• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC doesn't POST

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Mentioned this briefly in the UK Clubhouse. My ITX system died spontaneously the other day. The computer doesn't POST at all, but my monitor does engage the backlight despite there being no display. I've literally tested everything besides the motherboard and CPU individually, so it's either of those two.
I've sent the board and CPU to an engineer (A crap one), and he can literally only agree with me that it doesn't POST, as neither me nor him have the ability to test the CPU or MoBo seperately. Would I be correct in assuming it's the MoBo? I was under the impression that a PC would still boot without a processor, and at the POST screen it would simply give a NO CPU error. The fact it doesn't POST, leads me to believe it's this flimsy POS ASrock motherboard.
In the process of attempting an RMA with Amazon now for the motherboard anyway.

System Name Winter Heater
Processor Intel Core I7 5820k@4250 Mhz
Motherboard ASUS x99 Deluxe
Cooling Cryorig H5
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 + 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) OEM GTX 970
Storage Seagate ST4000VN000, Hitachi 2TB, Crucial CX500 1TB
Display(s) LG 23EA63
Case Thermaltake Versa N21
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Chances are it's like you've said, the mobo could be the culprit. Too bad it died on you this time of the year. My previous video card died on me some 2 hours before the New Year, and it sucked :D

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Chances are it's like you've said, the mobo could be the culprit. Too bad it died on you this time of the year. My previous video card died on me some 2 hours before the New Year, and it sucked :D

Yeah money is incredibly tight until the 23rd when I get paid, which in itself is a PITA because I need to buy 2 more presents :( Not to mention I have a TPU pub crawl to attend this weekend. Luckily I have my 8350 system, which has a faulty motherboard (RAM doesn't overclock past 1600 and the LAN port doesn't work xD), and it's loud as a Coon scratching its balls on sandpaper. But it works for now.