• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Panasonic Announces microP2 Memory Card Series

Continuing its evolution to higher-speed, lower-cost media, Panasonic announced today a new series of memory cards called microP2 card, which have an SD card form factor to further cost-efficiencies in media pricing. The simultaneous introduction of a microP2 Card Adaptor assures that the new series of 64 GB and 32 GB microP2 cards will operate in current P2 hardware.

The microP2 card will ensure high-speed transfer, high reliability and the writing assurance of all P2 frame rates, formats and codecs, as well as Panasonic's newest compression platform, up to the AVC-Intra200 mode of AVC-ULTRA, which will be available within 2013. Furthering the versatility of the microP2 card adaptor, its design allows Class 10 or high-quality SD cards (at bit rates only up to 50M bps) to be used in P2 products in emergency situations.

"Since introducing this Emmy Award-winning, solid-state recording format nearly a decade ago, Panasonic has continued to make improvements to P2," said John Baisley, Executive Vice President, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA). "The development of the microP2 card brings additional innovation to the owners of the more than 250,000 P2 products in use worldwide."

Panasonic's P2 solid-state memory cards ensure highly reliable video, audio, and metadata recording, especially in challenging conditions of extreme temperature range, shock, and vibration. P2 cards allow professional users to benefit from a fast, easy, file-based workflow and exceptional reliability.

The microP2 media and microP2 Card Adaptor will be available in spring 2013.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD4650 Ultimate Edition
Storage 60GB Corsair Force LE, 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F1, 500GB Seagate
Display(s) 22" Samsung T220HD & 19" Acer X193W
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Why not, because we all know how much problems SDHC caused. I don't really see the need for it, same with Sony's new format for the PS Vita. It's easier to work with what's already there. It's not like there's a need for a new format, there's already so many. This would be great if there was only 2 or 3, but there's not.

What problems with SDHC? It's identical to regular SD cards except very very old devices don't support it. Mostly because of higher capacity. And thats it.

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD4650 Ultimate Edition
Storage 60GB Corsair Force LE, 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F1, 500GB Seagate
Display(s) 22" Samsung T220HD & 19" Acer X193W
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
What problems with SDHC? It's identical to regular SD cards except very very old devices don't support it. Mostly because of higher capacity. And thats it.

Forgot to mention it was sarcasm, oops :nutkick: My 32GB SDHC card has been serving me well for almost 2 years now in my camera and across various laptops and computers. And other SD cards have served me well in the past. I think it's the only format I've actually never had problems on unlike MMC, microSD and Memory Stick Pro Duo.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Then how exactly do you think the poor companies are going to rape the average consumer by increasing their profit margin not by tens of percents, but by hundreds?