat and mouse game.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
Indeed it is exciting. The Oculus Quest 2 was released on October 13th. So the draconian FaceBook restrictions have been stripped off within two weeks.

I'd like to see what this looks like in actual practice but its great to see and know its happened.

Its my hope that Facebook will relent and rollback their FB account restrictions making this all unnecessary. However, my instincts are telling me that they will simply double down thus establishing a cat and mouse game.
I don't think they will push it just going off their stance on Revive. I think the actual users that do choose to root their Quest 2 will be small compared to their overall users. I have to say with the amount of money they are dumping into VR developers I don't feel the need to root my Quest 2 with having SideQuest access. SideQuest to me is the biggest feature. Now I support the need to root/hack the quest in the event things change later.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
If anything, Valve should sponsor W1zzard and TPU an Index for evaluations. GPU and VR go hand in hand so much.

If I am rich I would totally buy a Valve index and donate it to W1zzard for VR GPU testing.

On a different thought, can you @Mindweaver write reviews for VR HMD in the name of TPU? That way W1zzard and you will be sampled by HMD makers with HMD, and eventually W1zzard may start a VR section review in his GPU review

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
On a different thought, can you @Mindweaver write reviews for VR HMD in the name of TPU? That way W1zzard and you will be sampled by HMD makers with HMD, and eventually W1zzard may start a VR section review in his GPU review
That's a great question, I think anything is possible, but this section has to do better than it has been traffic-wise. I feel like VR is really getting ready to take off but a lot of stuff still needs to happen. The Quest 2 is a great start along with content like Half-Life:Alyx. Hopefully, the new Medal of Honor Above and Beyond draw more users into VR. I was very suprised that it's not going to be a native game for Quest, but understand the reason why. It's probably down to it not able to run on the og Quest. I still think it's possible to run natively on Quest 2 but just not at launch. Quest/Quest 2 users will have to use link to play it.

I think the lack of enough new next gen consoles will force mom and dad's to buy Quest 2s or at least I hope. Plus, once people that haven't had a chance to play VR get a chance to actually experience good VR should be huge for VR's growth. It should kill all of the phone VR's negative impact that most people tie to all of VR.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
I don't think they will push it just going off their stance on Revive. I think the actual users that do choose to root their Quest 2 will be small compared to their overall users. I have to say with the amount of money they are dumping into VR developers I don't feel the need to root my Quest 2 with having SideQuest access. SideQuest to me is the biggest feature. Now I support the need to root/hack the quest in the event things change later.

That very well may be but if I recall correctly, there was a time where the most popular VR HMD (or one of the most popular) on Steam was the Sony PSVR. Clearly, there was a hack to get the PSVR to work with PC / Steam which is effectively a jailbreak.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Take a look yourself with news from TPU that are tagged with VR.

There are only 2 types in terms of titles:
1. Press release
2. VR something something dead or VR something something bad.

Don't trust me? Let's see some clicky baity titles and comments shall we?

Deleting your Facebook Account Makes You Lose Ownership to Oculus Games
Looking for a Paperweight? Buy an Oculus Quest 2 and Get Your Facebook Account Locked
The VirtualLink USB-C VR Headset Connection Standard is Dead
Facebook Technologies Stops Sales of Oculus VR Headset in Germany
Have Some Facebook With Your VR: Facebook and Oculus Integration to Become Mandatory
Valve Removes SteamVR Support on macOS
Half Life: Alyx - The VR "Killer App" That Likely Wasn't ------------Like WTF? One of the most innovative game in 2020 and our news staff call it dead
2018 Was the Year of VR Headsets - Except it Wasn't, According to Steam Hardware Survey

Look at the amount of comments (interactions == site traffic ==potential ad revenue) for ANY article that paints VR in a bad light. Instead of presenting a story unbiased, the news staff likes to generate click baits to feed the trending TPU culture of hating on any type of new technology.

Anyway, nothing I can do and nothing I can change. Haters will always be haters. Not my job to shovel stuff under their nose and tell them (be open minded for new tech just once).

I would like for you to single out, from those articles you so selectively listed, passages where VR is said to be bad, or dead technology, or vaporware, or where a TPU staff member says that VR is obviously dead, or that they're glad it hasn't picked up as much as it could, or anything else, really.

I mean, I'm sorry, but you are just so biased on these comments that it's not even funny. I'm sorry if the world surrounding VR isn't all roses, and that there have been negative decisions towards the ecossystem from others that aren't TPU. None of those articles paint VR in a bad light, they showcase decisions that are detrimental towards VR. Two completely different things.

Include the article on Nayeon there, for chrissakes. Include all the other articles on Alyx, please, like these:

Valve To Announce Half-Life VR Game, Half-Life: Alyx, on November 21st

Half-Life: Alyx Officially Revealed, Will Release March 2020

Half Life: Alyx Now Released for VR Systems, Receives Acclaim in Reviews

And I'll leave here the final part of the news post you referenced regarding Half Life: Alyx not being a killer app:

Raevenlord said:
As we've seen, PC hardware sales have seen an increase motivated by the "quarantine bubble" many countries across the world are now experiencing. And while PC hardware sales have increased, they have done so in products that are mostly geared towards reducing social distancing. The asking price for a new VR headset, alongside limited usage scenarios; low adoption amongst friends and relatives of would-be-purchasers of the tech; and the absence of a developed ecosystem; all seem to concurrently lead to there not being a relevant sales increase. No reports have surfaced on the increased sales rate of VR headsets since the quarantine has been enacted in many countries across the globe.

It seems that there still is a long way to go for VR to become mainstream: whether a new generation of cheaper products, the democratization of wireless adapter solutions, cross-platform support for your smartphone, PC and console... Whatever the solution for that particular equation is (and the solution will likely eventually be found), it seems that Half Life: Alyx wasn't the killer app to tip the scales. Which is a shame. But until that killer app, or killer conjunction of variables, surfaces, you can try to play Half Life: Alyx without a VR headset via some mods that have already been released for the game. It's not the same, obviously; and it's not Half Life 3. But it's something. It's something.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
That very well may be but if I recall correctly, there was a time where the most popular VR HMD (or one of the most popular) on Steam was the Sony PSVR. Clearly, there was a hack to get the PSVR to work with PC / Steam which is effectively a jailbreak.
It's not really a hack or Jailbreak to get PSVR on Steam VR. The PSVR just works as another monitor when plugged into a PC. The makers of Trinus VR just do some software changes to make it work with SteamVR. The PSVR was one of the top HMD's due to the low barrier of entry. I'm already running into players in PCVR using Quest 2. I just ran into a cool side by side of Quest and Quest 2, check it out.

it seems that Half Life: Alyx wasn't the killer app to tip the scales.
I agree with this 100%. I was wrong thinking it was going to be the killer app that brought everyone into vr, but it came down to lack of hardware. If Valve could have kept up with stock of the index it could have been huge, but people are still waiting to get an index. I think Covid really killed HLA's momentum, but with Quest 2 keeping up with stock and being only $299 and the fact you can pick it up in a store will be the killer vr hardware. I still think HLA will help in a big way. People forget that HL2 was successful for years after it's release.

The word is that Valve is working on an Index 2 with more readily available hardware and easier to build to keep up with demand, but still be a premium VR HMD.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
It's not really a hack or Jailbreak to get PSVR on Steam VR. The PSVR just works as another monitor when plugged into a PC. The makers of Trinus VR just do some software changes to make it work with SteamVR. The PSVR was one of the top HMD's due to the low barrier of entry. I'm already running into players in PCVR using Quest 2. I just ran into a cool side by side of Quest and Quest 2, check it out.

Quite right, the general takeaway though is that there was (at the time) a lower cost of entry option of good quality effectively locked by the manufacture into their specific platform (no real support for PC). There was a barrier with respect to proper use with PC / Steam and that Rubicon was crossed with the likes of Trinus PSVR.

The point is that the same conditions exist for the Oculus Quest 2 but now its with respect to the FB restrictions with specificity.

Cheap and high quality (not just for the money) but with restrictions is an invitation or a challenge to hack away at the offending part.

I agree with this 100%. I was wrong thinking it was going to be the killer app that brought everyone into vr, but it came down to lack of hardware. If Valve could have kept up with stock of the index it could have been huge, but people are still waiting to get an index. I think Covid really killed HLA's momentum, but with Quest 2 keeping up with stock and being only $299 and the fact you can pick it up in a store will be the killer vr hardware. I still think HLA will help in a big way. People forget that HL2 was successful for years after it's release.

The word is that Valve is working on an Index 2 with more readily available hardware and easier to build to keep up with demand, but still be a premium VR HMD.

I may have mentioned this before but I know of at least one person that bought a Valve index (paid in full and did a lot of waiting in the queue) only to play HL:A to completion and sell the Valve Index on when done.

That to me is extreme.

However, people do strange things.

The desire for many to play HL:A was high. Not everyone had the means or inclination to go to such extremes to play HL:A but the desire was there from anyone who was properly indoctrinated into the HL ethos.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
I may have mentioned this before but I know of at least one person that bought a Valve index (paid in full and did a lot of waiting in the queue) only to play HL:A to completion and sell the Valve Index on when done.

That to me is extreme.

However, people do strange things.

The desire for many to play HL:A was high. Not everyone had the means or inclination to go to such extremes to play HL:A but the desire was there from anyone who was properly indoctrinated into the HL ethos.
Yeah, I've heard of people doing that just to play Alyx. The more people that get to play Alxy the better. It's a great game and I can't wait for more high quality games. I have high hopes for Metal of Honor. I hope I'm wrong. I can't wait for Jurassic world either. I didn't like that fact it's cell shaded when they announced it, but the more I watch the trailer the more I want it.

I can't express enough to people how good just simple stuff in VR looks. I mean I never really got into Minecraft because I don't care for the graphics, but in VR it's pretty amazing. I haven't played Minecraft VR, but Pavlov has Minecraft custom maps with a zombie mode called Minecraft Zombies that I can't get enough of. It's like COD Zombies where you get money based on killing zombies and then buy new areas of the map and guns off the wall. Right now in Pavlov Shack on SideQuest it doesn't have Minecraft Zombies, but it should be in the next update that takes advantage of the Quest 2.

One gem is Coco VR which doesn't look like much from the pancake pictures but roaming around the town in VR is amazing. I really hope Disney start doing more stuff in VR. I just bought my daughters a small Disney VR experience called Myth: A Frozen Tale and it's really good. I don't really care for the Frozen movies, but in VR it's really cool. I like most of the movie experiences like this where you are just in the movie. I like all of the ILMxLAB stuff as well and can't wait for Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
I'm actually more interested in Star Wars: Squadrons but I'd be happy to try Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge too.

I have Star Wars Vader Immortal I, II and III. They are good games but are more on the side of simple experience then actual game.

I'm not against VR movies either.

Anyone that has a VR HMD I would also highly recommend a 360 camera. I've got one and it can be a great way to capture and experience photos and video that you have created. For example, I've got this great video I shot on a glass bottom boat over a coral reef in Jamaica when on vacation. You just cant get that same effect with a DSLR or phone video.

Processor Undead CPU
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Software Windows 10 P
I'm actually more interested in Star Wars: Squadrons but I'd be happy to try Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge too.

I have Star Wars Vader Immortal I, II and III. They are good games but are more on the side of simple experience then actual game.

Anyone that has a VR HMD I would also highly recommend a 360 camera. I've got one and it can be a great way to capture and experience photos and video that you have created. For example, I've got this great video I shot on a glass bottom boat over a coral reef in Jamaica when on vacation. You just cant get that same effect with a DSLR or phone video.

Which brand of 360 camera did you get? I am super interested in this. Been taking photo spheres with my phone, It is OK but the distortion kinda sucks.

Also post your 360 video to youtube! I wanna see !

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Which brand of 360 camera did you get? I am super interested in this. Been taking photo spheres with my phone, It is OK but the distortion kinda sucks.

I have the Samsung Gear 360 (first version) that I bought new a while ago for almost nothing. I was looking to buy the GoPro Fusion (not the newer GoPro Max) which hit the market at about ~$699 but currently can be had for under ~$300 USD.

The quality keeps getting better with newer cameras so I try to buy when the price drops (due to a newer model). The old Samsung Gear 360 specs are 3840 x 2160 / 4k which is fairly good but for 360 / spherical photos / video you really need more in the way of 5.2K or better.

The Go Pro Fusion is water proof / resistant out of the box so no need for a case and it also has 5.2K resolution. Unfortunately underwater 360 video needs some work as the water adds some distortions.

I'm not really one to post videos but my Wife posted a few via FB.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes

Yeah I want Squadrons, but I'm still waiting for them to fix all the VR stuff. They just fixed the stuck at 60hz thing in the latest update.

Yeah, I'd like to see this as well.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
If I had one complaint about the Oculus store is finding stuff to play that's on sale or free, or even cross-by. Well, that changed Friday! I don't know how I've missed this site but it's awesome and you can even use it to find SteamVR games.

https://vrdb.app/

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
There are some games that I want but I have resisted buying them because I don't really want to buy Oculus store exclusives. I don't know for sure if My next VR HMD will be from Oculus and it makes it easier to make a move if I haven't invested in their library.

I did get some freebies though, such as:

RoboRecall
Lucky's Tale
Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episode I
Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episode II
Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episode III
Echo VR

I wanted to buy:

Lone Echo
Stormland VR

I prefer to buy from Steam and was hoping these games and others would drop the exclusivity eventually.

I kind of wish the Oculus Quest 2 had two USB-C ports. That way you could have a battery connected while connected to a PC.

Although, wireless connections to a PC can get around that.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes
There are some games that I want but I have resisted buying them because I don't really want to buy Oculus store exclusives. I don't know for sure if My next VR HMD will be from Oculus and it makes it easier to make a move if I haven't invested in their library.

I did get some freebies though, such as:

RoboRecall
Lucky's Tale
Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episode I
Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episode II
Star Wars Vader Immortal: Episode III
Echo VR

I wanted to buy:

Lone Echo
Stormland VR

I prefer to buy from Steam and was hoping these games and others would drop the exclusivity eventually.

I kind of wish the Oculus Quest 2 had two USB-C ports. That way you could have a battery connected while connected to a PC.

Although, wireless connections to a PC can get around that.
Just use it wirelessly to your pc using Virtual Desktop. It's amazing having no wires connected to pc. I don't really buy from the Oculus store either when it's offered on Steam but I will buy the exclusives but these are mainly single player games that I might only play once or twice after I finish them. It's worth it because the exclusive games are worth it but like I said they work on revive or at least I check before I buy. I want those games as well and Asgard's Wrath, but the one I want the most now is Jurassic World. It was Metal of Honor, but it's not going to be an exclusive and will be sold on Steam.

Processor Undead CPU
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Software Windows 10 P

Man I am getting the itch to get a Quest2 more and more every day. My wife will be very disappointed if I do get it tho.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
Benchmark Scores Yes

Man I am getting the itch to get a Quest2 more and more every day. My wife will be very disappointed if I do get it tho.
If you add the DAS she won't be. It's a must-have for me in comfort-wise and upgrade audio solution.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board

How about this one. Play Xbox on your Oculus Quest.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Now that I think about it, its too bad that Oculus didn't make the Quest 2 controllers compatible / interchangeable with the original Quest v1.

If it were, Oculus Quest v1 users could upgrade to Oculus Quest 2 by purchasing just the HMD itself. This could have lowered costs even more. How many more people would have jumped on Oculus Quest 2 if they could buy it new at ~$220 or ~$250 as a starting price,....?

Think of it like HTC Vive users being able to upgrade from the original Vive to the Valve Index or Vive Pro by just purchasing the HMD itself. They already have compatible controllers (Vive wands) and Lighhouse / Steam tracking 1.0 etc.

I don't like that Oculus totally dropped their original tracking when moving from Rift to Rift s / Quest and I don't like that the Oculus Quest 2 can't support the old Oculus Quest controllers (or the other way around). There seems to be a consistent process if burning bridges and breaking with their previous tech.

All while Steam tracking has been fairly consistent or improved upon.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
The thing is the Quest 2 at $399, in combination with Games like Half Life Alyx and Squadrons mixed with COVID should have ushered in the age of VR. Unfortunately the facebook requirement has many of us that could afford a $399 Quest 2 not interested. This hack does intrigue me though.