• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OpenAI Considers Exit From Europe - Faces Planned Legislation from Regulators

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750R
Software Win 10 Pro x64
This already exists in legal code. Companies and persons of influence can face civil and even criminal troubles if they deliberately state false or misleading information. For example, Shaq and the like facing legal troubles for the involvement in those cryptocoin scandals.

Fully agree!

I can give you many. Example:

Fact.
The Sun emits light and matter every moment of every day.

Fact:
The substance commonly known as "Water" is comprised of molecules which contain the elements Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Fact:
An atom of Hydrogen contains only one Electron and can not be made to carry two Electrons.

See how easy that is?

Indeed, it does apply to business falsely advertising products and services on a Federal level (FTC).
The FCC however doesn't do anything in regards to news organizations. That is just bonkers.

Again I'll refrain from expanding on that for obvious reasons.

Indeed, it does apply to business falsely advertising products and services on a Federal level (FTC).
The FCC however doesn't do anything in regards to news organizations. That is just bonkers.
You're missing something, every state in the USA has legal code that allows for civil and criminal penalties for misleading anyone with false information that causes ANY form of harm.

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750R
Software Win 10 Pro x64
That's fragmented, it should have an equal amount of federal jurisdiction. That carries a lot more weight behind it.

System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
Yes, run from the light you creature of darkness. Accountability is difficult for some.

And this is why the whole idea of EU, a supernational state ruled by people no one voted for or even knew existed before they're put in power, was actually a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against some form of regulation for AI, just not by these underhanded and conspiring halfwits.

And this is why the whole idea of EU, a supernational state ruled by people no one voted for or even knew existed before they're put in power, was actually a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against some form of regulation for AI, just not by these underhanded and conspiring halfwits.
I doubt the EU bureaucrats will oblige the AI to teach the flat earth like religion lessons, but it is not impossible for it to absorb and accept as facts and useful information a billion gigabytes of all kinds of BS. :(

vandaminator

Europe really is trying to legislate itself into oblivion and become a museum. It's a similar situation to Project Manhattan - If USA didn't develop and drop the A-bombs, Germans would, at some point, figure it out and do it themselves. Or ruskies, which would have been even worse. If Europe cripples AI research and usage, it will fall behind the rest of the world even more than it does now. In a decade or two there will be no serious research and development done without AI being used in some capacity. Hell, it's nothing new, many advanced circuits are designed with machine learning tools for years if not decades now.
You just need to read some history books, you dont need ChatGPT to tell you are historical inacurate

Gahl1k

People here arguing about ChatGPT's silly answers while AI tools are already wreaking havoc in China.

You just need to read some history books, you dont need ChatGPT to tell you are historical inacurate
Would you care to elaborate? There's no East India Company any more - which is ironic since India now has more power than UK -, after Second World War Europe is in a downward spiral with Germany and France basically keeping the whole area somewhat kind-of-relevant. The world is now USA, Asia and the rest. Many people in Europe seem to forget it's not the XIX century.
economic_powers.jpg

Would you care to elaborate? There's no East India Company any more - which is ironic since India now has more power than UK -, after Second World War Europe is in a downward spiral with Germany and France basically keeping the whole area somewhat kind-of-relevant. The world is now USA, Asia and the rest. Many people in Europe seem to forget it's not the XIX century.
When you add up all the EU countries together the GDP is not that far behind China. I believe for 2022 it was ~$17T vs ~$19T. If they hadn't lost the UK they would be bigger than China.

after Second World War Europe is in a downward spiral with Germany and France basically keeping the whole area somewhat kind-of-relevant. The world is now USA, Asia and the rest. Many people in Europe seem to forget it's not the XIX century.
Your view of the world is seriously out of whack and needs adjustment.

D

Deleted member 185088

not having developed its knowledge through empiricism gives it inherent weakness, which shows at the advanced level of questions I throw at it, useless database
You missed my point of used properly it's good.

When you add up all the EU countries together the GDP is not that far behind China. I believe for 2022 it was ~$17T vs ~$19T. If they hadn't lost the UK they would be bigger than China.
You're comparing the whole continent to a single country. Now compare Europe to all of Asia...
Your view of the world is seriously out of whack and needs adjustment.
What kind of an adjustment? I'm simply comparing economical power of Europe against the rest of the world. I do live here and would like for this comparison to be a more favorable one, but, as Americans say, "it is what it is". While Asia embraces technological advancement and puts no brakes on pushing the world forward, USA went "full stupid" on corporate capitalism and Europe clings to the past greatness.

This new sorcery called steam engine spells doom on the humans. Doom I tell you! The machines will steal our jobs and our souls. I beg you to put a stop to them now before it is too late, before our kids will suffer.

Oh wait, it is not 1712? It does seem the history is repeating.
The machines did steal our jobs and turned us into drones. So many human qualities have been lost. For example common sense is lacking everywhere. With the abundance of product enabled by the industrial age, we invented’branding’ and false choices. With AI in the loop, critical thinking will be impossible as facts will disappear into a storm of fabrication. And that fabrication will be tailored to each person because AI can maintain context.

imagine waking up in the morning and just doing random things all day not based in reality but rather based on false information. You can actually see what this will be like by visiting a locked psych ward- the patients dont interact much- they are each in their own world

View attachment 297909
How does the bulk of the population live in the USA, China or India? It is very useful for the citizen that your country is a superpower.

In Europe we are busy living, enjoying our streets, our public health and our pensions.

The flag and patriotic pride does not feed us or bring us happiness.

How does the bulk of the population live in the USA, China or India? It is very useful for the citizen that your country is a superpower.

In Europe we are busy living, enjoying our streets, our public health and our pensions.

The flag and patriotic pride does not feed us or bring us happiness.
Please hush, we don't need this kind of political nonsense..

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
Funny how ppl think they can say AI doesnt need any regulation etc, while not even having a decent set of info to determine that.

military drone AI already did "skynet" stuff in a test, by "taking out" the operator, as he/she interfered with its top priority (destroy a target), that turned out to be non mil.
after changing the "rules", and telling the AI not to "harm" the operator, the next time the human denied the drone to attack a target,
the drone took out the control tower, then commenced to destroy the "target".