• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Palit GeForce GTX 470 Dual Fan

W

wahdangun

I'm pretty sure he is asking becuase the only accurate thing out of your statement was that it is more power hungry. It runs cooler, and there is no noise difference.

The PhysX in Metro 2033 that can't be disabled runs on the CPU, regardless of the presents of an nVidia or ATi card. So it is not unfair to ATi cards.

AVP maybe, but Dirt2 and BC2 aren't DX11 titles...well they say they are...but they aren't, they are DX9 titles with a few DX10 features added, and tessellation added to one or two insignificant objects.

owh, sorry because i think if the card use more power then it always generate more heat and make more noise (because using dual fan)

hmm why u said BC2 aren't DX 11 title ? (with dirt2 i can understad, but BC2)
and btw AVP was suck compared to BC2 (although it give you more performance when using DX 11 effect), and a lot of people playing BC2 than AVP

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
owh, sorry because i think if the card use more power then it always generate more heat and make more noise (because using dual fan)

Well that is true, more power means more heat, but the card actually isn't hotter, which is what you said. It runs cooler.

And this comment makes it obvious you didn't actually read the review, because basing the argument that it is louder on nothing other than it has two fans means you looked at the picture, saw two fans, and assumed it was louder without actually reading the review.

See, if you read the review, and didn't just look at the pictures and jump to conclusions you would have read:

...the differences are too small to be actually noticed without measuring equipment. So for all intents and purposes the noise levels should be considered equal.

hmm why u said BC2 aren't DX 11 title ? (with dirt2 i can understad, but BC2)
and btw AVP was suck compared to BC2 (although it give you more performance when using DX 11 effect), and a lot of people playing BC2 than AVP

Because it isn't, I'm not really saying it shouldn't be included in the benchmarking line-up, but it isn't a DX11 title. It uses no tesselation, and visually doesn't look any different in DX11 over DX10.

Last edited:
System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
2 GTX470 = 5850+5870 (simply put them in a hydra chip mobo, like crosshair extreme IV ;))

Would not = a 5850+5870 Crossifre........ Why because a 5850+5870 actually does a coupld frames worse then a 5850+5850 Crossfire setup. Not maby much but it still does worse. There are a couple of reviews about this. Not only that..... I have owned exactly that setup.... and it is true.

Just wanted to mention that.